• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
There ARE exclusive behaviors, believe it or not.
Hit me with a few... I've not heard of such certainty..
Type doesn't work by tendency. There's always an outlier right?
Type doesn't work by tendency? Tendency <> Preference???

Of course there's the whole implication argument but that can be applied to almost all lines of thinking which stray from direct correlation. However if such an argument is applied liberally then most things don't add up.

As for outliers, yes there are those who are difficult to type. Most of them are developed or underdeveloped. It'd be interesting to see if most people think house has progressed or regressed though.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I actually read through a lot of the posts and I would like to just officially change my vote to INTJ.

I don't believe that House is a very realistic character, thus making him very untypable in some aspects. But if I had to match what I believe his preferred functions are I would have to say his "best fit type" is INTJ.

It seems like House needs to find the medical answer to problems; as if his life depended on it. I think this obsessiveness with closure in his cases fits better with an INTJ (or any J type) than an ENTP, for sure.

Also, ENTPs have Tertiary Fe while INTJs have Tertiary Fi. I do not see any form of Fe about him. Plus, ENTPs are charmers. While House might be charming due to his asshole persona, I think ENTPs are supposed to be more charming by skill.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You peeps are :crazy:, INTJ my elbow!

Greg House is quintessential ENTP!

You should listen to MacGuffin more.
House is the most type-laden drama in the history of type-laden drama-type things.

Wilson = INFJ
Cameron = xNFJ
Chase =ISTJ
Forman =INTJ

Cuddy - who cares, she's just a skirt and a cleavage.

Glad that one's cleared up.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You should listen to MacGuffin more.

Oops, I just noticed this. I have to retract my proposal now. Sorry, I just... can't trust your judgment after something so egregious.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oops, I just noticed this. I have to retract my proposal now. Sorry, I just... can't trust your judgment after something so egregious.

see...now i want you:wubbie:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Denial doesn't suit you.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
House the show? JTS -- "Jumped the Shark." Back about the time the team decided he had to be made to become "more human" and get all emotionally sloppy over people. Folks, you do not, repeat not, do that to an INT. Hence, INT of some variety.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
House: ENTP
Wilson: ENFP
Chase: INFP
Forman: INTJ
Cameron: not sure

Cuddy: ENFJ or ESFJ

the little nearly bold doctor, who betrayed his wife: INTP
No. 13: INFJ or ENFJ
the badass with that indien/pakistan dialect: ENTP or ENFP
Amber: ENTJ or ENFJ

---

As far as you can type fictional characters, I think this fits. Greatest problem with House is probably that he is no healthy ENTP (if such a thing exists at all).

But he is definitly no INTJ, even if you can interpret his knack for flow charts as an indice for Te. But compared to Forman for example, I am more likely to give Forman the INTJ tag. He seems more reasoned. Forman seems to be more into detailed analysis before taking action.

As it is often said, house only wants results and often acts by trial and error.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Agreed with Entropie on House.
A 'knack for flow charts' doesn't necessarily mean Te.
It sometimes just what you have to do to get things done!

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
But he is definitly no INTJ (...)

As it is often said, house only wants results and often acts by trial and error.

Hmmm. Isn't that virtually the definition of an INTJ's attitude?

(Typelogic):

is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

I've never really heard an ENTP called "only wants results", while no INTJ I know would not take it as a badge of honor. This remains true at work, and in my personal life (although I know only a couple of ENTPs well enough to make the judgment on them.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House doesn't want results, he wants to solve the puzzle.

redacted

House - ENTP
Cameron - ENFJ
Wilson - INFJ
Foreman - INTJ
Chase - INTP

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Keep in mind that this is also House's job.
We have to look at the practical side of things too.
What else would he do with his life?
Sometimes the J way of doing things is simply more efficient than the P way.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
House doesn't want results, he wants to solve the puzzle.

that comment reminded me of something. doesn't he have a past patient that he's obsessed with because she died and he never figured out why?

clearly, the inability to heal her isn't the reason it bugs him.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never seen the show, but can someone explain to me why he's not an ENTJ?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Either answer is acceptable (because he failed - very INTJ, not very ENTP; because he couldn't solve the puzzle - More ENTP, less INTJ).

he fails all the time and just moves on to the next theory. it's why he's considered 'risky'.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
One of the things that I noticed the other day when I was watching concerned the use that he makes of his team.
He wants them to come up with ideas so he can shoot them down, like he's better at thinking of the reasons why an idea is wrong than he is at thinking what the possibilities might be.