• ENTP

153 37.41%
First 345671555 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    First for sure.

Maybe it is the way Hugh Laurie plays him, but I actually see him as enthusiastic(ly derisive), active, gregarious (he has fun cutting into people), and initiating (I think a lot of INTs may want to be like him, but are too introverted to initiate the type of trouble he does--caused Foreman to leave when he tried).

He certainly is not Reciveing, Contained, Intimate, or Quiet. He has his reflective moments, but just keeps on ticking.

Now that this door has been opened I can't think of him in any other way. Introvert never really did sit well with me- he's not reflective enough. His energy, although it's not exactly friendly, is very outwardly-oriented.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Maybe it is the way Hugh Laurie plays him, but I actually see him as enthusiastic(ly derisive), active, gregarious (he has fun cutting into people), and initiating (I think a lot of INTs may want to be like him, but are too introverted to initiate the type of trouble he does--caused Foreman to leave when he tried).
    ... Great, now I'm going to get dragged into breaking all of these done. I'm going to try to avoid that, but here's the short interpretation, from memory.

Enthusiastic means with energy. As in, universally with energy. Not someone who goes home and misers himself. Not someone who exists for just one thing.

Initiating means going out and talking to people. Starting conversations. Conversing just for the sake of it.

Expressive means with energy - literally, with positive energy.

... and I can't remember the other two now. Ah well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Yes, how many INTJs are that involved in the gossip and love lives of those around them?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Initiating means going out and talking to people. Starting conversations. Conversing just for the sake of it.
    Yep, that's House.

"You were bouncing ideas off the janitor!"
    -Wilson

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yep, that's House.

"You were bouncing ideas off the janitor!"
    -Wilson
    Yah, that's a conversation.

*shrug* Take the MBTI on his behalf... that's what I do when I have doubts. If he took it, I doubt he'd be any less than 75% I.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

*shrug* Take the MBTI on his behalf... that's what I do when I have doubts. If he took it, I doubt he'd be any less than 75% I.
    That's because I don't view the preferences in isolation.

I'm much more willing to accept he's a J.

Damn, look at me, arguing in favor of a damn extravert...

omnirook would never believe it.

MBTI
    ISTP

That's because I don't view the preferences in isolation.
    Eh? I'm not sure how that makes a difference. If he tests I, he tests I. If you saying that he's not a I because, regardless if he tests that way, because other traits are dominant... isn't that the same as saying his other traits are causing him to act the way he is?

Every ENTP (based on tests they took themselves) I've known has been the same way as House. My, x-boss, for example will strike-up random conversations with people for kicks (he calls it his "information sucking machine") but goes home and just works on his car, computer or some other project without caring one way or the other if he has company. As a kid, he was found disruptive because he spent too much time chatting with his fellow classmates. I can totally see House being the same way. I have another ENTP friend who is so into TV and video games, that he hardly spends anytime outside of that. But he is the most outgoing of all of my college friends by far, and the most likely to make a fool of himself on the dance floor w/o caring. I went to a high-school that had a large number of ENTPs (tested in school--special school for "special" kids). A good number of them didn't socialize much, not because they didn't like it, but simply because they had a preponderance of solitary interests (I don't think they realize they are "alone" while pursuing those interests).

I don't think he is "misering", he may just have tons of project ideas. Let's not forget the guy also seems to have some deep issues we barely know about.

Anyway, I like watching House, and am still pissed that my DVR mangled the season opener.
    Last edited by ygolo; 09-27-2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Glaringly annoying typos

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Eh? I'm not sure how that makes a difference. If he tests I, he tests I. If you saying that he's not a I because, regardless if he tests that way, because other traits are dominant... isn't that the same as saying his other traits are causing him to act the way he is?
    I think those tests look at behavior too much. Which is okay most of the time, but would really miss in a case like this.

MBTI
    INTJ

He doesn't want minions, he wants an audience.

Extravert.
    I just saw the season opener. He wants / needs an audience. He hates that he needs them, but he needs them.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.