• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wire

erikric

MBTI Type
ENFP
The whole "biting homeless guys to get funds"-scheme seems pretty N to me

R

Riva

The whole "biting homeless guys to get funds"-scheme seems pretty N to me

Lolz...

It is not N at all. In fact it is not in to any category of functions. Imagination is not reserved for N types. And that was not imaginative at all. He simply created a serial killer out of all the experiences he had regarding serial killers. Some serial predator killers deliberately or accidentally leave clues behind. In this scenario it was biting and those hand bands he left.

Ps -

Welcome to Typologycentral :).

Again I repeat, MacNulty is NOT an ENTP. He is the most obvious xSTP. I would even go as far as typing him as an introvert and call him an ISTP. But never an ENTP.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Lolz...

It is not N at all. In fact it is not in to any category of functions. Imagination is not reserved for N types. And that was not imaginative at all. He simply created a serial killer out of all the experiences he had regarding serial killers. Some serial predator killers deliberately or accidentally leave clues behind. In this scenario it was biting and those hand bands he left.

To be fair, Freamon (who is without debate an N) jumped on board with the plan immediately and was actually the one who noted that the serial killer needed a some calling cards if I remember correctly. McNulty came up with what that was specifically, but building on previous experience with murders was a good/necessary move: it meant they actually had to commit fewer 'murders' themselves. And it was a crafty way to get funding.

I agree that McNulty is probably ESTP, but that plan (which was also Freamon's, and conceived as a means to exploit a flaw in the political system from the much more limited position held by two homicide detectives) had some N to it IMO.

sheeeeeiiit

uygeJ.jpg

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm gonna take a stab at the cops.

Jimmy McNulty: ESTP
Kima: ISTP
Leander Sydnor: ISTP
Herc: ESTP
Bill Rawls: ENTJ
Cedric Daniels: IXTJ
Beadie Russell: ISFJ
Charles Marimow: ESTJ
Jay Landsman: ESFP
Lester Freamon: INTP
Stan Valchek: ESFJ

JLM

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
McNulty: ENTJ
Marlo: ISTJ
Omar: ISTP
Avon: ISFJ
Stringer: ESTJ
Mike Lee: ISFJ
Dookie: INTP
Namond: ESFP
Bodie: ISTP
Weebay: ESTP
Slim Charles: ISTJ
Snoop: ISTP
Bunk: ESFJ
Freamon: INTJ
Prop Joe: INTJ
Cheese: ESFP
Dangelo: ISFP
Herc: ESTP
Daniels: ISTJ
Chris: Ixxx

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Indeed, they mistyped Lester as well.

Thinking about it, since the objective of the chart was to have one of each type obviously, I'm not totally sure who'd be the Wire's INTP offhand.

I guess... maybe Prop Joe or Slim Charles?

R

Riva

Indeed, they mistyped Lester as well.

Isn't Lester an INTP? Or is he an INTJ? I have a hard time imagining him as an INTJ. He's a bit too laid back and unambitious to be an INTJ. 13 years in the pawning department? And for various reasons have a hard time imagining him as an ISTX too.

What type do you think he is?

Nicodemus

...good point?
I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.

I actually tend to concur with you about Lester as INTJ. It just seemed an odd thing to post.

Nicodemus

I actually tend to concur with you about Lester as INTJ. It just seemed an odd thing to post.
Oh, that was just another attempt at showing Riva how little he knows of what happens on the forum. Granted, this one was not very memorable.

R

Riva

I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP.

Have you made any posts proving his behaviour is indeed Ni-Te-Fi-Se? I would like to see it.

Not laid back? Lester is the most laid back person in the whole series.

And Nico, how on earth would you claim Lester to be an INTJ?

Staying 13 years in the pawn shop for a reason? What reason? Even if there was a reason I doubt it that an INTJ would have stayed in the same place, same designation for such a long time without seeing any foreseeable development in their career. And from where he was there was NO escape. And even when he was asked why he was removed from it and allocated to the new division his answer was - 'I guess they forgot about me'. Does that mean his plan all along was to get forgotten by the people he annoyed? That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And especially for an INTJ. Yes maybe, maybe, an INTJ would wait for 13 years patiently. But 13 years without formulating a PLAN. INTJs are shrewd puppet masters and schemers. Even more so than ENTP.

'I guess they forgot about me.'

That's what Lester said. That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And that definitely doesn't sound like something an INTJ would wait for. Wait for people to forget about them to get out of such a situation. But like I said. Maybe they would. But not a for 13 long years.

And I believe at the end of the series he had a designation which was less than than of even Herc. But of course that part is not entirely a good point.

Just curious Nico, what type do you think Cedric Daniels is? I would really love to know what you think it is.

Oh, that was just another attempt at showing Riva how little he knows of what happens on the forum. Granted, this one was not very memorable.

How dare you? I know everything that happens in the forum. :banana:

Nicodemus

Have you made any posts proving his behaviour is indeed Ni-Te-Fi-Se? I would like to see it.
I have not. But I could, as I could write a post 'proving' that your behavior is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. The point is: there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.

Not laid back? Lester is the most laid back person in the whole series.
Not too laid-back (to be an INTJ). He is level-headed. Serenity through experience.

And Nico, how on earth would you claim Lester to be an INTJ?
Just so.

Staying 13 years in the pawn shop for a reason? What reason? Even if there was a reason I doubt it that an INTJ would have stayed in the same place, same designation for such a long time without seeing any foreseeable development in their career. And from where he was there was NO escape. And even when he was asked why he was removed from it and allocated to the new division his answer was - 'I guess they forgot about me'. Does that mean his plan all along was to get forgotten by the people he annoyed? That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And especially for an INTJ. Yes maybe, maybe, an INTJ would wait for 13 years patiently. But 13 years without formulating a PLAN. INTJs are shrewd puppet masters and schemers. Even more so than ENTP.

'I guess they forgot about me.'

That's what Lester said. That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And that definitely doesn't sound like something an INTJ would wait for. Wait for people to forget about them to get out of such a situation. But like I said. Maybe they would. But not a for 13 long years.
The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again. Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.

And I believe at the end of the series he had a designation which was less than than of even Herc. But of course that part is not entirely a good point.
He willingly risked his career because the goal was worth it, and because he had something to fall back on (also a girlfriend/wife). He simply does not define himself merely as a policeman.

Just curious Nico, what type do you think Cedric Daniels is? I would really love to know what you think it is.
I think I finally settled on ESTJ.