First 42829091929394102 Last

All Natural! All Good!

How would you guys type Masters?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    ISFJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Gregory House: ENTP 5w6 Sx/So
    1w2 > 4w3 > cp6w7 sp/sx. I'd originally thought 5w4, but House isn't really a withdrawing type (a decent argument for 7 was made based on that on another forum, but he so isn't a 7 either).

In any case, 5w6 isn't too bad. House as anything other than so-last however is staggeringly dumb. House explicitly rejects social order and social mores as collective hypocrisy.

Lisa Cuddy: ESFJ 1w2 So/Sx
    ENTJ 3w2 so/sp (next-best guess would be ENFJ). The mere act of hiring House points to an unorthodox mode of operation, open to alternatives. Si by very definition relies on procedures by the book. She's likewise very image-focused, always referring to herself by her title and puffing out ofr it (as administrator of this hospital blah blah blah...); she seems to strongly identify with it. As for stacking, so/sx isn't too bad, but she does seem to put covering her ass before House, even though she loves him.

James Wilson: ISFJ 2w1 Sp/So
    ENFJ 2w1 sx/so (next-best guess, INFJ). He's concerned primarily with getting close to his loved ones and then with caring for the whole world, and seems to always be a step ahead of House, always predicting what he's gonna do next.

Allison Cameron: ENFJ 6w5 Sx/So
    Cameron, on the other hand, is a Sensor (ISFJ 2w1 sx/so). She's very fixated on her memory of her dead husband, can't seem to let go. Sounds like Si to me.

Eric Foreman: ISTJ 8w9 Sp/So
    Foreman is a ridiculously reserved ENTJ. He's clearly a Rational type, and his role is always to get House to slow down and tell him exactly why what they're doing to the patient is insane, and never really seems to reach back on his training for that -- just the logic of it. He additionally shows Se stronger than inferior from his vandal teenage days, and no Fi whatsoever.

I'd type him 1 before 8, but I think he's a Prussian Six, he seems to have a personal code he clings to for support. 6w5 so/sp.

Robert Chase: ISTP 3w4 Sp/Sx
    I'd go for ISFP before ISTP, but I think he's INFP (he always seems to go "it could be this, or it could be that"). The incident with Duvalla speaks to pretty damn strong personal ethics. Enneagram-wise I'd have typed him 9, but after the Yagami incident I'm going with 1w9 instead.

Thirteen: ISFP 4w3 Sp/Sx
    ENFP. She seems clearly energized by theoretical debates, particularly those that involves matters she has a strong philosophical opinion on.

Chris Taub: ENTP 6w5 Sp/So
    Not TOO bad, but I'd go with INFJ over ENTP. I don't see the Ne.

Lawrence Kutner: ESFP 6w7 So/Sp
    ESTP 7w8 sx/so. ESFP isn't that bad a guess, but I don't see evidence of any personal ethical stances, not of any inclination to play by anyone's rules (which would be Te). Enneagram-Six is lulzy though -- if there is one thing that characterized Kutner throughout his entire run it's recklessness.

Amber Volakis: ESTP 8w7 Sx/So
    I think ESTJ, and sp/so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Masters is an ISTJ (possibly INFP) stuck on a horrible Si-Fi loop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I started to write an anwer but I gave up as soon as I saw you type House as a 1w2. I can argue with people who are at least a little decent in their typing and discuss some details about one wing or one or two dicotomy in particular, something like that. I can't remove your brain and up it piece per piece like I should do to make you correct. I don't have the time.

I will be predictable here, but basically you deserve it.

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I don't strongly object to House as a 5. My main problem with it is that Fives are fundamentally disengaged -- House isn't. My first guess for his type would actually be 6w7, but he fits disintegration into 4 far better than disintegration into 3.

sx/so is retarded as shit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

you know, i've started to wonder about house recently. i'm 100% convinced he's NTP. however, i've thought he was an ENTP, but i'm starting to wonder about INTP. there's no question that he has good Ne utilization, but his Ne seems motivated by his Ti, not vice versa. he gathers information because he seeks to clarify the world, more so than to understand it. i mean, he already believes that everything has logic behind it. and he puts Ne to the task of elucidating the hows. he believes this to the point of exhuming bodies when he doesn't get his answer, it bothers the shit out of him so much. the Ti always seems to run before the Ne. plus Ti running before Ne explains why (besides dramatic effect, of course) house has "eureka" moments that seem like Ni - it's not Ni at all, but Ti clicking the final Ne-generated puzzle piece into place. it also explains why house needs his team - he doesn't need the team for solving the puzzle. he needs the team for generating ideas. why would a Ne dom need other people to generate ideas? i need people to help me narrow down ideas. and house isn't the one throwing ideas out there; he's the one systematically shooting them down. i'm thinking that's why the top two-voted types are ENTP and INTJ. house is a Ne user but Judging dominant.

as for enneagram - i very, very easily see him as a 5, but he is pretty externally engaged for a 5. what if he were INTP 7w6? 7 manifesting in his drug usage to block out pain...

Quote Originally Posted by riso-hudson 7
    Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
    Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fulfilled

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

He's fundamentally incapable of working through ideas without getting external input, which fits Ne-dominance better than Ti. His main motivation is likewise curiosity, which is Ne. And he has a very unhelthy Fe drive to validate his own feelings, which comes out as a dogmatic view that all humans are monsters, to feel better about being an asshole himself (which I originally thought was Fi, but an Fi type wouldn't care what anyone else was like -- its emotional state is its own).

And he's most definitely not a 7. Season 2 established that while he doesn't like his physical pain he clings to his emotional misery like a drowning man to a life raft (driven by his secondary 4 fix).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

5s are extremely engaged in their personals interests. They are disengaged, in the sense that they don't want to see their energy drained by others's expectations. I thought at first he was So/Sx, but then I thought he was a bit too much intense and intrusive to be a Sx-second. But he's well 5w6 So/Sx. Like Sherlock Holmes. House confess to a patient in an episode that, while he dislike people, he wanted to be a doctor because he was inspired by a respect due to a bukaru doctor in Japan that he met when he was 14. That doctor was a marginal, not interested by groups, but respected by the group because he was able to cure patients that no other doctor could help. House wanted to be like that, he wanted to be a Totem, he is a social 5, so. Also, he has nothing 4ish, but he has big 6ish issues like the impossibility to trust the flow, the destiny etc.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

On House as a 4:

Dr. James Wilson: You don't like yourself. But you do admire yourself. It's all you've got so you cling to it. You're so afraid if you change, you'll lose what makes you special.
    [pause]
    Dr. James Wilson: Being miserable doesn't make you better than anybody else, House. It just makes you miserable.
    [Wilson and House look at each other. Wilson exits]
    I'd type him core-4, except that the idea he clings more under stress is downright hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole