• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pink

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I do think you're expecting too much from a pop singer/songwriter! =\

An example of a good N songwriter's "save the world" song is John Lennon's Imagine.

An example of a good S songwriter's "save the world" song is Michael Jackson's We Are The World.

Pink is on an entirely different level. A shallow one.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
She reminds me of an ESFP or a very troubled ENFP. But her concrete music, counter-culture mentality, and her soft gooey center seem all tormented ESFP to me.
There is no way that woman is a *T,* but she DOES need a hug, :hug:. But she probably wouldn't appreciate it.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
An example of a good N songwriter's "save the world" song is John Lennon's Imagine.

An example of a good S songwriter's "save the world" song is Michael Jackson's We Are The World.

I STILL think you're expecting too much. John Lennon and Michael Jackson are legends who will be remembered for the rest of human existence. Being a relatively "lesser" songwriter doesn't necessarily make you a shallow person! That's a judgement of a person's character rather than their personality, in my opinion- and in defense of her character, she still obviously cared enough about the issues to write a song about it.

That said, that's an awesome example of the N/S divide and I am most certainly going to use it. Thanks it advance ^^"

Lightyear

I think you are being very harsh here. Pink has written some great songs and lyrics, for example what is shallow about this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjfvv8qeHlU

Lightyear

^what song is that? it's not available in my country! :(

It's "Sober". I love the lyrics of this song and the sincere, strong emotion she is singing it with, anyone who labels her as shallow obviously hasn't listened to much of her stuff.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why do people insist on typing people on the basis of their lyrics? It's FAR too indirect a manifestation of any given type's tendencies, if it is at all, and even if there were something concrete there to find, definitive third-party interpretation is nigh on impossible.

Having briefly formed an impression of her from her behavior, I'd say she is either an ESTP or ESFP.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Aha! I was going to start this thread, but then I figured I'd see if it exists already. As a huge P!nk fan, I need to reply!

I don't see any Fe. Where de Fe?

I completely agree. She is most definitely Fi > Fe. Therefore, I don't think she could be an ESTP... I'm thinking ESFP.

So she's not deep, huh? She's certainly deeper than most people on the radio... Kesha, Lady Gaga, etc. Although in the beginning of her career, her songs were mostly what the producers told her to do. Now she works for different people and is more free to express herself in her music.

Her most recent song is really awesome and motivational, btw. :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SFP. True story.

wolfy

awsm
If it is sfp I am going with esfp. I don't know much about her, though I squatted to It's all your fault what seemed like about a thousand times for a gym lesson thing.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ESFP for Pink. I agree with others who have said I they don't see much sign of Fe.

A lot of her lyrics have to do with the underdog/outcast/misunderstood person... which gives some of her music an Fi undertone. Songs like "Dear Mr President" seem pretty darn Fi... all about questioning a perceived failure of empathy and trying to grasp how such a failure is even possible. It doesn't make any logical arguments, per se... just demands that the impact of the system on individuals be acknowledged.

Other songs like "F-ing Perfect" try to speak directly to the emotional woundedness of the listener by validated them. "Don't Let Me Get Me" also seems pretty Fi-ish. "Stupid Girls" is about girls denying their own worth and conforming to a system that demands they be pretty and vapid. Like a lot of her songs, it's fundamentally about staying true to yourself despite the pressures to conform.

I agree her tomboy/tough-girl persona isn't typical for Fi, but if you look at the content of her message it seems pretty consistent with a performer who prefers Fi.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree her tomboy/tough-girl persona isn't typical for Fi, but if you look at the content of her message it seems pretty consistent with a performer who prefers Fi.

She's my ISFP sisters doppelganger. My sis writes similar themed songs and has a similar persona.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Pink strikes me VERY MUCH as an ESTP woman.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

I completely agree. :nice:

Fi is her motivating force. That... and having fun with Se of course. :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I changed my mind after reading about her. ISTP. Second best guess, ESTP.