User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thread: The Wire

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I have not. But I could, as I could write a post 'proving' that your behavior is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. The point is: there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.
    So you have made no posts proving those functions due to the reasons above. There are absolutely no attempts made by you or anyone to prove that he is INTJ.

Not too laid-back (to be an INTJ). He is level-headed. Serenity through experience.
    That still doesn't explain that he is an INTJ.

The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again.
    Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.

Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.

Good point again. Contentment is what everyone needs and same applies to INTJs irrespective of how it comes. But INTJs do tend to be a bit ambitious according to their own standards. And ambitions Lester lacked.

I think I finally settled on ESTJ.
    Cedric Daniels is an ENTJ. Sadly no one in the whole thread managed to realize that. If you wish to know how I arrived at it I would explain it. But you would have to atleast spend 5 minutes supporting your INTJ claims for Lester. Lest when if I support my claims for Cedric's ENTJ typing you would simply say -

'there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.'

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.
    i remember one of the other cops commenting on how much the furniture he was making was worth, i got the idea that he probably sold at least some of it.

So you have made no posts proving those functions due to the reasons above. There are absolutely no attempts made by you or anyone to prove that he is INTJ.
    Correct.

That still doesn't explain that he is an INTJ. [...] Well that's a good point. But doesn't prove that he is not what I claimed to be and what you claimed to be. Anyway he didn't do any of it as a source of income. Was simply a hobby as I recall.
    What I said was intended to dissolve your argument (which it did), not to make one for him being an INTJ.

But INTJs do tend to be a bit ambitious according to their own standards. And ambitions Lester lacked.
    Lester had ambitions when he was younger: that is what landed him in the pawn shop. He is quite ambitious about bringing the politicians and drug lords down, too. And what he does in his private life is more or less open for speculation.

Cedric Daniels is an ENTJ. Sadly no one in the whole thread managed to realize that. If you wish to know how I arrived at it I would explain it. But you would have to atleast spend 5 minutes supporting your INTJ claims for Lester. Lest when if I support my claims for Cedric's ENTJ typing you would simply say -

'there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.'
    You can, of course, tell me your reasoning for believing that Daniels is an ENTJ, but why do you think I would prefer your reasoning to my own? I doubt it makes more sense.

MBTI
    ENTP

McNulty- ENTP
    Stringer- ENTJ
    D'Angelo- ENFJ
    Wallace- ENFP
    Bubbles- ESFP
    Michael- ISTP
    Bodie- ESTJ
    Omar- INFJ
    Marlo- INTJ
    Dukie- INTP

I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.
    You were right. Lester is most probably an intj.

Being lazy andnunambitious doesn't mean one is not an intj.

But you say working in the pawning department had a purpose. May i know what you think it is? It's unrelated to his type i do know.

I can't see Lester differently than as INFJ. He sees through people, he sees potential in them and guides them ( it was that way with Shardene and Prez). Sometimes he looked to me like father with bunch of kids.

Great tv show by the way.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    You were right. Lester is most probably an intj.

Being lazy andnunambitious doesn't mean one is not an intj.

But you say working in the pawning department had a purpose. May i know what you think it is? It's unrelated to his type i do know.
    This is still my take on Lester:

The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again. Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.
    Remember, he was placed in the pawn shop because he had angered the higher-ups.

Quoting posts from five years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    My admittedly cursory search for types on The Wire yielded no results, so I'm starting it here.

McNulty- ENTJ
    Bunk- ENFP
    Freamon- INTJ
    Prez- ISTP
    Bubbles- ESFP
    Stringer Bell- INTJ
    Avon- ISTJ
    Omar- ISxJ
    Marlo- ISTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    all time favorite tv show!

mcnulty - estp
    bunk - esfp
    freamon - intj
    prez- isfp

i think omar's code seems more of an Fi thing than an SJ thing, but i'm having trouble typing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    One of the best shows on HBO in a while. Shame they stopped it. The next show those producers did, Generation Kill, sucked.

Omar - ISTP
    Snoop - ESTP
    Dukie - ISFP
    Marlo - INTJ
    Bubbles - ENFP
    McNulty - ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    McNulty screams ExFP to me, most likely S.
    Kima ISTP prototype
    Boadie ISTP
    D'Angelo INFP
    Avon ExFJ
    Stringer ENTJ
    Freamon INTJ
    Prop Joe ISTJ
    Omar ESTJ
    Bubbles xNFJ
    Snoop ESTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

McNulty- ENTP
    Stringer- INTJ
    Carver- ESTP
    D'Angelo- INFJ
    Avon- ESTJ
    Herc- ESTP
    Freamon- INTJ
    Bunk- ISFP
    Daniels- ENTJ
    Bubbles- ENFP
    Kima- ESTJ
    Prez- ISTP
    Bodie- ESTJ
    Omar- ENTJ

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.

I couldn't help but notice something: Where's Wallace?

That's all I want to know. Where's Wallace at? Huh? Where the fuck is Wallace?!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Quoting posts from five years ago...

I couldn't help but notice something: Where's Wallace?

That's all I want to know. Where's Wallace at? Huh? Where the fuck is Wallace?!
    you're gonna make me cry

(ISFP)

Stringer INTJ
    McNulty ISTP
    Avon ENTJ
    Thomas Carcetti INTJ/ENTJ
    Lt. Daniels ISTJ
    Omar Little ISTP/ESTP (Not Sure)
    Det. "Bunk" ENFP
    Marlo INTJ
    Lester Freamon INTP
    D. Barksdale INFP
    "Prez" INTP
    Kima ESTJ
    Maj. Rawls - ISTJ
    Sgt. Jay ESTP
    Valcheck ESTJ
    Frank Sobotka ENFJ
    Nick Sobotka INFJ
    Ziggy Sobotka EXFP (Most Likely ESFP)
    Major Howard Colvin ENFJ
    Sgt. "Herc" ESTP
    Carver ISFJ
    Dep. Comm. Burrel ISTJ
    A.S.A. Pearlmann ESTJ
    Boadie ESTJ
    Bubbles ESFP
    Chris Partlow ISTP/INTP
    Proposition Joe ENTP/ESTP
    Michael ISTJ
    Norman ENTP
    Dookie ISFJ
    Nomand ESTP
    Randy ExFP
    Slim Charles ISTP
    snoop Fucking Awful
    Last edited by JohnENTJ/INTJ; 05-19-2017 at 11:09 AM.