• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is House?

What type is House?

• INTP

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 120 30.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • INFJ

• ISTP

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • ESFP

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • ESTP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 148 37.0%

• Total voters

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I just watched an episode in which Wilson, on the subject of cheating, said "Heh heh. You'd be surprised what you can live with." Such an INFJ! Yeah, right.

Sometimes I really think most people here have no idea what people of any type usually act like. None at all.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
attachment.php

Her character description sheet from the show reads like a F template. Ethical, compassionate, respecting others... Whatever man, whatever. She's the foil for house's lack of compassion, which he gets to triumph over for the entertainment of viewers everywhere. It's in the formula for the show!
That's what I thought too,
at least isn't that what he complains about in her?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wilson is an NF. If he isn't "saving" someone, he feels worthless.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Wilson is an NF. If he isn't "saving" someone, he feels worthless.
He's effectively a 2/3 INTP, 1/3 INFP composite. Which makes him more INTP.

I should've known better to get in the fray on a bunch of TV characters, the most inconsistently true-to-type entities of all. People see one trait which reminds them of a type, and therefore he/she MUST be that type.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I should've known better to get in the fray on a bunch of TV characters, the most inconsistently true-to-type entities of all. People see one trait which reminds them of a type, and therefore he/she MUST be that type.

I don't see much INTP in him, is all.

And Cameron is the F-est F that ever F-ed on that show.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Yeah, you know all those Fs who work hard in hospitals all day, never get flustered...Oh wait, they're called nurses.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See when you just make up your own rules and invent your own "system", how can anyone argue with that?
There's no such thing as 2/3 INTP 1/3 INFP.
That's just an INTP with T=66%. :doh:
I don't usually bother with this type of exercise, but it was clear from the first episode that the writers are students of typology - almost to the point of parody - and therefore it makes sense in this instance.
I just watched an episode in which Wilson, on the subject of cheating, said "Heh heh. You'd be surprised what you can live with." Such an INFJ! Yeah, right.

Sometimes I really think most people here have no idea what people of any type usually act like. None at all.
Yeah, because like, everyone knows that NFs never cheat or anything like that.
Sometimes I really think you've never known an NF gone bad. I could Godwin up this thread, but I won't bother.

And there you have it. What MacGuffin doesn't know about F'ing Fs isn't worth knowing.

Also Wiki say:
Cameron is known for her honesty, sincerity, idealism and strong ethical center. She is an atheist but unlike House, she expresses a feeling of respect for people with religious beliefs. According to the New York Times she plays "Jane Eyre to House's Edward Rochester."
Isn't Jane Eyre down as an INFJ? I'm leaning towards INFJ for Cameron now too.
Yeah, you know all those Fs who work hard in hospitals all day, never get flustered...Oh wait, they're called nurses.
Fs CAN THINK!!!
I bet there are more INFP doctors than INTP ones.

MBTI Type
ENTP
House 's type is the most obvious: ENTP. He's reckless (INTJs are not), incessantly quick-witted (the other characters usually can't tell whether he's joking or not).

I find Cameron's type the most annoyingly ambiguous and contradictory. Her default demeanor seems cold and logical, but then she gets all weepy and "ethical" with patients (see: Sleeping Dogs Lie, her crying "ethical dilemma" on that episode was so f'ing f. It pissed me off)....and don't tell me cold and logical is an INFJ or weepy and ethical is female INTJ. So I'm going to say she's mostly untypeable, I don't think she would exist outside of the minds of the silly writers, although I will say she is clearly more introverted and J than not.
Cuddy is an obvious female T, and she doesn't get significantly more emotional with patients than her colleagues.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
House 's type is the most obvious: ENTP. He's reckless (INTJs are not), incessantly quick-witted (the other characters usually can't tell whether he's joking or not).

I find Cameron's type the most annoyingly ambiguous and contradictory. Her default demeanor seems cold and logical, but then she gets all weepy and "ethical" with patients (see: Sleeping Dogs Lie, her crying ethical dilemma on that episode was so f'ing f. It pissed me off)....and don't tell me cold and logical is an INFJ or weepy and ethical is female INTJ. So I'm going to say she's mostly untypeable, I don't think she would exist outside of the minds of the silly writers, although I will say she is clearly more introverted and J than not.
Cuddy is an obvious female T, and she doesn't get significantly more emotional with patients than her colleagues.

I can see House as ENTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
See when you just make up your own rules and invent your own "system", how can anyone argue with that?
There's no such thing as 2/3 INTP 1/3 INFP.
That's just an INTP with T=66%. :doh:
Bullshit, blue, these are fictional characters, and they can be whatever they need to be every new episode. When Wilson moved in with House (Which I hadn't seen before,) he instantly became Mr. Big J, simply because the subplot required it.
I don't usually bother with this type of exercise, but it was clear from the first episode that the writers are students of typology - almost to the point of parody - and therefore it makes sense in this instance.
Yeah, because like, everyone knows that NFs never cheat or anything like that.
Sometimes I really think you've never known an NF gone bad. I could Godwin up this thread, but I won't bother.
Really? That's pretty funny, because I've been noticing that half the characters are shifting. Cameron hardly does any research toward the end of Season 2. You could call her ISFJ at that point and I'd hardly argue. But she was much closer to INTJ in the first season. Sounds like the writers really got their MBTI chops down!

And there you have it. What MacGuffin doesn't know about F'ing Fs isn't worth knowing.
MacGuffin types someone publicly about once a year, and I never agree with it. I don't think I'll be putting a lot of stock in your opinion of his eye either, being that I can never figure out where you get your ideas.

Fs CAN THINK!!!
No, really? They just don't "Think" as often, and that makes med school a bit difficult. It's why people who just want to get into the business of caring for people don't become doctors.

To clarify how I see the characters types at this point:

House: ENTP
Cuddy: ESTJ
Foreman: ISTJ
Cameron: Too variable
Wilson: Too variable
Chase: Too variable?

Chase is the only of the last three who might actually have a type. Cameron and Wilson have been too self-contradictory to be any one type.

I apologize for assuming the characters would be static based on the few early episodes I watched. They aren't.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ You take this stuff far too seriously.

You should watch more telly.
Watch House. It's good, I hear.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dude Flak.
I'm a pro type-guy-analyzer.

Wilson is INFJ. Chase is INTP. Cameron is ENFJ.
Learn functions and how to detect them.
Thanks.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No, really? They just don't "Think" as often, and that makes med school a bit difficult.
That's probably true.

On the other hand, every doctor I've ever had was an F, and almost every one of them had both a degree and a medical license. Suffice it to say, it's doable.

Second to that, F's can still be smart, and can be taught logic.
The way Cameron applies it, it sounds less colloquial and more textbook.

Third of that, not all Ts are really adept at logic or even rationality. Not even all T dominants...

Not even many T dominants.

I don't feel I even need to point out any examples.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I agree that it is difficult to type fictional characters simply because the writers can make them behave any way they want them to without regard to real life. Many times a character is a conglomeration of behaviors that could be attributed to several types.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's typically true of all humans.

Nothing human is consistent.
Your avatar for instance has overtones of gluttony and other sin. But I know it's a good painting because the main idea is about baby Jesus, and we can all get along when he's in the room.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's typically true of all humans.

Dammit! I always wanted to say that!!!

I don't know why I've never put my foot forward to do so.

Maybe because I was anticipating someone to say it in my head before anything happened, maybe?

But yeah, a real-life human being is infinitely more complex than a fictional character.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well I'd offer you the leftovers but...
...it looks like the vultures are going to beat you to it.