User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: The Wire

  1. #51
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Indeed, they mistyped Lester as well.
    Thinking about it, since the objective of the chart was to have one of each type obviously, I'm not totally sure who'd be the Wire's INTP offhand.

    I guess... maybe Prop Joe or Slim Charles?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  2. #52
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    I thought of Prez as a possible candidate.

  3. #53
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Indeed, they mistyped Lester as well.
    Isn't Lester an INTP? Or is he an INTJ? I have a hard time imagining him as an INTJ. He's a bit too laid back and unambitious to be an INTJ. 13 years in the pawning department? And for various reasons have a hard time imagining him as an ISTX too.

    What type do you think he is?

  4. #54
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Isn't Lester an INTP? Or is he an INTJ? I have a hard time imagining him as an INTJ. He's a bit too laid back and unambitious to be an INTJ. 13 years in the pawning department? And for various reasons have a hard time imagining him as an ISTX too.

    What type do you think he is?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1411591

  5. #55
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    ...good point?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  6. #56
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    ...good point?
    I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.

  7. #57
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am not sure what you want. I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP. Or we just leave it where it is.
    I actually tend to concur with you about Lester as INTJ. It just seemed an odd thing to post.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  8. #58
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I actually tend to concur with you about Lester as INTJ. It just seemed an odd thing to post.
    Oh, that was just another attempt at showing Riva how little he knows of what happens on the forum. Granted, this one was not very memorable.

  9. #59
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I could tell Riva that Lester is not too laid-back and not unambitious, that he was in the pawn shop for a reason. I could also describe Lester's behavior in NiTeFiSe-terms and then give examples of such behavior to prove my point. However, we could just as well assume that I did all that and move forward to the yes-but part in which someone presents an equally striking argument for why he is in fact an INTP.
    Have you made any posts proving his behaviour is indeed Ni-Te-Fi-Se? I would like to see it.

    Not laid back? Lester is the most laid back person in the whole series.

    And Nico, how on earth would you claim Lester to be an INTJ?

    Staying 13 years in the pawn shop for a reason? What reason? Even if there was a reason I doubt it that an INTJ would have stayed in the same place, same designation for such a long time without seeing any foreseeable development in their career. And from where he was there was NO escape. And even when he was asked why he was removed from it and allocated to the new division his answer was - 'I guess they forgot about me'. Does that mean his plan all along was to get forgotten by the people he annoyed? That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And especially for an INTJ. Yes maybe, maybe, an INTJ would wait for 13 years patiently. But 13 years without formulating a PLAN. INTJs are shrewd puppet masters and schemers. Even more so than ENTP.

    'I guess they forgot about me.'

    That's what Lester said. That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And that definitely doesn't sound like something an INTJ would wait for. Wait for people to forget about them to get out of such a situation. But like I said. Maybe they would. But not a for 13 long years.

    And I believe at the end of the series he had a designation which was less than than of even Herc. But of course that part is not entirely a good point.

    Just curious Nico, what type do you think Cedric Daniels is? I would really love to know what you think it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Oh, that was just another attempt at showing Riva how little he knows of what happens on the forum. Granted, this one was not very memorable.
    How dare you? I know everything that happens in the forum.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

  10. #60
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Have you made any posts proving his behaviour is indeed Ni-Te-Fi-Se? I would like to see it.
    I have not. But I could, as I could write a post 'proving' that your behavior is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. The point is: there is no proof and no truth, only different descriptions that make different amounts of sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Not laid back? Lester is the most laid back person in the whole series.
    Not too laid-back (to be an INTJ). He is level-headed. Serenity through experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And Nico, how on earth would you claim Lester to be an INTJ?
    Just so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Staying 13 years in the pawn shop for a reason? What reason? Even if there was a reason I doubt it that an INTJ would have stayed in the same place, same designation for such a long time without seeing any foreseeable development in their career. And from where he was there was NO escape. And even when he was asked why he was removed from it and allocated to the new division his answer was - 'I guess they forgot about me'. Does that mean his plan all along was to get forgotten by the people he annoyed? That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And especially for an INTJ. Yes maybe, maybe, an INTJ would wait for 13 years patiently. But 13 years without formulating a PLAN. INTJs are shrewd puppet masters and schemers. Even more so than ENTP.

    'I guess they forgot about me.'

    That's what Lester said. That doesn't sound like a plan at all. And that definitely doesn't sound like something an INTJ would wait for. Wait for people to forget about them to get out of such a situation. But like I said. Maybe they would. But not a for 13 long years.
    The solution to your problem is quite simple: his career had ceased to be the defining aspect of his life. During the time in the pawn shop, he focussed on other things (one of which is the production of wooden furniture). Only when he finally got the chance to achieve something as a policeman did he refocus on his career again. Not every INTJ has to rule the world to be content with his life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And I believe at the end of the series he had a designation which was less than than of even Herc. But of course that part is not entirely a good point.
    He willingly risked his career because the goal was worth it, and because he had something to fall back on (also a girlfriend/wife). He simply does not define himself merely as a policeman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Just curious Nico, what type do you think Cedric Daniels is? I would really love to know what you think it is.
    I think I finally settled on ESTJ.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. The Wire
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 07:56 AM
  2. The Wire Vs Breaking Bad
    By Riva in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 05:09 PM
  3. DAVID SIMON - Creator of the Wire
    By Blackwater in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 08:16 PM
  4. Which 'The Wire' Character Are You? Test
    By ZPowers in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
  5. The Wire MBTI.
    By Illmatic in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO