User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Yeah, Jesse is a very prototypical ENFJ, and Celine is NFP, hard to say on the I/E. Her Fi is sooo obvious, and her openness could merely be due to cliquing quickly with a charming ENFJ (ah, those ENFJs! ).

    July Delpy is soooo ENFP in real life too.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  2. #12
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yeah, Jesse is a very prototypical ENFJ, and Celine is NFP, hard to say on the I/E. Her Fi is sooo obvious, and her openness could merely be due to cliquing quickly with a charming ENFJ (ah, those ENFJs! ).
    .
    Why ENFJ for Jesse and not INFJ?

    I was so smart that I watched yesterday 2nd movie before watching 1st. I figured this on the end.

    good point about her being more E because she was charmed... but what are points for INFP?
    Even if you view that behaviour because she was around guy she likes, she still looks more ENFP, maturer one, with more defined values.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Ratsimoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Why ENFJ for Jesse and not INFJ?

    I was so smart that I watched yesterday 2nd movie before watching 1st. I figured this on the end.

    good point about her being more E because she was charmed... but what are points for INFP?
    Even if you view that behaviour because she was around guy she likes, she still looks more ENFP, maturer one, with more defined values.
    True about Celine. When I looked at her in Before Sunset, I said to myself that's what I'm supposed to look like. Celine is truly a healthy mature enfp. We rarely see what a healthy, mature enfp woman in movies or tv shows. But then again, I could be wrong, she could be an example of a mature and healthy infp. But I feel like she's an enfp. I relate to her so much more than Ariel.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

    Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

    "Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

  4. #14
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    True about Celine. When I looked at her in Before Sunset, I said to myself that's what I'm supposed to look like. Celine is truly a healthy mature enfp. We rarely see what a healthy, mature enfp woman in movies or tv shows. But then again, I could be wrong, she could be an example of a mature and healthy infp. But I feel like she's an enfp. I relate to her so much more than Ariel.
    she could be neither/mix since it's only a movie.

    yeah in movies most are made to be some caricatures like poppy (happy go lucky).

  5. #15
    Senior Member Ratsimoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    she could be neither/mix since it's only a movie.

    yeah in movies most are made to be some caricatures like poppy (happy go lucky).
    So true
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

    Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

    "Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

  6. #16
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    I relate to her so much more than Ariel.
    Actually, just htinking, I relate quite a lot to Ariel's relationship with her ISTJ dad, because my mom is ISTJ.
    When I was a kid I'd go out and not come back for 24 hours, every day, I'd totally get lost somewhere and end up in different part of the city, and my mom was completely pissed haha. We had the same dynamic like ariel and her father.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Ratsimoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    Actually, just htinking, I relate quite a lot to Ariel's relationship with her ISTJ dad, because my mom is ISTJ.
    When I was a kid I'd go out and not come back for 24 hours, every day, I'd totally get lost somewhere and end up in different part of the city, and my mom was completely pissed haha. We had the same dynamic like ariel and her father.
    I could relate with Ariel when I was young. But I'm 26 now, so I don't relate with her so much, anymore. Ariel was like 16 in the Little Mermaid.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

    Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

    "Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Apparently.. Before Sunrise had an ending that I did not like, so I only watched Before Sunset.

  9. #19
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloé
    Why ENFJ for Jesse and not INFJ?

    I was so smart that I watched yesterday 2nd movie before watching 1st. I figured this on the end.

    good point about her being more E because she was charmed... but what are points for INFP?
    Even if you view that behaviour because she was around guy she likes, she still looks more ENFP, maturer one, with more defined values.
    I say ENFJ for Jesse because he does not strike me as reserved in the least. Yes, he is not obnoxiously outgoing or intense, but that can be a false stereotype. Fe-doms often are good at being appropriate to the situation. He initiates conversation with a strange, attractive woman on a train - let's poll some INFx men and see how many would do that (outside of their imagination). He's got the trademark ENFJ charm. He convinces a bartender to give him a free bottle of wine, by basically appealing to some emotional feeling he knows this guy must be familiar with, as everyone is familiar with it in some way - Fe knows this.

    His Fe is the most obvious function I see, but where Celine is random, he stops to shift his perspective, this is where you see his Ni kicking in. He's super accommodating, yet wants some definite plan - wasn't it he who suggested the 6 month idea? In Sunset, he wants to do something while they talk - go shopping, take the tourist boat ride.... This is an ENFJ kind of "spontaneity" - it's really a way of structuring their social environment. It's a way to control the backdrop, so to speak. Anyway, I could go on, but I'd need to watch it again to reference more specifics (I have seen it a gazillion times, but I'm not a big "detail" person when it comes to memory - much more a "gist" person).

    Finally, he reminds me of many ENFJ men I've known, which is not much of an argument, but it's all too uncanny for me to dismiss personally .


    Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    True about Celine. When I looked at her in Before Sunset, I said to myself that's what I'm supposed to look like. Celine is truly a healthy mature enfp. We rarely see what a healthy, mature enfp woman in movies or tv shows. But then again, I could be wrong, she could be an example of a mature and healthy infp. But I feel like she's an enfp. I relate to her so much more than Ariel.
    I think her Fi is well-developed, but so is her Ne. I don't have any problem typing her as ENFP. I agree that is she is quite mature but still deliciously Fi + Ne, so that she might be called either NFP. An INFP typing would certainly have the caveat of her being exceptionally comfortable with the Jesse character. IDK who "Ariel" is - the Disney character? I don't relate to any Disney character myself....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  10. #20
    Senior Member Ratsimoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I say ENFJ for Jesse because he does not strike me as reserved in the least. Yes, he is not obnoxiously outgoing or intense, but that can be a false stereotype. Fe-doms often are good at being appropriate to the situation. He initiates conversation with a strange, attractive woman on a train - let's poll some INFx men and see how many would do that (outside of their imagination). He's got the trademark ENFJ charm. He convinces a bartender to give him a free bottle of wine, by basically appealing to some emotional feeling he knows this guy must be familiar with, as everyone is familiar with it in some way - Fe knows this.

    His Fe is the most obvious function I see, but where Celine is random, he stops to shift his perspective, this is where you see his Ni kicking in. He's super accommodating, yet wants some definite plan - wasn't it he who suggested the 6 month idea? In Sunset, he wants to do something while they talk - go shopping, take the tourist boat ride.... This is an ENFJ kind of "spontaneity" - it's really a way of structuring their social environment. It's a way to control the backdrop, so to speak. Anyway, I could go on, but I'd need to watch it again to reference more specifics (I have seen it a gazillion times, but I'm not a big "detail" person when it comes to memory - much more a "gist" person).

    Finally, he reminds me of many ENFJ men I've known, which is not much of an argument, but it's all too uncanny for me to dismiss personally .




    I think her Fi is well-developed, but so is her Ne. I don't have any problem typing her as ENFP. I agree that is she is quite mature but still deliciously Fi + Ne, so that she might be called either NFP. An INFP typing would certainly have the caveat of her being exceptionally comfortable with the Jesse character. IDK who "Ariel" is - the Disney character? I don't relate to any Disney character myself....
    You are right she's an NFP. It would be hard to determine if she's I vs. E. Also, enfj are so Extravert that enfp could seem like an introvert. I know that from experience. Whenever I'm around my enfj friend, I become an introvert. Her enneagram type could play a part, I don't know.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

    Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

    "Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
  2. Before Sunrise/Sunset
    By Vizconde in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 01:25 AM
  3. Sunset today, Geoff finally gets to see some sunshine.
    By Geoff in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 07:08 AM
  4. Geoff's pictures : Sunset amidst prehistory and mystery
    By Geoff in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 06:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO