• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wire

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My admittedly cursory search for types on The Wire yielded no results, so I'm starting it here.

McNulty- ENTJ
Bunk- ENFP
Freamon- INTJ
Prez- ISTP
Bubbles- ESFP
Stringer Bell- INTJ
Avon- ISTJ
Omar- ISxJ
Marlo- ISTJ

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
all time favorite tv show!

mcnulty - estp
bunk - esfp
freamon - intj
prez- isfp

i think omar's code seems more of an Fi thing than an SJ thing, but i'm having trouble typing him.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My favorite TV show of all time as well.

I was having a hell of a time typing Omar. To be honest, I was sure of very little. My typing skills are admittedly somewhat rudimentary. Though you may be right about McNulty's S preference now that I think about it, I can't help but feel he's J. He's definitely focused and decisive, and he clings to his personal project with Stringer literally for years. He's certainly very inflexible.

Oh, I was going to do Prop Joe. I'm leaning INTP.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not great at typing either, but i try lol

i'm pretty certain of mcnulty as an ESTP. i think he uses Se and Ti, definitely doesn't come across as an N to me, and his blatant rule-breaking and disrespect for the chain of command isn't very SJ.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
This show kicks major ass. I definitely identified with Stringer. I'm tempted to say that Omar is an ISTP. Generally, when I can't figure out if they are I/E S/N T/F or P/J, there's like a 90% chance that they are ISTP.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
One of the best shows on HBO in a while. Shame they stopped it. The next show those producers did, Generation Kill, sucked.

Omar - ISTP
Snoop - ESTP
Dukie - ISFP
Marlo - INTJ
Bubbles - ENFP
McNulty - ESTP

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought about some more than others.

D'Angelo- INFP
Cutty- ISTJ
Bunny Colvin- ENTP
Clay Davis- ISTP
Michael- ISTJ
Namond- ENFP
Frank Sobotka- ENFJ
Ziggy- ESFP
Nick- INTJ
Bodie- INTP
Wallace- ISFP
Landsman- ISTP
Daniels- INTP
Kima- ESFP
Carver- ENTJ
Herc- ESTP

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
McNulty screams ExFP to me, most likely S.
Kima ISTP prototype
Boadie ISTP
D'Angelo INFP
Avon ExFJ
Stringer ENTJ
Freamon INTJ
Prop Joe ISTJ
Omar ESTJ
Bubbles xNFJ
Snoop ESTP

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

McNulty- ENTP
Stringer- INTJ
Carver- ESTP
D'Angelo- INFJ
Avon- ESTJ
Herc- ESTP
Freamon- INTJ
Bunk- ISFP
Daniels- ENTJ
Bubbles- ENFP
Kima- ESTJ
Prez- ISTP
Bodie- ESTJ
Omar- ENTJ

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

Be gentle. These were my very first public attempts at typing. I was but a white belt.

Since then, I've graduated to yellow!

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Be gentle. These were my very first public attempts at typing. I was but a white belt.

Since then, I've graduated to yellow!
Lol, yours were fine, except INTP for Bodie :shock: and ESFP for Kima :huh:. Otherwise they were great.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

McNulty- ENTP
Stringer- INTJ
Carver- ESTP
D'Angelo- INFJ
Avon- ESTJ
Herc- ESTP
Freamon- INTJ
Bunk- ISFP
Daniels- ENTJ
Bubbles- ENFP
Kima- ESTJ
Prez- ISTP
Bodie- ESTJ
Omar- ENTJ

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.

Why do you think McNulty is an ENTP? That would be my last guess.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Actually, I'd mostly agree with him, I think. I still lean toward ENTJ for McNulty.

Also, yes, my original typing of Bodie was nuts. Now, I think I'd lean ESTx.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

McNulty's type was a great source of confusion for me. I'd say he's most certainly an extrovert and a T type, but N and S was confusing me heaps. At first I thought S and that led me to ESTP (because he's definitely not an ESTJ), but he's hardly a man of action, and he goes off on those long speeches (mainly when he's drunk though) that explain why something is important, etc.

So that led me to ENTP. ENTJ could be likely though, especially since I'm certain his enneagram is 8w9. I typed him as an ENTP back when I thought J meant organised, orderly and rule-abiding (which, as it turns out, it doesn't), so I suppose I could agree with ENTJ. (One thing that turned me off ENTJ was the fact that I'm fairly sure that Major Rowles from Season 1 is one as well, and McNulty just let him push him around even with his intense disrespect for 'the chain of command') (another argument for P)?

Fuck, I don't know. I'm just going to leave it as ENTx.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I came to McNulty as an ESFP because he is drowning in Fi. He seems to always go with what he values rather than what is good for everyone else or what is logical or reasonable. He pushes and cajoles people a lot to get what he wants - he did that every opportunity in every season. He shows little to no Fe (if we are defining Fi as values and Fe as ethics). He also seems to feel for people very deeply and wears his emotions on his sleeve. But he always goes with what is right for himself as opposed to what is right for everyone else.

He seems to exhibit more Fi than any type of T. He doesn't seem extraordinarily organized (Te) or analytical (Ti). He does things on whims, on what he feels at the time. I've also never really seen him shine in, or strive for, a leadership position.

He seems to have a lot of Se - a lot of "in the moment" awareness. He cracks cases by observation, not by speculation. He also seems to be a bit of a thrill seeker.

He just seems like a P type (but it's harder to tell with an alcoholic) and definitely an E. So I went with ESFP.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see mcnulty as estp. he knows how to get what he wants, he's just short-sighted and most of all plagued by demons. by he gets shit done.

username666

Ok I've watched all the seasons of this show and of course it is easily a classic masterpiece, a shakespeare of television.

Its interesting how this comes up here because I've literally analyzed each character while watching the show. A lot of these type judgements dont quite make sense when you've understood all the characters motives and patterns of action.

Here are the ones I am quite sure of

Bubbles- definitely ESFP.

Freamon- With no surprise, as everybody has said he was, definitely INTJ.

Herc- This guy is very ISTJ, because I notice he only keeps his interaction with those very few around him he knows and trusts. Aside from that, hes a bit introverted. He is definitely a sensor.

Beadie- definitely INFP.

Jay (supervisor of Bunk and Mcnulty)- This guy couldn't be anything other than ExTJ. He is definitely very much Te oriented.

D'Angelo- I have to say ENFJ. He has very good intuition and has deep values. Moreover he likes to teach and he is a giver, as shown in the scene where he teaches Bodie and Wallace how to play chess.

Carcetti-INTJ
Norman- ESFP

Clay Davis- This guy is a through and through ESTP. He has a very slick tongue and he is smooth, this is Se. His smarts and his knowledge on how to manipulate people for his own good is very characteristic of secondary Ti and tertiary Fe

Omar- very ESTP like as well

These guys Im not totally sure:

Bodie - definitely Ne first

Namond- deinitely Ne first

McNulty- I know this is hard to see but he could be ESFJ

Just try to watch it again knowing this. I am sure all these characters will be exactly what I mention.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why do you assume that you are the only one who has watched and/or analyzed the characters?

Kanamori

I saw McNulty as an ENTP, and Stringer as a well balanced ESTP.

Jenocyde said:
I came to McNulty as an ESFP because he is drowning in Fi. He seems to always go with what he values rather than what is good for everyone else or what is logical or reasonable. He pushes and cajoles people a lot to get what he wants - he did that every opportunity in every season. He shows little to no Fe (if we are defining Fi as values and Fe as ethics). He also seems to feel for people very deeply and wears his emotions on his sleeve. But he always goes with what is right for himself as opposed to what is right for everyone else.

I saw that as tertiary Fe, and felt that he was actually better around people than you give him credit for, he was just influencing people with Ne most of the time, as I saw it. I see Fe, as interactions and negotiation on an emotional level between people.