First 1959676869707179 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Right, exactly. In the case of an NFJ (it's the easiest and most likely misconstruction) one might score as highly intuitive on the test, but very low on the J section, because the questions usually are about having a clean desk or being late to appointments.

Ni working with Fe (the NFJ functions) most definitely do not drive one to clean up their desk without being told, or to be on time for appointments, unless it's for a date or to meet a friend. They're pretty reliable in that shit.

So the NFJ, might score as an NFP, which would imply Ne and Fi, even though it's incorrect measurement.

What they ought to do, is describe the functions, but put them in context, or ask type specific questions. It would be more reliable that way.

You can talk all you want about its 'approved legitimacy' or reliability or whatever. In my experience, the tests don't hold much water. Seriously... it marked me as a damn ISTP. I don't know if I've ever Se'd. I probably have.
    I mistyped myself as an INTP for a long time because of exactly that. There is no one set of "J" and "P" traits because J/P simply marks whether the main function you show off Te/Fe or Se/Ne to the world. It was when at work when my supervisor (an ENTP) poked fun at my natural tendency to "become the boss" and order people around when he wasn't there that I realized that I was showing an axillary Te to the world, and filtering information through a dominant Ni (I don't need to bounce ideas off the outside world like INTPs and ENTPs do), and I thus am an INTJ.

IMO the tests are good when it comes to F/T and S/N, they suck at the other 2.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

He is probably an ENTP. He can't function without his team brainstorming ideas. Those sessions are the core of his process and they are the epitome of Ne dominance over Ti. I think he needs people so that he can be snarky and annoyed. He would be quite bored without that outlet for stirring up contention. He is quite invested in getting reactions out of people and impacting them. An extreme introvert really doesn't care so much about people's reactions. When they do, they are being less introverted.

Interestingly enough he fits the typelogic profile of the ISTP down to the last detail. I'm not certain what to make of that, but I'll throw it out there as a possibility as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I would argue that this is simply any NT seeking to be seen as a genius and competent at what they do.

Can any NTs argue that this isn't the case for them, intraverted or extraverted, J or P?
    I'm an INTJ and I defintely don't need other people to bounce ideas off of, my ideas come almost like "revelations" out of the depths of my unconscious mind. what I will do, via Te, is to try to put them into the "outside world" so I can see if they they fit objective reality or not. The XNTJ way of thinking has much in common with the "falsificationist" philosophy of science outlined by Austrian philosopher Karl Popper (who I suspect was an INTJ), throw out any crazy Ni-ispsired idea you want as long as Te tests it in the real world to see if it;s BS or not.

XNTP thinking to mee seems more "induction-based", information comes first, which is then filtered through the individual's inner "model of how things are".

Thus INTJs and INTPs have opposite Achilles's heels, the former can forget the test their wonderful Ni-based revelations against their outside world while that latter can ignore data that conflict with their Ti-based model of the world. INTJs at their worst are cranks, INTPs at their worst are dogmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Situation #1
    I am an extrovert.
    I sit alone staring into blank space absent-mindedly tapping my cane on the floor whilst thinking through a problem.

Situation #2
    I am an introvert.
    Whilst walking along I have a brilliant idea and immediately engage the next person who I speak to in a conversation about it to see how it pans out when I say it out loud.

Sorry but I reckon that situation #2 is far more in keeping with what I've observed of people.

As PT was pointing out (the most damning "evidence" IMO) House comes to conclusions. He does not discuss possibilities and argue for his point of view, he states and he corrects succinctly and precisely. House leaves little room for discussion and hands out orders not suggestions. He does enjoy an argument but not for the sake of the argument but for the sake of peering over his victim and showing that he is the superior brain.

House has a team, it seems, to feed him information. House does not do scans or take blood samples or give shots he just directs. When working on a problem House is either analysing someone's response (verbally because otherwise the viewer would get bored) or is silent and is feeding off the information being tossed about. House will then sum up what the current situation is (presumably for the viewer) and then either decides if it's clear cut or will delegate the decision and the responsibility to someone else (is that not an INTJs reaction to uncertainty given the situation?).

Now to a bit of nuance on the actor...
    This is a Brit trying to play an American. Now as all us Brits know you Yanks are a brash, loud, overly aggressive and extroverted lot. Even your introverts.() Hence perhaps there's a little artistic license?
    I was leaning towards Nocap's ENTP argument until I read this. The bolded part sounds so much like me it's hilarious!

Ok, scratch that, I'm back to thinking he's an ENTP. More precisely he is an abused, misanthropic ENTP with Asperger's Syndrome, the last of which was strongly implied at the very least in the episode a few years ago with the autistic kid and House throwing a fit over getting to keep his blood-stained carpet. His childhood explains part of his misanthropy, the conflict between his extroversion and the issues with socializing and with social norms resulting from Asperger's Syndrome explains the rest of it. Thow in his cronic pain and symptoms of depression and you've got House.

As for the other characters:

Wilson: ENFJ with dependency issues
    Cuddy: ESFJ(?)
    Foreman: ISTJ
    Cameron: INFJ
    Chase: ISTP
    13: ENFP(?)
    Kutner: no clue
    Taub: INTJ(?)
    Amber: ESTJ
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 03-31-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Merging 3 post(s)
    Autistic INFP

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post

As for the other characters:

Wilson: ENFJ with dependency issues
    Cuddy: ESFJ(?)
    Foreman: ISTJ
    Cameron: INFJ
    Chase: ISTP
    13: ENFP(?)
    Kutner: no clue
    Taub: INTJ(?)
    Amber: ESTJ
    When I've see Wilson, I've think "damn, this guy is totally the opposite of House". But he's actually near totally the opposite. They have preference for intuition in common. I think the Wilson/House relation is an INFJ/ENTP relation of supervision.

Cuddy seems to be rather affective, so ESFJ.

I've seen INTJ for Foreman, but I'm disagree because he's largely more concerned with his social role than in intellectuals issues, so an SJ rather an NT and he's very factious, he's ISTJ

Agree to type Cameron as INFJ, even if she's maybe, rather extrovert than introvert. 13 could effectively be ENFP. Amber is the ESTJ dual of Wilson.

Kutner is the most prone doctor of the team to follow the House's method: basic ESTP/ENTP relation of cooperation. He's very extrovert, practical, risk-takers and logic so, ESTP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Default House (other characters)

Types of characters on House that aren't House? I haven't found this thread anywhere...

A list to get people started:

- Wilson:
    - Foreman:
    - Chase
    - Thirteen:
    - Cameron:
    - Cuddy:
    - Taub
    - Kutner:
    - Vogler:
    - Amber:
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

- Wilson: INFJ
    - Foreman: ISTJ
    - Chase: INTP?
    - Thirteen: INFJ
    - Cameron: ENFJ
    - Cuddy: ISFJ?
    - Taub: INTJ
    - Kutner: ISFP?
    - Vogler: ESTJ
    - Amber: ENTJ

and House: ENTP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

The only ones I'm confident on are Wilson as INFJ and Cameron as ENFJ. I would guess Chase to be an ISTP and Foreman and Taub to be INTJ. I don't really get Thirteen, but I suppose INFJ seems right. Am I the only one who gets an ENTJ read on Cuddy?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

Chase: INTP
    Cuddy: ISFJ
    Kutner: ESFP
    Amber: ETSJ (Can't recall well enough. Will check over)

Agree with the rest aside from Vogler as I can't recall him much at all. But what little I do recall generally points to ESTJ, though not to say he isn't ESTJ.

Edit:Oh, I'm beginning to wonder if Wilson is INFP, eh. Need to mull over Thirteen some more.

MBTI
    ENTP

- Wilson: ISFP
    - Chase: INTP (gets the most kicks out of Houses jokes and is very creative.)
    - Thirteen: INTJ
    - Cameron: eSFJ
    - Cuddy:EN-J (I see T)
    - Taub: iNTj
    - Kutner: eSFP
    - Amber: ESTJ

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post

cuddy: ENFJ....definately not ENTJ, she might come across as a T because thats the only way she can deal with house himself

kutner: xSTP...though he does have some brilliant ideas that scream N, but he just doesnt seem that 'lost'