User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 3341424344455393 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 1047

  1. #421
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Responding to Xander and Aeth.

    If you think House is INTJ you don't fully understand introversion and extraveraion.
    Its as simple as that.
    Can you direct me to the post where you explain why?

  2. #422
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Responding to Xander and Aeth.

    If you think House is INTJ you don't fully understand introversion and extraveraion.
    Its as simple as that.
    Apparently I'd misunderstood how Ne worked, and I'd therefore changed my opinion to INTP. However, that still makes my guess an introvert, but that's more based on my opinion of his function order rather than the whole introversion/extroversion thing. I stand by my earlier statement that in terms of introversion/extroversion, he's probably somewhere close to the dividing line and that my guess is he's an introvert due to the way he constantly pushes people away and likes spending time alone. I do realize that it's possible for someone to be raised in the conditions that he was raised in and as a result are suppressed extroverts, though in my opinion the reason he seems extroverted is due to his auxiliary trait being highly developped (which it is either way).

    My initial reasoning for him being INTP was that he only seems to bring out his Ne during cases (or when he's randomly analysing his staff), but not all the time, whereas he's always interested in logical analysis. After looking into it more, there seems to be furthur evidence to support it. Earlier I'd stated that he acted under a moral code (which was my case for Fi), but now I believe him to act under a code of principals which is derived from dominant Ti. Also, he becomes interested in cases due to logical discrepensies (a result of Ti), after which Ne comes into play.

    I also find it interesting that the more stressed he get, the more outwardly emotional he gets. This particularly happens when his Vicodin is taken away, though I'm not sure whether or not drug withdrawal should be considered in his functional analysis. Either way, under stress he resorts to yelling, attempting to wound others emotionally and being generally irrational, which could be seen as the result of an unhealthy Fe shadow. However, here's where my oh-so-pretty analysing breaks down, as I'm not entirely clear on what an Si-dominant shadow would look like, so I can't make that comparison.

    Anyways, here's where I've been getting most of my information if you're curious about my sources. Feel free to randomly pick apart and destroy any of my points.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  3. #423
    Junior Member RunnDMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I think he's an INTP.

    His disdain of rules and established order make him scream P to me. Plus he'll change his mind on a whim when new material arises and he's never hesitates to cut corners. The only part of him that seems J is the fact that he's stubborn but P's can be stubborn, especially arrogant ones.

    And I think his E and I are close either way. I'd lean towards I just from the simple fact that he has one friend. I can see that he's loud, and the opposite of shy but he does tend to hole himself up. Like I said I think it could really go either way but I'd lean towards I since the show always tries to make a big deal about the fact he doesn't like anyone and chooses to stay in reclusion.

  4. #424
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    He seems very INTP to me. The way he always leaves everyone hanging when he is coming to a conclusion and just darts off to go complete the puzzle within his head. He does not seem to have the smallest trace of Fi in him; I don't see how so many think he's INTJ. He is obviously an introvert.. very, very little regard for the outside world unless he is teaching them or using them in some way.

  5. #425
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    He's an extravert.

  6. #426
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I don't see how so many think he's INTJ.
    Cause he's the boss, he's always right and there's usually no point in arguing the toss with him unless you have a spare half hour and you don't mind spending it listening to how you got it wrong

    To me it's classic INTJ (I tend to type all at once, not by individual letters) because he gives the answer but also doesn't really care if you don't believe him or not. He'll argue to get the job done but if the consequence is you frowning at him... who cares?

    Oh that and he's the mirror of my INTJ mate... polarised but still a mirror.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #427
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    That doesn't explain anything, though.

    How is the INTJ "the boss"? There are many INTJs on this forum that don't give me that impression in the least. It is MUCH more INTP to not care whether or not you believe his argument, for the truth is the end.

  8. #428
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    That doesn't explain anything, though.

    How is the INTJ "the boss"? There are many INTJs on this forum that don't give me that impression in the least. It is MUCH more INTP to not care whether or not you believe his argument, for the truth is the end.
    You think?

    I've seen few INTJs argue the toss. they state the answer and are prepared to walk away. The INTP strives for truth even when it's irrelevant, inconsequential or otherwise a waste of time.

    I've always seen INTJs as more the pragmatists and Houses approach to medical "care" seems harshly "pragmatic".
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #429
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    You know what I think House is?

    ANTP!! YEA!!!!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  10. #430
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Cause he's the boss, he's always right and there's usually no point in arguing the toss with him unless you have a spare half hour and you don't mind spending it listening to how you got it wrong
    None of this points away from ENTP, nor does it point specifically toward INTJ. IF you think so, you are wrong.

    To me it's classic INTJ (I tend to type all at once, not by individual letters) because he gives the answer but also doesn't really care if you don't believe him or not. He'll argue to get the job done but if the consequence is you frowning at him... who cares?
    These are only typical NT traits. Show me an ENTP who's concerned with how people perceive him, and I'll show you an ENFP.
    Oh that and he's the mirror of my INTJ mate... polarised but still a mirror.
    MacGuffin has more than once said I resemble House, as do many of my friends.

    I'm absolutely positive I've correctly typed myself.
    we fukin won boys

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO