User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default What makes someone good at typing others? I'm unimpressed with this sub-forum

Mostly because I understand mbti, enneagram, and variants. I really don't think you can type properly without all these factors. Variants and EType being just as important as mbti. For example; an estj 3 sp/sx and a estj 8w7 soc/sp will seem drastically different. Without understanding etype and stackings in addition to mbti, you'd probably mistype that ESTJ 3 sp/sx because they're less typical of the type. I'm quite unimpressed with the typing Ive seen particularly in this sub forum. I'm not saying everyone here is terrible at typing. There may be someone whos better at it than I am. But I havnt seen it yet. People aren't even getting the temperaments correct. Not too long ago I saw someone say Lindsey Lohan was ESFP but also couldve been an INFJ. WTF? Those types are completely opposite.

Really, if you need advice on typing I'm more than willing to help. I've studied mbti and the enneagram/stackings for about 7 years now. My professor in College (ENTP) regularly does seminars on mbti and Ive attended quite a few and exchanged ideas with him. It's something I know quite well. Ive read through "Please Understand Me" and various other mbti books. I assure you I'm not one of those ppl who only skimmed over a few profiles and thought I was an expert. Ive read through everything very thoroughly (ie. I know my shit).

Personally I dont think NFs are very good at typing from what Ive seen. Their conclusions seem completely random and without reason. Take that Lindsey Lohan example I gave above as proof. Heck, I even saw someone try typing Jessica Simpson as ENTP. Again, WTF!? INT's probably suffer from not having a good enough radar to gauge others. J-types also suffer in making accurate typings due to being, well, close minded and not taking everything into consideration. I've also seen numerous occasions where people openly admit they don't know a person well, but just go on a whim and throw out a random type. Some friendly advice, dont bother typing someone if you know absolutely nothing about them.

and maybe more importantly, I use it in real life. With Ne being dominant, I easily make connections between everything and anything. Everyone reminds me of someone else. with there being only 16 types, and meeting thousands of people, it's easy to connect people to one another. Hence, if person A is a definite Type ----, and person B strikes me as being very similar to them, I already have a good groundwork for typing person B. Most likely they have something in common, weather its mbti or enneagram or stacking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

we cannot all be as brilliant as you. maybe you should teach us all your ways, as you're obviously superior to everyone else here. :rolli:

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

In addition, many people go purely off stereotypes and neglect the functions. Some dont seem to have a good enough grasp of the functions. Then there is also nurture and upbringing. Birth Order, Addictions, medications, and personality disorders, as well. You have to take into consideration why a person may seem to be like a certain type when they really aren't. For Example; someone said they thought I was ESTP instead of ENTP. My easy answer to that is it's because I was raised by SP's and have been heavily influenced by ESxP's. But also, that persons reasoning as to why they thought I was ESTP was very superficial and once again, just showed how bad people at this forum are at typing others.

I should also clarify I'm not claiming to be a God at typing. Actually far form it. I know when my typings are 100% accurate, but I also know when they are 'maybes'. My Chappelle typing for example, isnt one I claimed to be 100% right on. But when I'm not sure on someone, I will atleast get the temperament or dominant Function correct.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You studied typing for 7 years but still have the disrespect to put on a shameless terrible joke in your avatar ?

You obviously think you know alot about mankind and I am glad you finally try to test it out on them in reality. I wish you the best of luck and learning experience
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You studied typing for 7 years but still have the disrespect to put on a shameless terrible joke in your avatar ?
    What's that have to do with anything? Please try to stay on topic.

garbage

How do you get typings 100% correct when there isn't even 100% agreement on what the types and functions mean? Which grand authority double-checks your typings?

Lack of agreement can occur even when many involved do have qualifications. See also: Wikipedia. Oh, and also see most branches of science.

I'm so impressed, I can hardly contain myself.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm pretty much not going to believe someone's type until they take an official test and then have a panel of accredited MBTI administrants form a consensus on what it is.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    What's that have to do with anything? Please try to stay on topic.
    For starters, if you were entp, you'ld now: there is no topic
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    How do you get typings 100% correct when there isn't even 100% agreement on what the types and functions mean?
    When you "get it", you just do. If everyone were to have the attitude you did in that post, then typing would be meaningless and therefore you shouldn't even be here to discuss it.

Is anyone going to attempt staying on topic, or just look for ways to try undermining me? I know the gist of my post can be summarized as "Me<You" if you want to look at it that way. and some may take offense to that, but I raise a good discussion point. What makes someone good at typing others? What do you take into consideration when typing? How much do you really know about typing and how indepth have you studied it? What other methods besides mbti have you looked into?

Share and discuss.