User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 2565737475767785 Last

Results 741 to 750 of 1047

  1. #741
    Senior Member hokie912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    271

    Default

    ^Heh, yes, it has been said.

    Introversion vs. extraversion deals with where you draw energy, and from what we see on the show, House draws energy from being around people. His primary mode of thinking involves bouncing ideas off of people and he literally can't function without being able to do that. He likes provoking people so that he'll get a reaction out of them. He only has a few friends and spends a lot of time alone, but he also seems, well, lonely. I don't see where he prefers being alone, much less loves it. Whatever type he'd be, he's pretty messed up. I see him as an ENTP who keeps people at arm's length even though he's more energized by being with people than by being alone.

  2. #742
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    I think I figured out House's type: JERK
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  3. #743
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by developer View Post
    This has been discussed in several MBTI forums on the net. The question was always INTJ vs. INTP.

    Personally, I would go for INTP.
    INTP. What kind of ENTP has one friend? He has a complete aversion to paper work and anything remotely boring. One episode he opened his closest and kicked the stuff that poured out back into the closet.

    The chemistry on the show is just right. Dr Cameron (in love with house) is clearly an ENFJ. His best (only) friend might also be an ENFJ--House often remarks how Dr. Wilson cares people to death.

    House's apparent selfishness is a facade. At one point he was faced with having to fire one of his employees. He wanted to give each a 17% pay cut rather than fire one of them, even after Dr. Chase stabbed him in the back. (Fe and P). An INTJ might either fire Dr. Chase out of spite or pick off the weakest. Either way, the INTJ would make a choice. He takes relationships for granted not seeing the need to work at maintaining them, classic INTP.

    They even got his problem solving down. He often goes off on tangents. He will be talking or doing something and then all of a suddenly something will click and he will walk off to solve that other problem leaving whatever he was previously doing incomplete (P). He even walked out of a court room to work on a case.

    It's no coincidence they got all this right. Someone who knows their typology consulted for this show.

    The medicine is way over the top, but they have to make it interesting.

  4. #744
    Senior Member Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    INTP. What kind of ENTP has one friend? He has a complete aversion to paper work and anything remotely boring. One episode he opened his closest and kicked the stuff that poured out back into the closet.

    The chemistry on the show is just right. Dr Cameron (in love with house) is clearly an ENFJ. His best (only) friend might also be an ENFJ--House often remarks how Dr. Wilson cares people to death.

    House's apparent selfishness is a facade. At one point he was faced with having to fire one of his employees. He wanted to give each a 17% pay cut rather than fire one of them, even after Dr. Chase stabbed him in the back. (Fe and P). An INTJ might either fire Dr. Chase out of spite or pick off the weakest. Either way, the INTJ would make a choice. He takes relationships for granted not seeing the need to work at maintaining them, classic INTP.
    Again, choosing to have one friend doesn't make one an introvert. Just like having a lot of friends doesn't make someone an extravert.

    I think Wilson's a introvert.

    And actually, House choose Chase (this was before he knew Chase made a deal with Vogler). First, he opted for a pay cut, and Volger refused, saying he'll make House choose one and teach him he's the boss. He choose Chase, Vogler refused, telling him to pick one of the other two. Blah, blah, and then Cameron quit. Also, INTP and ENTP share the same functions, they're just in a different order.

  5. #745
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    INTP. What kind of ENTP has one friend? He has a complete aversion to paper work and anything remotely boring. One episode he opened his closest and kicked the stuff that poured out back into the closet.

    The chemistry on the show is just right. Dr Cameron (in love with house) is clearly an ENFJ. His best (only) friend might also be an ENFJ--House often remarks how Dr. Wilson cares people to death.

    House's apparent selfishness is a facade. At one point he was faced with having to fire one of his employees. He wanted to give each a 17% pay cut rather than fire one of them, even after Dr. Chase stabbed him in the back. (Fe and P). An INTJ might either fire Dr. Chase out of spite or pick off the weakest. Either way, the INTJ would make a choice. He takes relationships for granted not seeing the need to work at maintaining them, classic INTP.

    They even got his problem solving down. He often goes off on tangents. He will be talking or doing something and then all of a suddenly something will click and he will walk off to solve that other problem leaving whatever he was previously doing incomplete (P). He even walked out of a court room to work on a case.

    It's no coincidence they got all this right. Someone who knows their typology consulted for this show.

    The medicine is way over the top, but they have to make it interesting.
    INTP House: Gears turn in my head as I sit alone staring into space, pondering this medical mystery.

    ENTP House: I gather my team together to bounce Ideas off of and I brainstorm possible solutions to this medical mystery.

    Your only example that doesnt also apply to ENTPs(atleast the text book exaomple of an ENTP) apears to be "He has no freinds" well thats because he consceincously alienates people.

    INTP asshole/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because due to my poor social skills I dont really understand that they hurt peoples feelings.

    ENTP asshile/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because I despise the human race and I hate everyone around me.

    Plus hes got that ENTP narccassism going on, as much as he dislikes(or puts up the facade of disliking) people he genuinly needs people to think highly of him, he likes it when people say hes a genius.

    Fun Fact: he was partialy based off of Sherlock Holmes(infact when the show was originaly invisioned Wilson was supposed to be his "Watson" a bit of an irellevent not is that sherlock holmes is INTJ[Ni dom] he was perfectly happy with just one close confidant while House needs a whole team of people to bounce ideas off of.)
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  6. #746
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post
    And actually, House choose Chase (this was before he knew Chase made a deal with Vogler). First, he opted for a pay cut, and Volger refused, saying he'll make House choose one and teach him he's the boss. He choose Chase, Vogler refused, telling him to pick one of the other two.
    Only after he was forced to make a choice. At first he refused to make the choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    ENTP House: I gather my team together to bounce Ideas off of and I brainstorm possible solutions to this medical mystery.
    I am as introverted as they get. I want a team to bounce ideas off. That does not make me an extrovert. Put me in a crowd of people and before long I will need to escape and "recharge".

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Your only example that doesnt also apply to ENTPs(atleast the text book exaomple of an ENTP) apears to be "He has no freinds" well thats because he consceincously alienates people.
    That's why I think he's an INTP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    INTP asshole/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because due to my poor social skills I dont really understand that they hurt peoples feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    ENTP asshile/misanthrope: I make snarky and rude comments because I despise the human race and I hate everyone around me.
    Damaged ENTPs have massive egos and manipulate people with sweat talk. They sell you things you don't want to get their way. Damaged INTPs hurl snarky rude comments.

    Everyone has a little of each function. 100% introvert would probably mean you choose to live in a cave, live off an intravenous drip and do nothing but think.

    There is more evidence to support INTP. You could say a small fraction of ENTPs might also exhibit this behavior. That is basically curve fitting. You are trying to build your case on a few signs of non-cave man introversion. On the other hand, it is just a TV show.

  7. #747
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post

    There is more evidence to support INTP. You could say a small fraction of ENTPs might also exhibit this behavior. That is basically curve fitting. You are trying to build your case on a few signs of non-cave man introversion. On the other hand, it is just a TV show.

    The same argument could apply to your answer. You fail to realize that there is more idfference between ENTP and INTP than introversion and extroversion.
    ENTP=Ne dom Ti aux Fe ter Si inf

    INTP=Ti dom Ne aux Si ter Fe Inf.

    Just out of curiosity have you read this thread?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  8. #748
    Circus Maximus Sarcasticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Seventy-five pages of discussion on what type House is? Really?

    House: ENTP
    Cameron: INFJ
    Foreman: INTJ
    Cuddy: ESTJ
    Wilson: ENFP
    Chase: ISTP

    Seems pretty obvious to me.

    Edit: Oh and Vogler's an ENTJ. Contrast with Cuddy. He's far more Machiavellian.

  9. #749
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Seventy-five pages of discussion on what type House is? Really?

    House: ENTP
    Cameron: INFJ
    Foreman: INTJ
    Cuddy: ESTJ
    Wilson: ENFP
    Chase: ISTP

    Seems pretty obvious to me.

    Edit: Oh and Vogler's an ENTJ. Contrast with Cuddy. He's far more Machiavellian.

    Thr problem is people keep either creating new threads that are merged with this one or they keep coming to this one and not reading through it only to post the same tired arguments over and over again. LOLOLOL HOUSE IS TEH ISFJ LOLOLOL
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  10. #750
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    The same argument could apply to your answer. You fail to realize that there is more idfference between ENTP and INTP than introversion and extroversion.
    ENTP=Ne dom Ti aux Fe ter Si inf

    INTP=Ti dom Ne aux Si ter Fe Inf.
    I'm right, you're wrong! Does that make me an INTJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Just out of curiosity have you read this thread?
    Nope. I don't read threads.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO