• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sorry Nat for misunderstanding you! Please forgive me, I still have a hard time keep track of all the posts...maybe that's why I don't post as much as I want - I keep misunderstanding things! :doh:

It wasn't anything to worry about, Non :) I made myself misunderstood. You know how horrifying that is to an INTJ.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only reason why I think he is an J over a P is because he seems to make decisions too fast to be a P. I find, with J's, once they have decided something, they will do it. House does that. Then when new information comes in, he changes (NT) what he wants to do accordingly. I see P's as someone who would think the problem out for a long time before acting.

He doesn't seem committed to the decision, like other INTJs I know, he goes with something, but he always seems open to other explanations, he doesn't seem satisfied with the courses that are made, he seems like the ideas are still churning in his mind. Of course, he has to take credit for being right in the end, but that's with all NTs! :)

Anyways, House is messed up in many ways, that's probably why we argue about what type he is. If he was an INTJ or and INTx, I really don't want to be like him - although, if I had the same issues, I might just be...he's a bastard but I love him (or his show at least)! :wubbie:

Hey, the guy is hot--those eyes!, & I have that scary attraction to those grumpy, curmudgeonly types. (I'm married to an NT).

But yeah, pt still brags :tongue: about how he has never asked a woman out! What can I say, he's just that amazing, women just can't keeps there hands away! :hug: But I guess I tamed his heart though, or at least I like to think so! :devil:

You guys seem pretty cute together! :)

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bleh, so much for my reputation, I tell you. :doh:

Don't worry, I'm sure your ratio of curmudgeonly posts to sensitive-in-love posts reflects your true nature!!;)

Nonpareil

MBTI Type
INTJ
He doesn't seem committed to the decision, like other INTJs I know, he goes with something, but he always seems open to other explanations, he doesn't seem satisfied with the courses that are made, he seems like the ideas are still churning in his mind. Of course, he has to take credit for being right in the end, but that's with all NTs! :)

Well I think we agree that he's definately an NT, as for the P or J, well, maybe he's borderline. I think that he's open for explanations because of the NT in him. Either way, it was fun talking about House...

Hey, the guy is hot--those eyes!, & I have that scary attraction to those grumpy, curmudgeonly types. (I'm married to an NT).
I have to admit, he is attractive in his own creepy way. I think I like his great mind and his lack of regards for other's opinions. He does have great eyes but I respect those that can put up a good argument with me, although he might drive me nuts when he is right so often. And I respect those that do what they think is right, regardless of how many people who may disagree with his approach.
You guys seem pretty cute together! :)
Thank you! I think so too! :blush:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whether or not he's extroverted or introverted, isn't in the nature of the NT type to have a sense of superiority over others, thus leading them to be more misanthropic?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Posted by Substitute in the Ne thread. I read it and it made me think of House; this is what he does, or so it appears to me.

Well, one reason why ENTP's talk so much is because when an idea occurs to me from within (which might be Ni), I just HAVE to throw it out to 'the panel' (the world in general), to bounce it off things and see what it hits and what comes of it, so my Ne can then feast on the results. Then again it might not be Ni, because often it's something someone just said or something I looked at that made me suddenly think "Wow, what if...?" and again, I have to throw the thought outward, to watch it bounce like a game of pinball. Or if you like, kinda like I'm playing football, and I'm like the referee and the balls are ideas, I can just sit there and hold onto them, or I can plant it on the ground and let the teams kick it about and DO something with it. I've GOT to put it out on the line, I HAVE to see what will be made of it.

This someties causes friction for ENxP's because when we see someone else expressing an idea we assume they're doing the same thing, and start kicking it about, only belatedly realising that they just wanted to sit and hug the 'ball', or have everyone say what a nice ball it is LOL

I like to put things out into the field to test them, so to speak, to sorta plough, sow, grow and reap in super fast motion. My first instinct with anything is to throw it out and see what springs up; to bounce it and see what comes back. I think maybe Ni's first instinct is to turn it inward, mull it over within yourself and see what you can make of it.

I just basically exist in a state of constant data gathering without even knowing it or doing it consciously most of the time. If I ever make a movement or say a word, it's usually been decided on after having considered dozens of external factors in a split second that I was only barely aware that I took in, but I did take them in, completely. I kinda think that's why all the best drivers I've known have been ENxP - having to concentrate on so much at once and just react instinctively to it all at high speeds, it's kinda what we're born to do.

creativeRhino

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love the House character. If I was really sick with anything I'd like somebody like him dealing with the problem. I care more about the problem than the bedside manner thing.

I'd say he was an eNTJ.

He loves his audience (in the form of juniors to help him think/work through the tedious details and do the tests etc).

He loves to use his social envirionment as a psychological petri-dish. Gossip (real or imagined).

He gets out to fight his battles on principles he has. And sometimes just generates gossip as a psycho-social experiment.

Don't forget that his chronic pain would temper his personality - chronic pain is tiring!

N because he makes the leaps and then works backwards in diagnosis.

T because it is just the facts for him. He hates the warm and fuzzy stuff.

J because he does need "closure" - ie diagnosis and treatment plan to cure his patients/victims. He enjoys the mind games of the diagnostic process as a challenge but knows what is at stake.

heck, I've been married to 2 ENTJs - one of whom had chronic pain from sporting injuries and he really was very much like House.

House/ENTJs -need a whole raft of other types as foot-soldiers in their game. INTJs to fine tune strategy that will work. ISTJs to follow through with the tough stuff...... And finally ENFPs to mop up the public relations mess that has followed in the wake of the campaign.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House isn't an Extravert!
He hates dealing with anybody other than his own circle, and he practically hates them, too. He risks his job just to avoid giving presentations. He also spends tons of time alone, and needs it to come up with a solution. Sometimes, when he's with other people when it happens, he just suddenly tunes out the entire world. God knows that's what I do.
Just because he's adroit doesn't mean he's an Extravert.

I also disagree with the theory that he's a Five. People say that just because he's a misanthropic genius. I say he's actually an Eight.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

Psst! "Howling void of nothingness"!

I don't get it. Did I miss something? Did I miss something so obvious that I didn't need to write what I did. Ew... now I feel almost unclean. Thanks alot...

House isn't an Extravert!
He hates dealing with anybody other than his own circle, and he practically hates them, too.
Yes he is. I'm an E also and I hate dealing with people. Remember for ENTPs is people's primary functions is to serve as an audience. Especially if they applaud. Friends and foes are optional. ENTPs can be just as detached socially as INTPs, they're just louder about it and spend less time Tiing and more time Neing.

MacG's right.
He risks his job just to avoid giving presentations.
ENTPs can't? Come on now. If an ENTP thinks the presentation is stupid or a waste of time, they'll do everything they can to avoid it. An INTP will actually more likely trudge through it, unless confronted directly. ENTP will just find a way around it, which is what he does.

He also spends tons of time alone, and needs it to come up with a solution.
ENTP can't spend tons of time alone? ENTP doesn't need time alone to work on logical systems?
Sometimes, when he's with other people when it happens, he just suddenly tunes out the entire world.
Yes, classic Ne turning to Ti to check for validity.
God knows that's what I do.
Just because he's adroit doesn't mean he's an Extravert.
No, but there are plenty of other qualities about him that do.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Let me guess ... All the INTJs think House is an INTJ, all the ENTJs think he is an ENTJ, all the ENTPs think he is an ENTP and all the INTPs think he is an INTP. As an INTJ I am of course voting for INTJ.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
House M.D. type?

I'm not going to give any qualifications just yet. I wanna see what you all think first.

Also, if you don't think he's a rational, then this poll isn't for you. In fact, this entire psychological system isn't for you.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shouldn't this be in popular cuture?

Anyway, I think he's an INTJ.
I wouldn't rule-out INTP, but I really doubt it.
And he's not an Extravert...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTJ seems most similar to a house in their thinking, although I can't say why (you don't normally think of a building as having a type). Just a subjective impression.