• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Single Man

Lotr246

Lotr246

For those of you who have seen this movie......
How would you type

George?
Charly?
Kenny?
Jim?

I started a thread for this movie a while ago, and was wondering what other people thought, too, since I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen a few clips from it. I could relate to George's personality a lot..he just seems INFJ, as does Colin Firth. Charly is probably ESFx? And I can't really say on Kenny or Jim because I didn't see enough scenes with them to be able to tell.
Here's a link with a great clip: A Single Man - Movie Trailers - iTunes
What George says to Kenny in the first clip resonated with me--about having a connection with another human being...
What are your thoughts on their types?

MBTI Type
INFJ
I started a thread for this movie a while ago, and was wondering what other people thought, too, since I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen a few clips from it. I could relate to George's personality a lot..he just seems INFJ, as does Colin Firth. Charly is probably ESFx? And I can't really say on Kenny or Jim because I didn't see enough scenes with them to be able to tell.
Here's a link with a great clip: A Single Man - Movie Trailers - iTunes
What George says to Kenny in the first clip resonated with me--about having a connection with another human being...
What are your thoughts on their types?

I could also really relate to George's personality.....so I could also see him as an INFJ.....but I don't know if I tend to type people as INFJs because I can identify with them so much :cheese:..... however, I am sure that George can only be an INF-type...I think those variables are quite clear, at least as I see it..... I'd otherwise also could have imagined an INT-type, but he so clearly stresses the importance that sentiments have for him that I find that highly unlikely (saying something like "A world with no time for sentiment is not a world I would want to live in")......
I don't have good suggestions for the other characters..... I could see Charly as an ESFx...... and I tend to think of Jim as an ESP-type....but....not easy to say....I think he could well be the opposite of George, and some contrasts in their personality become really clear in the movie, I think....
But for Kenny.....I don't knooooow.....
And, besides, do you know if Colin Firth is an INFJ? This could be the reason why I like him so much, even though I often don't necessarily identify with or like the characters he plays....:)

and thanks for posting the link! great interviews...!

Lotr246

I could also really relate to George's personality.....so I could also see him as an INFJ.....but I don't know if I tend to type people as INFJs because I can identify with them so much :cheese:..... however, I am sure that George can only be an INF-type...I think those variables are quite clear, at least as I see it..... I'd otherwise also could have imagined an INT-type, but he so clearly stresses the importance that sentiments have for him that I find that highly unlikely (saying something like "A world with no time for sentiment is not a world I would want to live in")......
I don't have good suggestions for the other characters..... I could see Charly as an ESFx...... and I tend to think of Jim as an ESP-type....but....not easy to say....I think he could well be the opposite of George, and some contrasts in their personality become really clear in the movie, I think....
But for Kenny.....I don't knooooow.....
And, besides, do you know if Colin Firth is an INFJ? This could be the reason why I like him so much, even though I often don't necessarily identify with or like the characters he plays....:)

and thanks for posting the link! great interviews...!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure George is J, too, with that whole scene at the beginning of wanting to be the "perfect" George. By the way, did you see the movie? If not, there's quite a few clips on the internet that could help. Here's some of the one's I've found with links to others:
YouTube - "George and Jim Meet" - Clip from A SINGLE MAN
YouTube - A SINGLE MAN - "Dog Life"

Jim, some EF type? Maybe S..but not sure, probably P? And I agree, Kenny's lost on me.

Firth feels INFJ to me, especially after seeing his "bookshelf" and comments he posted here:Colin Firth's Books That Made A Difference - Oprah.com