• ENTJ

25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 567891757 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Sorry Nat for misunderstanding you! Please forgive me, I still have a hard time keep track of all the posts...maybe that's why I don't post as much as I want - I keep misunderstanding things!
    It wasn't anything to worry about, Non I made myself misunderstood. You know how horrifying that is to an INTJ.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I don't do TV.
    Too good for it, huh? :P
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Too good for it, huh? :P
    As Jen will tell you, there is very little that I'm "too good for."

I just prefer my brain candy in a different kind of wrapper, thanks.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

The only reason why I think he is an J over a P is because he seems to make decisions too fast to be a P. I find, with J's, once they have decided something, they will do it. House does that. Then when new information comes in, he changes (NT) what he wants to do accordingly. I see P's as someone who would think the problem out for a long time before acting.
    He doesn't seem committed to the decision, like other INTJs I know, he goes with something, but he always seems open to other explanations, he doesn't seem satisfied with the courses that are made, he seems like the ideas are still churning in his mind. Of course, he has to take credit for being right in the end, but that's with all NTs!

Anyways, House is messed up in many ways, that's probably why we argue about what type he is. If he was an INTJ or and INTx, I really don't want to be like him - although, if I had the same issues, I might just be...he's a bastard but I love him (or his show at least)!
    Hey, the guy is hot--those eyes!, & I have that scary attraction to those grumpy, curmudgeonly types. (I'm married to an NT).

But yeah, pt still brags about how he has never asked a woman out! What can I say, he's just that amazing, women just can't keeps there hands away! But I guess I tamed his heart though, or at least I like to think so!
    You guys seem pretty cute together!

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    Bleh, so much for my reputation, I tell you.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Bleh, so much for my reputation, I tell you.
    Don't worry, I'm sure your ratio of curmudgeonly posts to sensitive-in-love posts reflects your true nature!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    He doesn't seem committed to the decision, like other INTJs I know, he goes with something, but he always seems open to other explanations, he doesn't seem satisfied with the courses that are made, he seems like the ideas are still churning in his mind. Of course, he has to take credit for being right in the end, but that's with all NTs!
    Well I think we agree that he's definately an NT, as for the P or J, well, maybe he's borderline. I think that he's open for explanations because of the NT in him. Either way, it was fun talking about House...

Hey, the guy is hot--those eyes!, & I have that scary attraction to those grumpy, curmudgeonly types. (I'm married to an NT).
    I have to admit, he is attractive in his own creepy way. I think I like his great mind and his lack of regards for other's opinions. He does have great eyes but I respect those that can put up a good argument with me, although he might drive me nuts when he is right so often. And I respect those that do what they think is right, regardless of how many people who may disagree with his approach.
    Thank you! I think so too!
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Whether or not he's extroverted or introverted, isn't in the nature of the NT type to have a sense of superiority over others, thus leading them to be more misanthropic?

MBTI
    INTJ

Posted by Substitute in the Ne thread. I read it and it made me think of House; this is what he does, or so it appears to me.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Well, one reason why ENTP's talk so much is because when an idea occurs to me from within (which might be Ni), I just HAVE to throw it out to 'the panel' (the world in general), to bounce it off things and see what it hits and what comes of it, so my Ne can then feast on the results. Then again it might not be Ni, because often it's something someone just said or something I looked at that made me suddenly think "Wow, what if...?" and again, I have to throw the thought outward, to watch it bounce like a game of pinball. Or if you like, kinda like I'm playing football, and I'm like the referee and the balls are ideas, I can just sit there and hold onto them, or I can plant it on the ground and let the teams kick it about and DO something with it. I've GOT to put it out on the line, I HAVE to see what will be made of it.

This someties causes friction for ENxP's because when we see someone else expressing an idea we assume they're doing the same thing, and start kicking it about, only belatedly realising that they just wanted to sit and hug the 'ball', or have everyone say what a nice ball it is LOL

I like to put things out into the field to test them, so to speak, to sorta plough, sow, grow and reap in super fast motion. My first instinct with anything is to throw it out and see what springs up; to bounce it and see what comes back. I think maybe Ni's first instinct is to turn it inward, mull it over within yourself and see what you can make of it.

I just basically exist in a state of constant data gathering without even knowing it or doing it consciously most of the time. If I ever make a movement or say a word, it's usually been decided on after having considered dozens of external factors in a split second that I was only barely aware that I took in, but I did take them in, completely. I kinda think that's why all the best drivers I've known have been ENxP - having to concentrate on so much at once and just react instinctively to it all at high speeds, it's kinda what we're born to do.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love the House character. If I was really sick with anything I'd like somebody like him dealing with the problem. I care more about the problem than the bedside manner thing.

I'd say he was an eNTJ.

He loves his audience (in the form of juniors to help him think/work through the tedious details and do the tests etc).

He loves to use his social envirionment as a psychological petri-dish. Gossip (real or imagined).

He gets out to fight his battles on principles he has. And sometimes just generates gossip as a psycho-social experiment.

Don't forget that his chronic pain would temper his personality - chronic pain is tiring!

N because he makes the leaps and then works backwards in diagnosis.

T because it is just the facts for him. He hates the warm and fuzzy stuff.

J because he does need "closure" - ie diagnosis and treatment plan to cure his patients/victims. He enjoys the mind games of the diagnostic process as a challenge but knows what is at stake.

heck, I've been married to 2 ENTJs - one of whom had chronic pain from sporting injuries and he really was very much like House.

House/ENTJs -need a whole raft of other types as foot-soldiers in their game. INTJs to fine tune strategy that will work. ISTJs to follow through with the tough stuff...... And finally ENFPs to mop up the public relations mess that has followed in the wake of the campaign.