User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: The Wire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.
    Be gentle. These were my very first public attempts at typing. I was but a white belt.

Since then, I've graduated to yellow!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Be gentle. These were my very first public attempts at typing. I was but a white belt.

Since then, I've graduated to yellow!
    Lol, yours were fine, except INTP for Bodie and ESFP for Kima . Otherwise they were great.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
    I'm going to bump this as I've been watching it extensively. P.S. Some of the typings in this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

McNulty- ENTP
    Stringer- INTJ
    Carver- ESTP
    D'Angelo- INFJ
    Avon- ESTJ
    Herc- ESTP
    Freamon- INTJ
    Bunk- ISFP
    Daniels- ENTJ
    Bubbles- ENFP
    Kima- ESTJ
    Prez- ISTP
    Bodie- ESTJ
    Omar- ENTJ

Admittedly, some of mine might be equally ridiculous. Make of them what you will.
    Why do you think McNulty is an ENTP? That would be my last guess.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Actually, I'd mostly agree with him, I think. I still lean toward ENTJ for McNulty.

Also, yes, my original typing of Bodie was nuts. Now, I think I'd lean ESTx.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    McNulty's type was a great source of confusion for me. I'd say he's most certainly an extrovert and a T type, but N and S was confusing me heaps. At first I thought S and that led me to ESTP (because he's definitely not an ESTJ), but he's hardly a man of action, and he goes off on those long speeches (mainly when he's drunk though) that explain why something is important, etc.

So that led me to ENTP. ENTJ could be likely though, especially since I'm certain his enneagram is 8w9. I typed him as an ENTP back when I thought J meant organised, orderly and rule-abiding (which, as it turns out, it doesn't), so I suppose I could agree with ENTJ. (One thing that turned me off ENTJ was the fact that I'm fairly sure that Major Rowles from Season 1 is one as well, and McNulty just let him push him around even with his intense disrespect for 'the chain of command') (another argument for P)?

Fuck, I don't know. I'm just going to leave it as ENTx.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I came to McNulty as an ESFP because he is drowning in Fi. He seems to always go with what he values rather than what is good for everyone else or what is logical or reasonable. He pushes and cajoles people a lot to get what he wants - he did that every opportunity in every season. He shows little to no Fe (if we are defining Fi as values and Fe as ethics). He also seems to feel for people very deeply and wears his emotions on his sleeve. But he always goes with what is right for himself as opposed to what is right for everyone else.

He seems to exhibit more Fi than any type of T. He doesn't seem extraordinarily organized (Te) or analytical (Ti). He does things on whims, on what he feels at the time. I've also never really seen him shine in, or strive for, a leadership position.

He seems to have a lot of Se - a lot of "in the moment" awareness. He cracks cases by observation, not by speculation. He also seems to be a bit of a thrill seeker.

He just seems like a P type (but it's harder to tell with an alcoholic) and definitely an E. So I went with ESFP.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i see mcnulty as estp. he knows how to get what he wants, he's just short-sighted and most of all plagued by demons. by he gets shit done.

Ok I've watched all the seasons of this show and of course it is easily a classic masterpiece, a shakespeare of television.

Its interesting how this comes up here because I've literally analyzed each character while watching the show. A lot of these type judgements dont quite make sense when you've understood all the characters motives and patterns of action.

Here are the ones I am quite sure of

Bubbles- definitely ESFP.

Freamon- With no surprise, as everybody has said he was, definitely INTJ.

Herc- This guy is very ISTJ, because I notice he only keeps his interaction with those very few around him he knows and trusts. Aside from that, hes a bit introverted. He is definitely a sensor.

Beadie- definitely INFP.

Jay (supervisor of Bunk and Mcnulty)- This guy couldn't be anything other than ExTJ. He is definitely very much Te oriented.

D'Angelo- I have to say ENFJ. He has very good intuition and has deep values. Moreover he likes to teach and he is a giver, as shown in the scene where he teaches Bodie and Wallace how to play chess.

Carcetti-INTJ
    Norman- ESFP

Clay Davis- This guy is a through and through ESTP. He has a very slick tongue and he is smooth, this is Se. His smarts and his knowledge on how to manipulate people for his own good is very characteristic of secondary Ti and tertiary Fe

Omar- very ESTP like as well

These guys Im not totally sure:

Bodie - definitely Ne first

Namond- deinitely Ne first

McNulty- I know this is hard to see but he could be ESFJ

Just try to watch it again knowing this. I am sure all these characters will be exactly what I mention.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why do you assume that you are the only one who has watched and/or analyzed the characters?

I saw McNulty as an ENTP, and Stringer as a well balanced ESTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenocyde
    I came to McNulty as an ESFP because he is drowning in Fi. He seems to always go with what he values rather than what is good for everyone else or what is logical or reasonable. He pushes and cajoles people a lot to get what he wants - he did that every opportunity in every season. He shows little to no Fe (if we are defining Fi as values and Fe as ethics). He also seems to feel for people very deeply and wears his emotions on his sleeve. But he always goes with what is right for himself as opposed to what is right for everyone else.
    I saw that as tertiary Fe, and felt that he was actually better around people than you give him credit for, he was just influencing people with Ne most of the time, as I saw it. I see Fe, as interactions and negotiation on an emotional level between people.