i'd say istp.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

oooooh! oooooooh! I love rivers......He's def odd and a rare bird. I've thought a lot about this and read his interviews......and I don't know.

He was raised in a commune-type culture as his parents were sort-of educated hippies, I believe.

He lived a rock star lifestyle and shunned it to take up Buddhism for a while, secluding himself and living a celebate lifestyle.

In the early days of being a rock star he lived in an apt with hardly any furniture and doesn't seem to care much about his furnishings, looks, etc.

He Loves Green Day. But doesn't follow pop culture or even much other music, I don't think.

He married his long-term Japanese gf, who was a friend/pen pal of his for like 8 years prior.

He eschews romantic love.

He doesn't get along particularly well with his band.

He's extremely prolific musically.

He went to university for a while to get his degree, over several years, while he was simultaneously recording music.

He's explained that while he was able to get laid easily, he's had problems with ltr not working out, and has problems relating intimately sometimes.

Just stuff I've picked up on the fly about him.

I.....X.....F......P

Dom: Ne? or Fi?
    Aux: Fi? or Se?

My best guess, fwiw.

edit: that love part sounds T doesn't it?

IxTP?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post

He lived a rock star lifestyle and shunned it to take up Buddhism for a while, secluding himself and living a celebate lifestyle.

In the early days of being a rock star he lived in an apt with hardly any furniture and doesn't seem to care much about his furnishings, looks, etc.

He Loves Green Day. But doesn't follow pop culture or even much other music, I don't think.

He married his long-term Japanese gf, who was a friend/pen pal of his for like 8 years prior.

He eschews romantic love.

He doesn't get along particularly well with his band.

He's explained that while he was able to get laid easily, he's had problems with ltr not working out, and has problems relating intimately sometimes.
    The bolded all sounds extremely NT.

Especially the part about living in the apartment with hardly any furniture and not caring about the funishing/looks... Screams NTP to me.

So does the part about secluding himself and also having issues with ltr and relating intimately.

I'm baffled how someone (ie. you) could know so much about him and still not come to the conclusion he's NT

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    The bolded all sounds extremely NT.

Especially the part about living in the apartment with hardly any furniture and not caring about the funishing/looks... Screams NTP to me.

So does the part about secluding himself and also having issues with ltr and relating intimately.

I'm baffled how someone (ie. you) could know so much about him and still not come to the conclusion he's NT

Yeah, it does sound pretty INTP. I just have immense respect for the S, man. The N/S dichotomy always is a tough one for me, judging it in others........Yet I'm still not capitulating about Rivers just yet.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Yeah, it does sound pretty INTP. I just have immense respect for the S, man. The N/S dichotomy always is a tough one for me, judging it in others........Yet I'm still not capitulating about Rivers just yet.
    *shrug*

Usually the hardest to pick out at first... but the most obvious once you get to know someone.

Ni is sometimes hard to notice but NJs will surely say something about themselves for you to and realize they're NJ..... Ne, OTOH..I seem to pick out almost instantly in others. Probably because I have the same function.

"In the Garage" was a song that struck me as pretty NT, though I haven't heard it in awhile. He even has that weirdo NT look in his eyes too

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Likely Enneagram type 5w4...... which is pretty typical for intp's.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Certainly a 5w4, but a t would write the songs he has? No way.

thinking of you

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

^ Definitely. I dont see why not.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i've always felt like if i was a guy, i'd be like rivers, lol... so i guess he's INFP/INTP like me