• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ralph Ellison

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anyone have an guesses as to his type? I'd venture N at least. I'm currently reading and enjoying The Invisible Man.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, I don't know.

It's been a really long time since I've read The Invisible Man, and I only vaguely remember significant points of the plot since I was relatively young when I read it.

Can I prematurely deem him a Fi-user on the premise that TIM focuses on the theme of "man's search for his identity and place in society"? No?

How about I dig up some real dirt on the guy and get back to you...

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow, I don't know.

It's been a really long time since I've read The Invisible Man, and I only vaguely remember significant points of the plot since I was relatively young when I read it.

Can I prematurely deem him a Fi-user on the premise that TIM focuses on the theme of "man's search for his identity and place in society"? No?

How about I dig up some real dirt on the guy and get back to you...

Cheers. I've done a bit meself but I'd like to hear your opinion.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The fact that he never finished his second book (parts of it are just being published now) is similar to other writers who prefer INFP and INTP. Never quite ready for prime time...

amaifreeman

MBTI Type
intp
The fact that he never finished his second book (parts of it are just being published now) is similar to other writers who prefer INFP and INTP. Never quite ready for prime time...

He went on to write several more non-fictional books. While I would agree his writing style is characteristic of an intp, I resent the belittling of his works. Three Days Before The Shooting was his most ambitious project aimed to best the heights to which Invisible Man soared. Really, it was three novels. One which is completed, sans editing errors, another that has been published previously as Juneteenth, and a third which is largely unfinished. All are remarkable texts of imagery and black existentialism.

Growing up he has been my favorite author and as I've been studying mbti I think I know why. ;)