• ENTJ

25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 3038394041425090 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

His tendencies for lofty woman from the horizontal business probably makes him eNTp xDD Dont know how far the needs of iNTj go in that direction
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    My vote is ENTP. On the show his primary mode of thought is brainstorming, which is supposedly the domain of Ne. He does rely on his team for his thought processes and there is a social role he relies on. He seems interested in social dynamics, even though his are contrary by nature.
    right
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    xNxx

This is a fun topic to discuss! Ahhh... now I can just read and relax...

I find it extremely playful of all of you to debate on House's MBTI. First of all, he isn't a real person. Secondly, does anyone even know if the person(s) who created the character of House had a particular MBTI type in mind when developing the story/script?

Still, his character was intriguing enough for me to Google the topic and wind up on this site.

I first found out about the series through a friend (ENTJ since birth) who told me that I reminded her of House and that House reminded her of me. So I got to watching the series, and I nearly fell off my chair. By golly, my ENTJ friend was definitely right.

Watching House was like watching myself!!! While I laughed at House, I laughed at myself...

...whenever I lead problem solving discussions in a small group, steering the group with my questions and churning out one possibility after another, explaining possible connections, weaving a very complicated web of interconnected ideas, and pointing out the possibility of false leads because of unknown/undetermined factors

...whenever I write down my predictions on slips of paper, and engage the members in my problem solving group in a little game of sorts

...whenever I plan and stage a dramatic/humorous/emphatic "I told you so" in the end

...whenever I spend hours obsessing on my hunches just to find the evidence to support them, or very introvertedly figuring out the intricacies of a problem or issue in my mind, switching the many combinations of possibilities on and off in my mind, in order to finally get to the bottom of things

...whenever I speak in front of larger audiences in my extremely self-aware, observant, entertaining, partly-humorous-partly-sarcastic-poking-fun-at-you-and-myself-at-the-same-time manner, and anticipate their reactions

...whenever I launch my little mad experiments on people, waiting for them to react to my provocations, until they paint themselves into a corner, in order to test my hypotheses about what's really going on

...whenever I predict how each one in the group is going to react and I just wait for people to play themselves out, and I sit back, relax and enjoy the show

...the many times I forget people's names while I'm talking to them, talking about them with others, or talking about them in their presence; or, when I forget where I last put things, and then I ask myself, "Where did House finally find what he was looking for?", and then I look for it there and I find it

...whenever I deal with superstitious people in a very frank (sarcastically funny) manner

...whenever I crawl back into my hole in order to nurse my physical and emotional aches and pains, only to let my very best friend in my circle of trust and vulnerability

...and so many more things I find in common with House, but if I list them down, I may never get my good night's sleep, and I would sound frightfully egocentric, knowing full well that this thread isn't about me or my MBTI type (But all that being said, who's gonna be the first one to guess correctly what my core MBTI type is?)

In short, I believe that HOUSE's MBTI type is just like mine but, I don't want to reveal it just yet. That would spoil my fun.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Oh boy. How did this little number get started again?

Dom, it's the Hugh Laurie thing with him as a miserable SOB Doctor in the states.

I'm still sticking with INTJ. This whole E thing I still maintain is intrinsic to it being a TV program and not part and parcel of the character itself. Holmes had Watson for such things but House lacks that 'in' for the audience... hence he leads people through his thinking. Without that all you'd get is the answer out of him and a whole load of "nope".
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

I think there is some disagreement on Introversion and Extroversion as independent traits and Introversion and Extroversion when paired with functions. The brainstorming helps House generate possibilities, but he's usually the one to come up with the brilliant diagnosis by himself during a seemingly unrelated activity.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I'm still sticking with INTJ. This whole E thing I still maintain is intrinsic to it being a TV program and not part and parcel of the character itself. Holmes had Watson for such things but House lacks that 'in' for the audience... hence he leads people through his thinking. Without that all you'd get is the answer out of him and a whole load of "nope".
    Well, if we are just going to imagine a different character than the one shown...

*makes House empathetic*
    *makes House a woman*
    *makes House a slut*

Whoops, looks like he's a chick from Grey's Anatomy now!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    I think there is some disagreement on Introversion and Extroversion as independent traits and Introversion and Extroversion when paired with functions. The brainstorming helps House generate possibilities, but he's usually the one to come up with the brilliant diagnosis by himself during a seemingly unrelated activity.
    needs help to come up with possibilities? but makes a decision alone? ENTJ...

Though Xander has a point, there could be more talkign and brainstorming to led the audience through his thoughts and the soical think could be so the show appeals to an mostly extroverted society...

meh..

Hugh laurrie is very funny though... Ah Blackadder where are you....

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Well, if we are just going to imagine a different character than the one shown...

*makes House empathetic*
    *makes House a woman*
    *makes House a slut*

Gen's housemate has a grey's anatomy calander up in the kitchen... which character do you refer too?

It's at times like this I almost wish I watched TV...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post

*makes House empathetic*
    *makes House a woman*
    *makes House a slut*

Haha.

House is a slut though.

Also, House is empathetic, he just uses his knowledge of other people to serve his own purposes. He just doesn't use it to feel what they are feeling.

Can't make the House being a woman fly though... Sorry.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    Haha.

House is a slut though.

Also, House is empathetic, he just uses his knowledge of other people to serve his own purposes. He just doesn't use it to feel what they are feeling.

Can't make the House being a woman fly though... Sorry.
    At least not until 20-30 years from now when they redo the series in an updated, gritty fashion and restyle House as a female character, thus breathing new life into the exploration of the archetypes.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii