25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 2634353637384686 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    PT, the difference between you and dissonance is that he doesn't define the functions by what we see in people who've tested a certain way. We use the provided definitions, and use them as 'logic gates' for determining type. Asking him if he's got any other reason than theory for something is wasteful, since they serve as the steady rules, to which type has to conform. You're clearly approaching the concept in exactly the opposite direction he and I are.

Really, what he's using isn't a theory. It's just putting names to information uptake and organization modes.

Consider:

"ti builds a logical framework in the mind"

If whatever a person is doing is NOT building a logical framework in their mind, then they're not using Ti, they're using something else.

or

'Ne find analogies between seemingly unrelated events through recognition of patterns and paralleling them"

If someone is say, wondering at the morality of an event and putting that into a bank of stored moral gates, we know they're not using Ne. It's something else.

So whether it originated in theory or not, you can tell, if someone consistently speaks in metaphors/similies saying things like "It works like a rotor in that it does..." or similarly, then they're using Ne. It doesn't necessarily speak to their preferences -- that has to be deciphered over time, but behavioral typing can be done.
    thanks

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    we were talking about thinking and feeling, not perceiving functions. the feeling functions of IxFJ and ExFJ are exactly the same. the amount of time spent in that particular function is the only thing affected by I vs. E.
    I was explaining why MBTI theory says that Exxx is considered more tactful than Ixxx.

so, sure...an IxFJ would use Fe less often than an ExFJ.
    but an IxFP would use Fi MORE often than an ExFP.
    And... this ties into what I said how? I said IxFJ < ExFJ and IxFP < ExFP because the dominant function is extroverted, meaning regardless of what function it is, they focus on the outside world. It was shown that those testing higher in E (dominant extroverted function) had more tact than those with testing higher than I (dominant introverted function)... true regardless if your dominant function is rational or irrational.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    PT, the difference between you and dissonance is that he doesn't define the functions by what we see in people who've tested a certain way. We use the provided definitions, and use them as 'logic gates' for determining type. Asking him if he's got any other reason than theory for something is wasteful, since they serve as the steady rules, to which type has to conform. You're clearly approaching the concept in exactly the opposite direction he and I are.

Really, what he's using isn't a theory. It's just putting names to information uptake and organization modes.
    Ah, so is this again "we think this behaviour fits this description"? Well, I guess I am approaching it from a different perspective - I don't believe that we can do what you guys claim can be done.

But whatever, this is a thread on House, not type... it's better suited for another thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Situation #1
    I am an extrovert.
    I sit alone staring into blank space absent-mindedly tapping my cane on the floor whilst thinking through a problem.

Situation #2
    I am an introvert.
    Whilst walking along I have a brilliant idea and immediately engage the next person who I speak to in a conversation about it to see how it pans out when I say it out loud.

Sorry but I reckon that situation #2 is far more in keeping with what I've observed of people.

As PT was pointing out (the most damning "evidence" IMO) House comes to conclusions. He does not discuss possibilities and argue for his point of view, he states and he corrects succinctly and precisely. House leaves little room for discussion and hands out orders not suggestions. He does enjoy an argument but not for the sake of the argument but for the sake of peering over his victim and showing that he is the superior brain.

House has a team, it seems, to feed him information. House does not do scans or take blood samples or give shots he just directs. When working on a problem House is either analysing someone's response (verbally because otherwise the viewer would get bored) or is silent and is feeding off the information being tossed about. House will then sum up what the current situation is (presumably for the viewer) and then either decides if it's clear cut or will delegate the decision and the responsibility to someone else (is that not an INTJs reaction to uncertainty given the situation?).

Now to a bit of nuance on the actor...
    This is a Brit trying to play an American. Now as all us Brits know you Yanks are a brash, loud, overly aggressive and extroverted lot. Even your introverts.() Hence perhaps there's a little artistic license?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ... Now to a bit of nuance on the actor...
    This is a Brit trying to play an American. Now as all us Brits know you Yanks are a brash, loud, overly aggressive and extroverted lot. Even your introverts.() Hence perhaps there's a little artistic license?
    Ah! I was wondering what the American stereotype is!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah! I was wondering what the American stereotype is!
    LOUDER!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    LOUDER!!

Hey, watch it, Buster!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hey, watch it, Buster!
    Better, much better. Now if you could manage about an extra 100lbs or so with this sumo suit and be really gregarious and over the top then I think you have it down to the shoes.

Oh and more patriotism obviously. That's just got to be in there. Perhaps an "hallelujah" or two? Think TV evangelist and you've got one vision of the stereotype down perfectly

MBTI
    IXTJ

Default Typing Dr. House

What type is Dr House? These are the most obvious choices people say...
    ---------------------------------------
    My Pop Culture Personality Profiling Blog!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

He's definitely an ENTP
    I N V I C T U S