• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ESFJ

for LULZ

INTJ through for house.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
House is written like a generic NT, so it's difficult to type him.

R

Riva

House is an INTJ.

Hmmmm... I should elaborate a bit more shouldn't I?

Lets just say he is a bit too ruthless in his execution of plans. Never hesitant and carries them to the end. And the ends justifies the means for him.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House is an INTJ.

Hmmmm... I should elaborate a bit more shouldn't I?

Lets just say he is a bit too ruthless in his execution of plans. Never hesitant and carries them to the end. And the ends justifies the means for him.

I'm not sure what he is, so I decided to look back some on this thread and just two pages back I found:

House isn't an NTJ, because he 1) doesn't seek external data to ascertain methodology (Te), and 2) doesn't introspect to find ideas (Ni). Instead, he compulsively seeks brainstorming sessions to ascertain what might be wrong with his patient (Ne), and then uses his own McGyver-like methods to get the job done. An NTJ wouldn't even dare to flout hospital policy and ethics the way House does -- the actual NTJ in the group (Foreman) is forever telling him why his ideas are reckless and how they're gonna kill the patient. Of course Foreman himself started getting reckless, but then he worked for House for years -- it was bound to rub off (Te dom and all).

No. No he doesn't. He gathers his team round and then goes, "the patient has pooped a lung. Ideas?" He needs feedback to function, to the point that when he found himself teamless, he had to bounce ideas off the janitor. His episode-ending epiphanies are likewise always triggered, without exception, by something that draws parallels to the solutions triggering his brain gears -- never independently.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx, I thought it was fixed.

redacted

I'm pretty sure House is an 8. He has a dominant presence and feels free to impose his will on anyone. When 5s have interpersonal issues, they tend to try to think their way out of it, whereas House just asserts dominance until he wins.

(and he's definitely an ENTP)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure House is an 8. He has a dominant presence and feels free to impose his will on anyone. When 5s have interpersonal issues, they tend to try to think their way out of it, whereas House just asserts dominance until he wins.

(and he's definitely an ENTP)

He is a 5 who is bossy when connected to the security point of 8. Outside of that, he is frugal and shisoid: 5.

redacted

He is a 5 who is bossy when connected to the security point of 8. Outside of that, he is frugal and shisoid: 5.

Frugal? Really? Can you give me some examples, maybe? I don't see him as frugal at all, except maybe incidentally. He drinks, gets prostitutes, makes impulsive decisions (like marrying that random immigrant), etc.

I also don't think schizoid is a term that fits him well -- he's not uninterested in feelings/experiences of others, in fact, he's just the opposite. Also, I think you're confusing spending time alone (which is really just recharging time; he spends much of his time interacting at the hospital) with him actually being a solitary person. Schizoid implies emotional aloofness and being solitary, neither of which seem to fit.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frugal? Really? Can you give me some examples, maybe? I don't see him as frugal at all, except maybe incidentally. He drinks, gets prostitutes, makes impulsive decisions (like marrying that random immigrant), etc.

I also don't think schizoid is a term that fits him well -- he's not uninterested in feelings/experiences of others, in fact, he's just the opposite. Also, I think you're confusing spending time alone (which is really just recharging time; he spends much of his time interacting at the hospital) with him actually being a solitary person. Schizoid implies emotional aloofness and being solitary, neither of which seem to fit.

House is a guy who never date, just have one friend and one of the extremely rare american male who doesn't have beer in his fridge. He hate parties and always make everything he can to restrict contact and his needs to the minimum, and to only have a contact with someone when he decide it, at a very specific moment. He compartimentalize his relationships and is not the giy who leads in charge but who send order and share expertize befor he withdrawns in his office. He is among the most loner and unsensitive character on television.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone watch the series finale last night?

I thought it was an interesting parallel with how Sherlock Holmes was supposed to end after Doyle got tired of the character.

Last edited:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Shit. SERIES finale? I need to catch up on my DVR, I have like five House episodes in there. I didn't realize it was ending. I'll avoid this thread so I don't get spoiled.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shit. SERIES finale? I need to catch up on my DVR, I have like five House episodes in there. I didn't realize it was ending. I'll avoid this thread so I don't get spoiled.

Heh, you must skip all the promos counting everything down like I do! (still couldn't help noticing them this time though)

R

Riva

It's all over boys and girls.

I loved the ending. And yes, the ending was quite similar to that of Sherlock Holmes's temporary ending.

Nicodemus

It's pretty ridiculous how many people think he is an INTJ. Don't they see that he's a clown?

A

Anew Leaf

I thought it was an interesting parallel with how Sherlock Holmes was supposed to end after Doyle got tired of the character.

I really enjoyed it myself. I sobbed at one point... ok several points. :cry:

It's pretty ridiculous how many people think he is an INTJ. Don't they see that he's a clown?

Yes, I am quite embarassed by my earlier typing. :blush:

A

Anew Leaf

Yes, I am quite embarassed by my earlier typing. :blush:

R

Riva

Dear Nico,

Don't you know that for non-INTJs, INTJs are not-so-funny, socially inept, stuck-up clowns? ;)

So in that sense, one could argue a clown could very well be an INTJ.

Not all INTJs are as I described. Some of them are dead.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Crying?? It was a happy ending! House finally did something unselfishly. Kinda.