• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My 2 cents, INTJ. He works in a down-to-earth field and directs several people. Granted, his aptitude for theory could indicate INTP, but I'd sooner say INTJ because it clicks in my mind more easily.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What INTJ acts like House?

Now think about ENTPs.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
cynicism is more an INTJ trait, than ENTP, so no.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cynicism is more an INTJ trait, than ENTP, so no.

That's why he's a misanthropic ENTP.

He can't be INTJ because he's not an introvert. He can't function alone. Find me an INTJ that isn't self-sufficient.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I love people. Thats all I have to say.
Even if I hate them, i would use Fe rather than cynicism.

The more you hate someone, you more nice you are to someone, thats teritary Fe.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
House has obvious Fe skills? Are you kidding me? Have you watched the show? Since when did approval-seeking seem a huge part of his character?

He seems to house his feelings inside much more than desire to partake in some Fe cuddlefest, which would point straight to him being an Fi-user.

Are you kidding me? He has NO Fi. If you put me in a room with House I would probably end up physically attacking him because he has no innate respect for other people's feelings. No moral compass. Just toys with them. It would be hot. :devil:

He does that thing where he manipulates people so they do what he considers would be best for them. Typically Fe.

And he does seek approval in his own way, I think. Why else the elaborate public performances?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
moral compass, INTJs have morality?

and who always claim to be the master of manipulation other than NTJs?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
House= crackpot INTJ.

You know a fucked-up ENTP would be like Castor Troy from Face-off, not like house.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you kidding me? He has NO Fi. If you put me in a room with House I would probably end up physically attacking him because he has no innate respect for other people's feelings. No moral compass. Just toys with them. It would be hot. :devil:

He does that thing where he manipulates people so they do what he considers would be best for them. Typically Fe.

And he does seek approval in his own way, I think. Why else the elaborate public performances?

Moral compass =/= good. It's inward and non too much externally shown as oppose to Fe. Manipulation is more systematic--Te.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love people. Thats all I have to say.
Even if I hate them, i would use Fe rather than cynicism.

The more you hate someone, you more nice you are to someone, thats teritary Fe.

that would mean something if you were the only ENTP.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Moral compass =/= good. It's inward and non too much externally shown as oppose to Fe. Manipulation is more systematic--Te.

if it were shown at all, it wouldn't be manipulation. well, not good manipulation.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
moral compass, INTJs have morality?

and who always claim to be the master of manipulation other than NTJs?

You're just taking the "evil mastermind" stereotype and are applying it to House. On a superficial level it might fit, but in reality House is no more evil than he is a mastermind.

His goal doesn't lie in Te (long-term goals, prestige, getting to run the hospital etc. etc.), it lies in Ne, Fe and especially Ti...he manipulates to amuse himself, to help people (or what he's convinced will help with his crippled Fe), and mostly to find out the truth. Most of the time those all get interwoven with each other. He's paranoid Fe incarnate: "everybody lies". And he doesn't know when to stop - classic ETP.

His actions are ethically problematic, but his primary intent isn't to hurt. He can be annoying and manipulative, rude and insensitive and downright hurtful, but he has no interest in structural damage per se. He's much like a clueless innocent kid in that way. Do you see House putting Jews on a train to Auschwitz (godwinned!)?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
[YOUTUBE="k-supp7Ow9o"]Crackpot INTJ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="fVNDjs5Xq9E"]ENTP[/YOUTUBE]

There is a difference.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
wow. i didn't realize someone had made a youtube video!

you should have started your argument with this!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
maybe house is really an ENTP, but I just don't see it.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This guy is practically a caricature of ENTP, but nonetheless, it's funny to see lost introverts trying to claim him as their hero, as one of them.

Really funny. :devil:

It's very interesting to see how much they want to look like us. Flamboyant cheater, liar, hopeless procrastinator, skilled pupeteer, gremlin-like prankster, and someone who feels absolutely no guilt about it... Maybe in their dream they crave to behave like this? Maybe it means something for them?

Anyway:

Fictional INTJ= Gil Grissom

Fictional ENTP= Gregory House

Do you notice the difference, or is it too difficult?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This guy is practically a caricature of ENTP, but nonetheless, it's funny to see lost introverts trying to claim him as their hero, as one of them.

Really funny. :devil:

It's very interesting to see how much they want to look like us. Flamboyant cheater, liar, hopeless procrastinator, skilled pupeteer, gremlin-like prankster, and someone who feels absolutely no guilt about it... Maybe in their dream they crave to behave like this? Maybe it means something for them?

Anyway:

Fictional INTJ= Gil Grissom

Fictional ENTP= Gregory House

Do you notice the difference, or is it too difficult?

He's way too endearing to be an ENTP...