User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 1454626364656674 Last

Results 631 to 640 of 1047

  1. #631
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    House is totally an INFP, he is so empathetic,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  2. #632
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, actually, Introverted Js still put higher priority on a form of perception than they do Judgment, they just Extravert their Judgement. So I don't think you can say that IJs prefer Judgement, per se.
    You can absolutely say that IJs prefer judgment... it's literally the definition of the preference o_O

    Introverted Js would put a higher emphasis on their irrational function, in theory the same goes for extraverted Ps. It's only their attitudes that differ, which is the whole point behind having the J/P preference.

    When you say Js prefer perception, they don't even prefer it outside of the type definition of it - they prefer narrow direct solutions. They limit their perception to exactly what they want. Ps are the opposite, in that they want as much information to build as many models as possible and are flexible between them. The mentality for a linear problem solver is entirely J - one step, one solution. Each failure leads to the next step in the plan (and a success stops and dismisses the whole thing without another thought). I don't see how that fits common use or type definitions of perceiving.

  3. #633
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Logic please Gatsby.

    Does E = preferred?
    we fukin won boys

  4. #634
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Seriously, the 1 person that voted ISFP needs to leave this forum. Now.

  5. #635
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    Seriously, the 1 person that voted ISFP needs to leave this forum. Now.
    Come on.. it's pretty obvious. He's an introvert, he senses things, he has strong feelings, and he's got a lazy streak.




  6. #636
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    You can absolutely say that IJs prefer judgment... it's literally the definition of the preference o_O
    Where's this definition?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Introverted Js would put a higher emphasis on their irrational function, in theory the same goes for extraverted Ps. It's only their attitudes that differ, which is the whole point behind having the J/P preference.
    Saying "only their attitudes" sort of plays down the fact that attitude is a big deal. You just admitted that IJs put higher emphasis on their irrational function whis is.....? Ni. It's perception, because if it's irrational, it's not judgement. So how exactly do you mean that Js put higher emphasis on their Ni, and yet don't prefer it? That's not rhetorical, I'm honestly asking.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    When you say Js prefer perception, they don't even prefer it outside of the type definition of it - they prefer narrow direct solutions. They limit their perception to exactly what they want. Ps are the opposite, in that they want as much information to build as many models as possible and are flexible between them. The mentality for a linear problem solver is entirely J - one step, one solution. Each failure leads to the next step in the plan (and a success stops and dismisses the whole thing without another thought). I don't see how that fits common use or type definitions of perceiving.
    I think you're conflating some different concepts here. J does not mean narrow, and P does not mean broad. If dealing with people that primarily use perception, then we're talking about EPs and IJs. Now, it is true that EPs tend to be more expansive than IJs, but's not because one is a so-called P and the other is a so-called J. It's because one is relying Pe, and the other is relying on Pi. In this case, it is Introversion and Extraversion of the functions that determines the difference between conservative and expansive (and actually, it usually is).

    So, INTJs are rather narrow minded often times, but that doesn't mean they prefer Judgment first. It's plainly written, in everything based on the MBTI, that IJs use Pi first, and Je second. Your last letter merely determined whether or not use Extravert Perception or Judgement, not which you rely on more.
    That being said, I'm pointing out that Ni is conservative (and for the love of God, I don't mean in the political sense). It's still a sub-conscious information scan, because all perception is, but it only scans a very small, subjective scope. In effect, to make Te serve Ni, would be to narrow Te. Yes, Perception can be more narrowing than Judgement.

    So, an IJ can be rather linear, and be that way because of Ni, rather than contrary to it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #637
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I originally said INTJ. Then I actually started watching House, and it is crystal clear he's an ENTP.

    Can we stop debating this now?
    Exactly.

    The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.

  8. #638
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Exactly.

    The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.
    True. I decided to watch the show online a bit more and easily noticed the ENTPdom.

  9. #639
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Exactly.

    The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.
    Exactly!

  10. #640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Exactly.

    The majority of people typing him anything other than ENTP, most likely haven't seen that many episodes. House is practically a caricature of an ENTP.
    Probably has to be. I wanted to type him as a mixed up ENFP because of his past, but yeh, ENTP is also a good way to say ENFP minus the F.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO