User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Holmes is an INTP. However he is also a cokehead and the cocaine messes with the outward perception of his persona. For example his ability to be a super sensor is contrary to most INTPs who are mostly oblivious to much of their environment but the stimulants turn this around. The Ti/Ne suddenly takes in massive doses of sensory information acutely, like a fresh vein, and processes it to the point of appearing godlike in his observation ability. Prolly prefers his violin playing coked out better too.

Naturally the negative effects of the coke although not emphasizes as much in the stories also distort his personality.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    For example the observation thing he does is very presumptuous. How someone can not only tell one type of soot from another but also insist that they picked it up in one specific circumstance is pure fantasy.
    I think Ne explains this nicely. If he has a supercharged tertiary Si, he stores massive amounts of data upon observation. This data is then processed into Ne's speculative jurisdiction, wherein the data is explored and possibilities and inferences are considered. The most likely of these possibilities is then sent to Ti to be structured into the most likely framework. It's like solving a Sudoku without writing in all the tiny possibilities - it takes a fictional amount of cognitive strength to do so.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Holmes is an INTP. However he is also a cokehead and the cocaine messes with the outward perception of his persona. For example his ability to be a super sensor is contrary to most INTPs who are mostly oblivious to much of their environment but the stimulants turn this around. The Ti/Ne suddenly takes in massive doses of sensory information acutely, like a fresh vein, and processes it to the point of appearing godlike in his observation ability. Prolly prefers his violin playing coked out better too.

Naturally the negative effects of the coke although not emphasizes as much in the stories also distort his personality.
    Sweet twist with the coke<3 (haven't seen it yet, but now I know I gotta)

I wondered how they'd get away with letting an INTP inhabit the role of someone I always assumed to be a deep sensor. So that is how. Clever.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Just to underline..

"INTPs quickly see inconsistencies and illogicality and enjoy taking apart and reworking ideas.... bring great energy, intensity and focus to researching or analysing a complex problem that arouses their curiosity."

INTP, end of.

Edit - Oh and this is based on the many TV series and the books. I have a morbid but unfulfilled curiosity about the new film.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The problem with Holmes is he is very observational, which seems to indicate a Sensor.

The character of House got around this by having him rarely observe things himself (often not even meeting a patient). People always brought him the clues.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Here's a question...what type do you think he is based on the great Jeremy Brett's TV portrayal? I'm not sure myself...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING