User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 2028293031324080 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 1047

  1. #291
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    No, I don't see your point. Whoever said that test were the way to type people. You are using functions. I am using - tried, tested and true behaviours related to the mbti traits. To me, functions doesn't prove anything.
    If you understood what they meant/did then you would.
    Whether someone shows a particular function or not does not mean he/she is better at something than someone else.
    Who said they did?
    You say you are Ni + Fe, so you understand people better. I beg to disagree.
    LOL
    You may prefer these functions but it doesn't mean you are better that someone who is Ne + Fi.
    No, but it does mean that BECAUSE he favors those functions, he is more likely to put effort into the activities they cause, I.E. figuring people out.
    Functions can't explain why people do/think/act a certain way
    Actually, that's exactly what they do - explain behavior. THey don't claim responsibility, they just describe it
    and so it can not be used to generalize what type a person is.
    Again, if you knew what they were, meant and did, you wouldn't be saying that.
    You are simplifying a person's cognitive ability too much and identifying too much with your functions. People just aren't that simple!
    To him they are. Believe me, I know.

  2. #292
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    ...
    I love pissing contests and all but this isn't even interesting to me... This is stuff I learnt 10 years ago, stuff that is widely available... no need to access to a research library, or CAPTs library... just need to take the time to read it. Nothing I have said here is "debatable" - this is the history of the system and the analysis done on it. If we were at least talking about that, I'd be able to take something away... and I'd likely be attacking MBTI, which is far more interesting than defending it since I can draw on research to compare apples to apples.

    /me runs back to my courses before getting sucked in again

  3. #293
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    Yes, I'm very sure I'm INTJ - tested and true.

    You are judging me based on my said behaviour and applying a function to the behaviour. You do not know me, you definately do not know how and why my mind works the way it does. Functions will not tell you what type I am. Seeing me in actions, learning about my past, present and future and understanding what really goes on in that twisted little head of mine is what makes me who I am.

    Curious though, what functions would you give me and why are you questioning why I'm not an INTJ?
    "I base my information from what I observe and from the stories I exchanged with people over time."

    = Si

    edit: that's not amazing evidence. but you seem very Si to me, citing things you've read; thinking of the past as a great authority, etc.

  4. #294
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    Yes, I'm very sure I'm INTJ - tested and true.

    You are judging me based on my said behaviour and applying a function to the behaviour. You do not know me, you definately do not know how and why my mind works the way it does. Functions will not tell you what type I am. Seeing me in actions, learning about my past, present and future and understanding what really goes on in that twisted little head of mine is what makes me who I am.

    Curious though, what functions would you give me and why are you questioning why I'm not an INTJ?
    also, you can't see my perspective, which is very very very strong evidence that you aren't Ni dominant.

  5. #295
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.

    Yes, I'm very sure I'm INTJ - tested and true.

    You are judging me based on my said behaviour and applying a function to the behaviour. You do not know me, you definately do not know how and why my mind works the way it does. Functions will not tell you what type I am. Seeing me in actions, learning about my past, present and future and understanding what really goes on in that twisted little head of mine is what makes me who I am.

    Curious though, what functions would you give me and why are you questioning why I'm not an INTJ?
    The fact that you came onto the scene to defend your friend (or even if you didn't even know pt.) Is indicative of a feeling function. The fact that it was pt in particular who you were defending, implies that it was object Fe. I have no comment on your perception mode, but you appear to me to be an I_FJ.

  6. #296
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Nothing I have said here is "debatable" - this is the history of the system and the analysis done on it.
    stop making value judgments and we'll stop debating.

  7. #297
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I love pissing contests and all but this isn't even interesting to me... This is stuff I learnt 10 years ago, stuff that is widely available... no need to access to a research library, or CAPTs library... just need to take the time to read it. Nothing I have said here is "debatable" - this is the history of the system and the analysis done on it. If we were at least talking about that, I'd be able to take something away... and I'd likely be attacking MBTI, which is far more interesting than defending it since I can draw on research to compare apples to apples.

    /me runs back to my courses before getting sucked in again
    I just can't understand this. How can someone be so blind? If you have an abstract system that rests upon another abstract system, but doesn't follow the logic, then how is it valid? That's the real question. You can talk ALL you want about researchers and history, but in the end what really matters is how the damn thing works. MBTI just doesn't work with the function theory. It allows for there to be confusion of function. I've seen it happen. There's some concrete info for you. Prove that wrong. I've goddamn seen it. And since it's teetering on the functions system, (otherwise it has really no base), but doesn't follow the rules, then it is indubitably flawed.

    It might be correct very often, but there's still margin for error.

  8. #298
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The fact that you came onto the scene to defend your friend (or even if you didn't even know pt.) Is indicative of a feeling function. The fact that it was pt in particular who you were defending, implies that it was object Fe. I have no comment on your perception mode, but you appear to me to be an I_FJ.
    Fiance, just in case you don't read our signatures.

  9. #299
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I just can't understand this. How can someone be so blind? If you have an abstract system that rests upon another abstract system, but doesn't follow the logic, then how is it valid? That's the real question. You can talk ALL you want about researchers and history, but in the end what really matters is how the damn thing works. MBTI just doesn't work with the function theory. It allows for there to be confusion of function. I've seen it happen. There's some concrete info for you. Prove that wrong. I've goddamn seen it. And since it's teetering on the functions system, (otherwise it has really no base), but doesn't follow the rules, then it is indubitably flawed.

    It might be correct very often, but there's still margin for error.
    Actually, I have no clue what you are saying anymore.

    What system are you using to determine what functions someone has?

  10. #300
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Actually, I have no clue what you are saying anymore.

    What system are you using to determine what functions someone has?
    Well, I did some research of the functions themselves, and analyzed... spent hours a day for almost two years, wondering exactly what each function did, and why it did that. It's embedded into my brain. There's no MATH involved in my system and if you want, you can discredit it as a system. I've just become adroit at determining which function is being used, and what it's pairing with. There are seemingly insignificant nuances of behavior, that I wouldn't pay attention to otherwise, which give way to the ability to name the function someone used to come up with a conclusion or why they acted a certain way.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO