• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wire

R

Riva

I have not. But I could, as I could write a post 'proving' that your behavior is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. The point is: there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.

So you have made no posts proving those functions due to the reasons above. There are absolutely no attempts made by you or anyone to prove that he is INTJ.

Not too laid-back (to be an INTJ). He is level-headed. Serenity through experience.

That still doesn't explain that he is an INTJ.

The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again.

Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.

Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.

:laugh:

Good point again. Contentment is what everyone needs and same applies to INTJs irrespective of how it comes. But INTJs do tend to be a bit ambitious according to their own standards. And ambitions Lester lacked.

I think I finally settled on ESTJ.

Cedric Daniels is an ENTJ. Sadly no one in the whole thread managed to realize that. If you wish to know how I arrived at it I would explain it. But you would have to atleast spend 5 minutes supporting your INTJ claims for Lester. Lest when if I support my claims for Cedric's ENTJ typing you would simply say -

'there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.'

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.

i remember one of the other cops commenting on how much the furniture he was making was worth, i got the idea that he probably sold at least some of it.

Nicodemus

So you have made no posts proving those functions due to the reasons above. There are absolutely no attempts made by you or anyone to prove that he is INTJ.
Correct.

That still doesn't explain that he is an INTJ. [...] Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.
What I said was intended to dissolve your argument (which it did), not to make one for him being an INTJ.

But INTJs do tend to be a bit ambitious according to their own standards. And ambitions Lester lacked.
Lester had ambitions when he was younger: that is what landed him in the pawn shop. He is quite ambitious about bringing the politicians and drug lords down, too. And what he does in his private life is more or less open for speculation.

Cedric Daniels is an ENTJ. Sadly no one in the whole thread managed to realize that. If you wish to know how I arrived at it I would explain it. But you would have to atleast spend 5 minutes supporting your INTJ claims for Lester. Lest when if I support my claims for Cedric's ENTJ typing you would simply say -

'there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.'
You can, of course, tell me your reasoning for believing that Daniels is an ENTJ, but why do you think I would prefer your reasoning to my own? I doubt it makes more sense.

mypersona

MBTI Type
ENTP
McNulty- ENTP
Stringer- ENTJ
D'Angelo- ENFJ
Wallace- ENFP
Bubbles- ESFP
Michael- ISTP
Bodie- ESTJ
Omar- INFJ
Marlo- INTJ
Dukie- INTP

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.

You were right. Lester is most probably an intj.

Being lazy andnunambitious doesn't mean one is not an intj.

But you say working in the pawning department had a purpose. May i know what you think it is? It's unrelated to his type i do know.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I can't see Lester differently than as INFJ. He sees through people, he sees potential in them and guides them ( it was that way with Shardene and Prez). Sometimes he looked to me like father with bunch of kids.

Great tv show by the way.

Nicodemus

You were right. Lester is most probably an intj.

Being lazy andnunambitious doesn't mean one is not an intj.

But you say working in the pawning department had a purpose. May i know what you think it is? It's unrelated to his type i do know.
This is still my take on Lester:

The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again. Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.
Remember, he was placed in the pawn shop because he had angered the higher-ups.

93JC

Quoting posts from five years ago...

My admittedly cursory search for types on The Wire yielded no results, so I'm starting it here.

McNulty- ENTJ
Bunk- ENFP
Freamon- INTJ
Prez- ISTP
Bubbles- ESFP
Stringer Bell- INTJ
Avon- ISTJ
Omar- ISxJ
Marlo- ISTJ

all time favorite tv show!

mcnulty - estp
bunk - esfp
freamon - intj
prez- isfp

i think omar's code seems more of an Fi thing than an SJ thing, but i'm having trouble typing him.

One of the best shows on HBO in a while. Shame they stopped it. The next show those producers did, Generation Kill, sucked.

Omar - ISTP
Snoop - ESTP
Dukie - ISFP
Marlo - INTJ
Bubbles - ENFP
McNulty - ESTP

McNulty screams ExFP to me, most likely S.
Kima ISTP prototype
Boadie ISTP
D'Angelo INFP
Avon ExFJ
Stringer ENTJ
Freamon INTJ
Prop Joe ISTJ
Omar ESTJ
Bubbles xNFJ
Snoop ESTP

I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

McNulty- ENTP
Stringer- INTJ
Carver- ESTP
D'Angelo- INFJ
Avon- ESTJ
Herc- ESTP
Freamon- INTJ
Bunk- ISFP
Daniels- ENTJ
Bubbles- ENFP
Kima- ESTJ
Prez- ISTP
Bodie- ESTJ
Omar- ENTJ

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.

I couldn't help but notice something: Where's Wallace?

That's all I want to know. Where's Wallace at? Huh? Where the fuck is Wallace?!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quoting posts from five years ago...

I couldn't help but notice something: Where's Wallace?

That's all I want to know. Where's Wallace at? Huh? Where the fuck is Wallace?!

you're gonna make me cry :cry:

(ISFP)

JohnENTJ/INTJ

Stringer INTJ
McNulty ISTP
Avon ENTJ
Thomas Carcetti INTJ/ENTJ
Lt. Daniels ISTJ
Omar Little ISTP/ESTP (Not Sure)
Det. "Bunk" ENFP
Marlo INTJ
Lester Freamon INTP
D. Barksdale INFP
"Prez" INTP
Kima ESTJ
Maj. Rawls - ISTJ
Sgt. Jay ESTP
Valcheck ESTJ
Frank Sobotka ENFJ
Nick Sobotka INFJ
Ziggy Sobotka EXFP (Most Likely ESFP)
Major Howard Colvin ENFJ
Sgt. "Herc" ESTP
Carver ISFJ
Dep. Comm. Burrel ISTJ
A.S.A. Pearlmann ESTJ
Boadie ESTJ
Bubbles ESFP
Chris Partlow ISTP/INTP
Proposition Joe ENTP/ESTP
Michael ISTJ
Norman ENTP
Dookie ISFJ
Nomand ESTP
Randy ExFP
Slim Charles ISTP
snoop Fucking Awful

Last edited:

JohnENTJ/INTJ

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! They typed everyone wrong! Except Lester Freamon, and maybe D'Angelo Barksdale.
I think Herc is right too, but yeah most of those are wrong. Bodie INFP, what a joke! He's ESFx 100%. Kima is definitely ESTJ, Prez is INTP like Freamon, Stringer is INTJ, not sure about Marlo yet. Bunk is def ENxP also. Bubbles couldn't be more ESFP too

Homeboy

I think Herc is right too, but yeah most of those are wrong. Bodie INFP, what a joke! He's ESFx 100%. Kima is definitely ESTJ, Prez is INTP like Freamon, Stringer is INTJ, not sure about Marlo yet. Bunk is def ENxP also. Bubbles couldn't be more ESFP too

Bunk in my opinion is ESFP. Bubbles ESFJ.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
walts definitely intj and i'm pretty sure the other one's a gaurdian