User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    When you "get it", you just do. If everyone were to have the attitude you did in that post, then typing would be meaningless and therefore you shouldn't even be here to discuss it.
    Tho that might be the focal point: typing IS meaningless, until you give it a meaning. And the emphasis is on you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    For starters, if you were entp, you'ld now: there is no topic
    Yes there is, see post #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm pretty much not going to believe someone's type until they take an official test and then have a panel of accredited MBTI administrants form a consensus on what it is.
    Thank you for an honest on-topic reply. Though I must say, that's a horrible way of typing someone as the tests are not done very well. They can easily be manipulated. If I wanted to test as an ISFP one day and then test as an ENTJ the next day, I would have no problem getting the result I wanted to.

Also people may reply to the tests as what they WANT to be, rather than how they truly are.

For example, someone who is not very extroverted but always wanted to be the life of the party saw themself a certain way that others did not, it can cause issues in mistypings.

Stacking can also cause issues in mistyping on the E/I scale as social-lasts can easily misidentify as Introverts, even if they're extroverted.

again, that brings up what I said earlier in that you have to think of more than just mbti alone when typing someone.

garbage

When you "get it", you just do.
    This isn't a sound logical argument for your belief that you are good at typing others. Your answer is unfalsifiable and therefore, by your own logic, is meaningless and cannot be discussed.

If everyone were to have the attitude you did in that post, then typing would be meaningless and therefore you shouldn't even be here to discuss it.
    Nonsense. There are answers to my questions, such as one that Magic indirectly provided.

I thought mbti was self-report

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes there is, see post #10.
    ok. Still good luck on your quest, try some real world for a change.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

@Greed. When you really get typology, and you know you are good at it - You don't need a "grand authority to double check" your typings. That's what I meant.

@entropie. Not even sure why you bother replying. You obviously have no interest in discussing the topic. Lots of jibber jabber and no substance from you. It's just cluttering the thread. Though that's pretty much to be expected from anyone with 8,000+ posts in less than 2 years.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for an honest on-topic reply. Though I must say, that's a horrible way of typing someone as the tests are not done very well. They can easily be manipulated. If I wanted to test as an ISFP one day and then test as an ENTJ the next day, I would have no problem getting the result I wanted to.
    So in your opinion, instead of having people take tests to determine their type, should we just go ahead and check with you? I suppose you would be better at typing someone then they would be at typing themselves, yeah?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    So in your opinion, instead of having people take tests to determine their type, should we just go ahead and check with you? I suppose you would be better at typing someone then they would be at typing themselves, yeah?
    TBH, If I knew them really well, then I'd answer Yes to your question.

One of the tests I saw had a question like: "Do you like sports and physical activities".

I am sure if you answered "Yes" to that, it would've gone towards gauging your percentage for being a Sensor. If you answered "No" it would've gone towards your percentage as iNtuitive.

Ofcourse, this is foolish because I know many intuitives who enjoy sports and physical activities

There was also a question like: "Do you day dream alot?". If you answered "Yes" it wouldve gone towards your percentage as an Intuitive. If you answered "No" it wouldve gone towards your percentage of Sensor.

Again, this shows how bad the tests are because pretty much everyone day dreams, not just intuitives.

The tests often cause mistypings. Don't believe me? Check MOST people's post history here and you will find most people were mistyped at one point or another and changed typings. A lot of people come to forums saying "Hi everyone, I'm new here, I just took the test and it said I'm ISFJ(just an example)". And then a few weeks/months later you notice they changed their type in their Bio.

If I wanted to test as an ISFP one day and then test as an ENTJ the next day, I would have no problem getting the result I wanted to.
    To add onto this; I know it's true because I've done it many times.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

The more systems and factors that you consider together the more likely it is that you could fit any person into any box.

It reminds me of the bogus convulated methods that astrologers use to try and get someone to fit their arbitrary star sign.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

@entropie. Not even sure why you bother replying. You obviously have no interest in discussing the topic. Lots of jibber jabber and no substance from you. It's just cluttering the thread. Though that's pretty much to be expected from anyone with 8,000+ posts in less than 2 years.
    Well you changed the topic, first it was about your remarkable skills on typing and now its questioning typing itself.