MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What an ironic response.
    What goes on in this forum IS typing personas, and you know it.

That's exactly why I said I don't know Stevie personally, nor do you.
    To type someone based upon their lyrics is not exactly professional,
    and how you interpret Stevie, and his music, is filtered through your own subjective lens.
    Mine too!

You know what my real issue is here, Eric.
    It's not with you personally, it's with the theory.
    No kidding!

Well, it's just an idea, and since this subforum is for speculating on what type we think real and fictional people are, and so many type him as INFJ (and they seem to do this by comparing his behavior and general message to an INFJ template), I thought it would be interesting to give this other perspective, and the real focus here is actually on the right/left brain concept, and how trauma to one side pushed him to the other, giving making him appear that type. I know none of it is absolutely certain.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I would've guessed ISFP, but who knows.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I used to know a skyscraper of a man who would sing on the streets like there was no tomorrow, a tall, overweight black fellow who constantly wrote in a book of poetry and inspire complete strangers like me. This guy was amazingly sensitive but very comfortable in public and always made out whenever life threw him a curveball. Maybe the most adaptable person I've ever known. After some time, I told him I thought he was a genius, someone like Stevie Wonder, acting so muse-like, then came to the conclusion that enfp was the best fit. That's where I stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    I would've guessed ISFP, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    There's an interesting thread idea / question:
    Are personas attached in any way to the "identity" underneath, so that any sort of connection can reasonably be made? (And what type/sort of connections could be reasonably made, if any... and of what nature are they?)

Another question would be:
    Is there any such thing as an underlying personality, or are we each merely a collection of personas that are displayed depending on who we are with?
    I'm looking at it through the Interaction Styles as well, and I don't think he's a Behind the Scenes or Get Things Going. He may seem like the latter, like in his playfulness on stage, but that's what I mean by "persona": the outward "face" you put out to the world. It's not always your true type (at least according to the "stereotypical" behaviors). I believe the more Melancholic image seen in his younger adulthood was more the real him, and what you see on stage now developed later.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFJ

Thank you for this thread. I am newly certified to administer the MBTI. I believe my husband's observable personality has changed following a traumatic brain injury which was followed by a mini-stroke. I do not know if his type has changed, however. His behaviour went from INFJ to ESTJ. He is aware that his core preference is NF but he uses ESTJ behaviour to control his environment now; he tries to avoid stress because he has short-term memory and cognitive issues. He certainly isn't the man I married 8 years ago, but I get glimpses of the original man every once in a while, in very low stress situations. It will be interesting to see how his outward behaviour evolves as he heals; he believes he is becoming an entirely new person. He did the assessment recently and his results were ENFJ. That is my type and I can't help but wonder if he wasn't answering in the way he thinks I would want him to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Cognitively, those types are completely incompatible. (all four functions different; in each others' "shadow").
    I guess it could be true, but then I'm not sure how that would work.
    Perhaps if the trauma is in another part of the brain? If it's on the right or left side, then you switch to the nearest "alternative" (or in Type Logic, the "supplement").

Perhaps, if the trauma is in the front or back that switches between I/E. Still don't know why those two completely unrelated types (except for both being J).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

[YOUTUBE="w-sGGEWw5Ls"]Stevie's Wonder Men[/YOUTUBE] It's about the former engineers, and it discusses the accident, and about the 22:30 area, you can really see where an Fe perspective has taken over (from what could have been an earlier Ti focus. I had downloaded an earlier rar version of this, and hadn't st down to listen to the whole thing yet, so it's a lot of interesting stuff I didn't know!)

Shame, because his talent was greater when he was more fused, then when he allowed people (whether the ones mentioned here, or other) to distract him away from that).

Type Ideas