Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    I would like to hear how you can say that? I don't see how what I described as being House.

Maybe you should read what you wrote again.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If one Ni supporter could actually explain what they are talking about, I'd be grateful.

All I hear is someone saying that his is right and everyone else is not only wrong, but stupid. All I see is someone who likes to hear himself talk. All I see is someone who lacks the ability to think outside a textbook and fills in information to what suits his definition. House is a fictional character and I've never seen such strong words used by one such person on this thread to try to tell other people that he is right.

I would be happy to see him argue his points with actually facts instead of his own interpretation of it - I don't need to listen to him abuse other people because of his own bias. It's one thing thinking a person is a particular type, it's another thing shooting everyone down because we disagree with him.

House is fictional!
    Er... I'm not shooting anyone down just 'cause they disagree. I'm shooting them down because they don't have any damn evidence. Comparing an INTJ friend to House serves only insofar as it provides knowledge of how to react when in his presence. I don't care how much someone's demeanor REMINDS you of someone else, MBTI isn't about that. It's bout how you take in information, and how you deal with it. It does nothing more. Like I've said too many people use MBTI as a cookie cutter. It's just not. If OFTEN works out that people of the same type act similarly, but sometimes (and in my experience, just as often) it doesn't.

Oh any by the way, I haven't directly abused anyone -- the most overt insult I've offered was variable. That is, it depended on if someone was actually doing what someone else proposed, and I don't even think they are. That means I'm not actually attacking anyone. I can't argue with PT without being called abusive?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    If one INTJ supporter could point out an ongoing reliance on Ni I'd be grateful.

If one INTJ supporter could explain away the airplane episode or his reliance on a team (not people he knows!) I'd be grateful.
    Exactly what I've been saying. I didn't start off 'abusive'.

Oh, but Mac, a single episode doesn't necessarily make him an extravert.

MBTI
    INTJ

Maybe you should read what you wrote again.
    Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!

House is an example of an INTJ that knows just that!
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Er... I'm not shooting anyone down just 'cause they disagree. I'm shooting them down because they don't have any damn evidence. Comparing an INTJ friend to House serves only insofar as it provides knowledge of how to react when in his presence. I don't care how much someone's demeanor REMINDS you of someone else, MBTI isn't about that. It's bout how you take in information, and how you deal with it. It does nothing more. Like I've said too many people use MBTI as a cookie cutter. It's just not. If OFTEN works out that people of the same type act similarly, but sometimes (and in my experience, just as often) it doesn't.

Oh any by the way, I haven't directly abused anyone -- the most overt insult I've offered was variable. That is, it depended on if someone was actually doing what someone else proposed, and I don't even think they are. That means I'm not actually attacking anyone. I can't argue with PT without being called abusive?
    It's how you argue.

And what evidence do you have? I didn't know you knew the creators of House?

What makes you think you have better experience than the rest of us?
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    ENTP

Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!

House is an example of an INTJ that knows just that!
    Ha. If you have something to say, why not come at me in a PM? Saying this publicly doesn't make you a hero or anything.

Anyway, none of what I say comes from a textbook. A little bit from the internet, with function descriptions, but other than that it's all my own damn reasoning. I choose to use conventional function descriptions, because in doing so, those who also read those descriptions will know what I'm talking about.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Did, still not House.

I'm strugging to find a nice word, but as far as I can see, I described a complete idiot that really has not idea what he is talking about and tries to sound like he does but stating useless information and reading from a textbook. I'm impressed that he can read but I have to question his thought process, but I guess that's expected from an ignorant fool that lacks life experience! It's not enough reading and absorbing information, one must know how to apply it!!
    You just described House again!

I'll use the first sentence in your previous post:

If one Ni supporter could actually explain what they are talking about, I'd be grateful.
    There are only two types that use Ni as a lead: INTJ and INFJ.

I'd be grateful too.

Introverted iNtuiting: Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols. Envisioning yourself in an outfit or maybe envisioning yourself being a certain way.
    That is NOT House. No external data? He writes it all on the damn board!

Extraverted iNtuiting: Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is" for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts. Noticing the possible meanings of what you might wear: "Wearing this might communicate..."
    That is.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's how you argue.

And what evidence do you have? I didn't know you knew the creators of House?

What makes you think you have better experience than the rest of us?
    See, I didn't claim to have any of that.

If you don't see the evidence then you must not have read the thread. I've stated more than one example of how House uses Ne with Ti and not Ni and Te. Regardless of whether or not he 'acts like the type' he uses the functions of a different type than the one he acts like. Since there's a direct link between type and functions, instead of going by personal experience, we go by the abstract definitions provided by CG Jung, (or whatever analysts have provided condensed versions) who invented the system in the first place.

MBTI
    ENTP

You just described House again!

I'll use the first sentence in your previous post:

There are only two types that use Ni as a lead: INTJ and INFJ.

I'd be grateful too.

That is NOT House. No external data? He writes it all on the damn board!

That is.
    Thank you.

It might be beneficial for one of us to get the different attitudes of thinking.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Eh, sorry. Had problems formatting.