• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

VagrantFarce

House is an ISFJ, and I'll be DAMNED if anyone tries to disagree with me. ESPECIALLY if that disagreement manages to create an extra 22 pages.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
INTP

I'm gonna go with INTP. He definitely has a great Ne function, but his dominant function is Ti, which is why for him, logic and deductive reasoning are absolutely essential.

Unique

In older episodes he is betrayed as ENTP, in the new season he seems very INTJ

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think House was meant to be an INTJ, but since the writers are paying homage to Sherlock Holmes*, they have him pop pills and play a guitar (which is more of an ENTP activity).

* Sherlock Holmes snorted coke, and played the violin.

VagrantFarce

633507897253811270-dr-gregory-house.jpg

dr-house-house-demotivational-poster-1205181469.jpg

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do anyone of you people know what Ni is? Really, because I have no clue. =\

Season Six just reinforces why ENTP fits him best. What's really INTJ in his behavior?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm gonna go with INTP. He definitely has a great Ne function, but his dominant function is Ti, which is why for him, logic and deductive reasoning are absolutely essential.

Please provide evidence from the show or kindly shut up.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Episode 3 of Season 6 is direct evidence that House is ENTP.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Episode 3 of Season 6 is direct evidence that House is ENTP.
Every episode of House confirms the lead to be an ENTP.

I used to work under a guy who was painfully similar, from the smarting and incessant repartee to the odd blend of skylarking and authoritarianism. Even whiteboard sessions saw him reconciling group contributions with his need to compete -- and creatively eliminate -- me and my coworkers. His ace was Fe, rather than House's Ti, so used diplomacy instead of brinkmanship. Couldn't trust him any more than House, though. And he wasn't as good as the writers make House, so our group would breathe easy whenever he was away.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Going as House for Halloween this year. Hopefully, people can figure it out

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he's an ENTP.
They're all so lovable.
I'm sure I just pissed at least one off.

Why do some people seem to think this laid-back, loose man is a J?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why do some people seem to think this laid-back, loose man is a J?

I figure because many people start out with the assumption that he's INT (because he's obviously NT and it's easy to assume he's an introvert because of his reclusiveness), and he seems too decisive and action-oriented to be an INTP. That's why my first thought was INTJ anyways.

After watching more episodes and reading the thread (yes, I did actually read all of it), I agree he's an ENTP.

realmsghzx

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP
Going as House for Halloween this year. Hopefully, people can figure it out

WHOA, man. I did the exact same thing, specifically because people always say I remind them of him. Hahahaha. That's fucking crazy.

I also did it because it was last minute and an incredibly easy costume to make, hahahaha.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House

Most people seem to type him as INTP. And if you watch him for a moment, that does seem likely.

But there's some things about him that just don't match him with me, type related.

He says he's always absolutely rational, not realising absolute rationality is unexistant in the first place unless he believes he is omnipotent, which he doesn't. :p . Quite frankly, his rationality lacks rationality. He openly uses his sarcasm whatever the cause of his outbursts and does not regulate his inner thoughts. He's contradicting himself more than once. His introverted perks appear to be enforced by thought. He doesn't seem to come close to INTP rationality. Every aspect of his supposedly INTP like state are pretty much unhealthy outbursts.

Quite frankly. I think he's an unhealthy ENFP addict in pain trying to hide, and not an INTP.