First 45859394959697 Last

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I voted ESFJ

for LULZ

INTJ through for house.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

House is written like a generic NT, so it's difficult to type him.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Riva

House is an INTJ.

Hmmmm... I should elaborate a bit more shouldn't I?

Lets just say he is a bit too ruthless in his execution of plans. Never hesitant and carries them to the end. And the ends justifies the means for him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    House is an INTJ.

Hmmmm... I should elaborate a bit more shouldn't I?

Lets just say he is a bit too ruthless in his execution of plans. Never hesitant and carries them to the end. And the ends justifies the means for him.
    I'm not sure what he is, so I decided to look back some on this thread and just two pages back I found:

House isn't an NTJ, because he 1) doesn't seek external data to ascertain methodology (Te), and 2) doesn't introspect to find ideas (Ni). Instead, he compulsively seeks brainstorming sessions to ascertain what might be wrong with his patient (Ne), and then uses his own McGyver-like methods to get the job done. An NTJ wouldn't even dare to flout hospital policy and ethics the way House does -- the actual NTJ in the group (Foreman) is forever telling him why his ideas are reckless and how they're gonna kill the patient. Of course Foreman himself started getting reckless, but then he worked for House for years -- it was bound to rub off (Te dom and all).
    No. No he doesn't. He gathers his team round and then goes, "the patient has pooped a lung. Ideas?" He needs feedback to function, to the point that when he found himself teamless, he had to bounce ideas off the janitor. His episode-ending epiphanies are likewise always triggered, without exception, by something that draws parallels to the solutions triggering his brain gears -- never independently.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

A window to the soul

ENTP

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENTP 5w6 So/Sx, I thought it was fixed.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm pretty sure House is an 8. He has a dominant presence and feels free to impose his will on anyone. When 5s have interpersonal issues, they tend to try to think their way out of it, whereas House just asserts dominance until he wins.

(and he's definitely an ENTP)

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I'm pretty sure House is an 8. He has a dominant presence and feels free to impose his will on anyone. When 5s have interpersonal issues, they tend to try to think their way out of it, whereas House just asserts dominance until he wins.

(and he's definitely an ENTP)
    He is a 5 who is bossy when connected to the security point of 8. Outside of that, he is frugal and shisoid: 5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    He is a 5 who is bossy when connected to the security point of 8. Outside of that, he is frugal and shisoid: 5.
    Frugal? Really? Can you give me some examples, maybe? I don't see him as frugal at all, except maybe incidentally. He drinks, gets prostitutes, makes impulsive decisions (like marrying that random immigrant), etc.

I also don't think schizoid is a term that fits him well -- he's not uninterested in feelings/experiences of others, in fact, he's just the opposite. Also, I think you're confusing spending time alone (which is really just recharging time; he spends much of his time interacting at the hospital) with him actually being a solitary person. Schizoid implies emotional aloofness and being solitary, neither of which seem to fit.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Frugal? Really? Can you give me some examples, maybe? I don't see him as frugal at all, except maybe incidentally. He drinks, gets prostitutes, makes impulsive decisions (like marrying that random immigrant), etc.

I also don't think schizoid is a term that fits him well -- he's not uninterested in feelings/experiences of others, in fact, he's just the opposite. Also, I think you're confusing spending time alone (which is really just recharging time; he spends much of his time interacting at the hospital) with him actually being a solitary person. Schizoid implies emotional aloofness and being solitary, neither of which seem to fit.
    House is a guy who never date, just have one friend and one of the extremely rare american male who doesn't have beer in his fridge. He hate parties and always make everything he can to restrict contact and his needs to the minimum, and to only have a contact with someone when he decide it, at a very specific moment. He compartimentalize his relationships and is not the giy who leads in charge but who send order and share expertize befor he withdrawns in his office. He is among the most loner and unsensitive character on television.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%