• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I... think we were all wrong about House's type. He's not any sort of NT, he's just hyper-deductive. He's an analyst, yes, but his internal framework is entirely composed of emotion and ethical values... values such as that "everybody lies," around which he bases all his logical analyses (which are themselves driven towards confirming his own beliefs rather than coming to conclusions -- external logic supporting internal ethics, rather than the other way around). He's a clear Ne dominant, yes, he drowns himself in Ne to escape his emotions, but he's Fi/Te rather than Ti/Fe.

ENFP, 5w4 sp/sx.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I could see this to be true. In fact it does make more sense than ENTP as he does do a lot of Te-ing.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think he Te's too well though. I'd say he is (for television's sake) and INTx.

I wish to pick two answers! It won't let me. I say INTx.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he Te's too well though. I'd say he is (for television's sake) and INTx.

I wish to pick two answers! It won't let me. I say INTx.
INTx isn't a real type. It would mean he's simultaneously Ni-Te and Ti-Ne. xNTx (crossover between INTJ and ENTP) makes more sense, but I really do think he's more Ne-Te. Or rather, he's an Fi type who drowns himself in Ne and Ti-like cold logic to dull the pain, with Te-like mobilization skills. I don't see much Ni at all.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
7th season

house11__oPt.jpg

house2__oPt.jpg

R

ReflecTcelfeR

INTx isn't a real type. It would mean he's simultaneously Ni-Te and Ti-Ne. xNTx (crossover between INTJ and ENTP) makes more sense, but I really do think he's more Ne-Te. Or rather, he's an Fi type who drowns himself in Ne and Ti-like cold logic to dull the pain, with Te-like mobilization skills. I don't see much Ni at all.

I don't mean that he is simultaneously both at the same time, but that he can decide what he can use when he wishes.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He'd still have a preference.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People prefer functions out of line with their type, but it'd still result in a single type on average.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

If they prefer a different function then what is in their 'original' type then they have changed types.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Uhm.

Uhhmmm.

House is Ti. The TRUTH the TRUTH.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, most accurate is probably ENTP.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
So, what about that new girl? The really smart one? I was thinking ISFJ. Si dominant, as most of her knowledge is simply from memory and she definitely likes tradition and safety, and she seems to have strong Fe values and a need to make people happy.

Whatcha reckon?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I want Thirteen back. Actually, I also want Cameron back. This new girl is annoying.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, what about that new girl? The really smart one? I was thinking ISFJ. Si dominant, as most of her knowledge is simply from memory and she definitely likes tradition and safety, and she seems to have strong Fe values and a need to make people happy.

Whatcha reckon?
Her values don't seem Fe. I'd take her for INFP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
House M.D

Gregory House: ENTP 5w6 Sx/So
Lisa Cuddy: ESFJ 1w2 So/Sx
James Wilson: ISFJ 2w1 Sp/So

Allison Cameon: ENFJ 6w5 Sx/So
Eric Foreman: ISTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Robert Chase: ISTP 9w8 Sp/Sx

Thirteen: ISFP 4w5 Sp/Sx
Chris Taub: ENTP 6w5 So/Sp
Lawrence Kutner: ESTP 6w7 So/Sp
Amber Volakis: ESTP 8w7 Sx/So

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I want Thirteen back. Actually, I also want Cameron back. This new girl is annoying.

Everyone hated Cameron, then Thirteen came along and everyone hated her more. Now it's the new girl.

Women really got it bad.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, most of the women on there, Thirteen was the lightest of them all, are the moral compass in that show. Kinda lame.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
House is definitely ENT_, the last letter is tough - he does have the P unconventionality at times, but then seems to exude J at others. For now i'll put him at ENTP.

House: ENTP
Dr. Wilson: ISFJ
Cuddy: ISTJ
Foreman: INTJ
Chase: ISTJ
Allison Cameron: ?