User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 2937383940414989 Last

Results 381 to 390 of 1047

  1. #381
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Then you haven't been paying attention.

    He requires an audience to bounce his ideas off of.

    He's recruited people on a plane, a janitor, and will constantly hunt down Wilson or Cuddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    And he's not exactly reflective.
    I disagree. It seems to me that the reason he seeks audience with Cuddy is because he requires her approval to proceed in almost every situation he's presented with. Wilson he talks to because they're friends. The other doctors he seeks an audience with because he's in charge of them, and is something of a mentor to them. But there is nothing audience-seeking about the eureka moments he has. Not to mention, when he is forced to seek audience he's derisive, offensive and not hesitant to make it obvious that he'd rather not be seeking an audience.

    I'm an extravert. I know an extravert when I see one. An extravert, House is not.


    btdubbs, Wilson = ENFJ.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  2. #382
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I disagree. It seems to me that the reason he seeks audience with Cuddy is because he requires her approval to proceed in almost every situation he's presented with. Wilson he talks to because they're friends. The other doctors he seeks an audience with because he's in charge of them, and is something of a mentor to them. But there is nothing audience-seeking about the eureka moments he has. Not to mention, when he is forced to seek audience he's derisive, offensive and not hesitant to make it obvious that he'd rather not be seeking an audience.

    I'm an extravert. I know an extravert when I see one. An extravert, House is not.
    He gets off on abusing his audience. He's lost without one.

    He's a jerk. Still an extravert.

  3. #383
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    He gets off on abusing his audience. He's lost without one.

    He's a jerk. Still an extravert.
    In the hospital, but that's only part of the larger picture. He doesn't live in the hospital, and when do we ever see him outside of the hospital in a way that is not in relation to whatever is taking place at the hospital? I'd need to see how he interacts with people independently of work in order to be convinced that he's an extravert.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  4. #384
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    In the hospital, but that's only part of the larger picture. He doesn't live in the hospital, and when do we ever see him outside of the hospital in a way that is not in relation to whatever is taking place at the hospital? I'd need to see how he interacts with people independently of work in order to be convinced that he's an extravert.
    IMO you just proved the point you're arguing against. He doesn't seem to have much of a life outside the hospital.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  5. #385
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    In the hospital, but that's only part of the larger picture. He doesn't live in the hospital, and when do we ever see him outside of the hospital in a way that is not in relation to whatever is taking place at the hospital? I'd need to see how he interacts with people independently of work in order to be convinced that he's an extravert.
    Yes, but it is how he thinks. Externally. Often on a large dry erase board. If we assume he's NT, then we're seeing a lot of Ne (ENTP) or Te (ENTJ).

    I doubt he interacts with a lot of people outside his work. He doesn't like people. He does go out to bars and racetracks.

  6. #386
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    My vote is ENTP. On the show his primary mode of thought is brainstorming, which is supposedly the domain of Ne. He does rely on his team for his thought processes and there is a social role he relies on. He seems interested in social dynamics, even though his are contrary by nature.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  7. #387
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    IMO you just proved the point you're arguing against. He doesn't seem to have much of a life outside the hospital.
    How does that make him an extravert though?
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  8. #388
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    How does that make him an extravert though?
    What kind of introvert voluntarily spends 90% of his free time brainstorming and playing social games at work?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #389
    Guerilla Urbanist Brendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What kind of introvert voluntarily spends 90% of his free time brainstorming and playing social games at work?
    The fact that the show doesn't give us a glimpse of him outside of work doesn't imply that he spends all or even 90% of his time at the hospital. His life outside of work just isn't consequential to the story.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

  10. #390
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    The fact that the show doesn't give us a glimpse of him outside of work doesn't imply that he spends all or even 90% of his time at the hospital. His life outside of work just isn't consequential to the story.
    The show has given us enough of a glimpse of him outside work to make that leap, IMO. He doesn't really know what to do with himself when he's not at work with a problem to solve.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO