User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 1422232425263474 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 1047

  1. #231
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Oh but Nonpariel, I do thank you for pointing out that I was getting abusive. I really don't intend to. It just happens. I'll try and keep it at bay or else Ivy will come after me again...

    Sorry, Mom!

  2. #232
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Eh, sorry. Had problems formatting.
    Hey how do you fix those issues anyway? So many of my posts are essentially drawn and quartered because of whatever flaw -- how did you fix it?

  3. #233
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I also want INTJ supporters to refute Natrushka's post (an INTJ of your own): http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post54175

    Cause no one even tried.

  4. #234
    Senior Member Nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Thank you Mac for explaining the functions to me.

    I'll be the first to admit, I do not know it. It confuses me and as far as I can tell, it does not explain types. It is another generalization and it's not because I don't understand it, but I don't know how those functions can be used so strongly to type a person. I'm still new at the whole MBTI thing and maybe that is why I'm trying to be objective with the whole thing. I still have a lot to learn. I am certain about INTJ/INTP's because I've read the most about them. If anyone could clarify all this for me and explain to me why I need to use functions to type someone, I would truly appreciate it.

    I'm not sure about House using Ne of Ni, I can't see it. I use both, depending on the situation and I can't see how a particular type can use Ni only. We all learn and grow from experiences. I had a rough, very sheltered childhood and I try very hard keep my mind open, which means that I do use external data, in fact, without it, I couldn't make decisions. I think the definitions you gave me on Ne and Ni are vague and can be twisted to whatever suits ones means. I'm just trying to understand all this and I'm sorry if I come off more abrasive than I really mean. I just don't like people attacking other people's opinion the way I see on this thread.

    Thank you.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

  5. #235
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    He's quite dreamy Good to know he's not knocked up; that might be awkward to film around.
    This one?

    That might be hard... it's entirely up to opinion... well not the part about being knocked up. He's a dude, which means he can't get knocked up, I'm pretty sure. As far as filming while pregnant being awkward goes, I dunno... might be a fun challenge.

  6. #236
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Hey how do you fix those issues anyway? So many of my posts are essentially drawn and quartered because of whatever flaw -- how did you fix it?
    Kept editing.

  7. #237
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Thank you Mac for explaining the functions to me.

    I'll be the first to admit, I do not know it. It confuses me and as far as I can tell, it does not explain types. It is another generalization and it's not because I don't understand it, but I don't know how those functions can be used so strongly to type a person. I'm still new at the whole MBTI thing and maybe that is why I'm trying to be objective with the whole thing. I still have a lot to learn. I am certain about INTJ/INTP's because I've read the most about them. If anyone could clarify all this for me and explain to me why I need to use functions to type someone, I would truly appreciate it.

    I'm not sure about House using Ne of Ni, I can't see it. I use both, depending on the situation and I can't see how a particular type can use Ni only. We all learn and grow from experiences. I had a rough, very sheltered childhood and I try very hard keep my mind open, which means that I do use external data, in fact, without it, I couldn't make decisions. I think the definitions you gave me on Ne and Ni are vague and can be twisted to whatever suits ones means. I'm just trying to understand all this and I'm sorry if I come off more abrasive than I really mean. I just don't like people attacking other people's opinion the way I see on this thread.

    Thank you.
    Ni and Fi are what I call the "voodoo functions".

    I don't understand them, and rarely use them as far as I can tell. Everytime someone tries to explain them to me, I think they are explaining something like ESP.

    I see when House uses Ne. It's my second function, so I know it when I see it.

    If an INTJ supporter could show me a few examples of Ni in action on the show, I'd appreciate it.

  8. #238
    Senior Member Nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Oh but Nonpariel, I do thank you for pointing out that I was getting abusive. I really don't intend to. It just happens. I'll try and keep it at bay or else Ivy will come after me again...

    Sorry, Mom!
    Deep inside, I'm sure I know you don't mean to sound abusive. The reason I'm taking this thread so personally is that I do not like your tone in some of your posts. You are welcome to voice your opinion and I don't mind the swearing, just something about what and how you say it that really really urks me.

    People tend to do that to me though and I'm trying to keep these emotions at bay. I admit, I do make very snap judgments on people and from the way you came off in some of your posts, I felt it as a personal attack. I'm sorry, I may be just too sensitive!

    Peace offering: Can we at least agree to disagree? Hell, as an INTJ, as much as I would like to convince everyone in the world that I'm always right, we all know that that would never happen....
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

  9. #239
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Thank you Mac for explaining the functions to me.

    I'll be the first to admit, I do not know it. It confuses me and as far as I can tell, it does not explain types. It is another generalization and it's not because I don't understand it, but I don't know how those functions can be used so strongly to type a person. I'm still new at the whole MBTI thing and maybe that is why I'm trying to be objective with the whole thing. I still have a lot to learn. I am certain about INTJ/INTP's because I've read the most about them. If anyone could clarify all this for me and explain to me why I need to use functions to type someone, I would truly appreciate it.
    No no, see, the four letters, as pt has stated, are basically just a shortcut to the functions. It's easier to write, ENTP, than to write Ne Ti Fe Si Ni Te Fi Se.

    Basically the framework is like this

    first letter -- tells where your energy is directed, and drawn from. Es are outward, into the world of objects, Is are inward to the world of subjects.

    second letter -- mode of perception, intuitive or sensing (not necessarily big picture vs. small minded as many seem to think -- correlation is not causation)

    third letter -- mode of dealing with the information. Logical or emotional. (Not smart vs. dumb, or mean vs. Nice correlation is not causation...)

    fourth letter -- this is the tricky one, which throws SO many people off. It's the hardest one to generalize. Depending on which one you get, it tells which is extraverted, Perception or Judgement.

    Also, the first letter takes what the fourth letter says is I or E, and helps with the order placement respectively.

    ENTP uses intuition, which is extraverted (because of P). Since he is E, then Ne goes first, which leaves his introverted function, which since he's T is thinking.

    Ne and Ti, is the combination of functions an ENTP uses.


    I'm not sure about House using Ne of Ni, I can't see it. I use both, depending on the situation and I can't see how a particular type can use Ni only. We all learn and grow from experiences. I had a rough, very sheltered childhood and I try very hard keep my mind open, which means that I do use external data, in fact, without it, I couldn't make decisions. I think the definitions you gave me on Ne and Ni are vague and can be twisted to whatever suits ones means. I'm just trying to understand all this and I'm sorry if I come off more abrasive than I really mean. I just don't like people attacking other people's opinion the way I see on this thread.

    Thank you.
    Yeah... again, I wasn't really attacking anyone. I just don't like people misusing the system the way I see in this thread.

    If you're not using all the rules of MBTI, then it's not really MBTI. It might be accurate, but it's not MBTI, it's something else.

  10. #240
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Deep inside, I'm sure I know you don't mean to sound abusive. The reason I'm taking this thread so personally is that I do not like your tone in some of your posts. You are welcome to voice your opinion and I don't mind the swearing, just something about what and how you say it that really really urks me.

    People tend to do that to me though and I'm trying to keep these emotions at bay. I admit, I do make very snap judgments on people and from the way you came off in some of your posts, I felt it as a personal attack. I'm sorry, I may be just too sensitive!

    Peace offering: Can we at least agree to disagree? Hell, as an INTJ, as much as I would like to convince everyone in the world that I'm always right, we all know that that would never happen....
    A peas offering? Oh... peace... never heard of it, but I'll try anything once.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO