• ENTP

153 37.41%
First 1119202122233171 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    The INTJs all think he's INTJ, most others think he's INTJ, and specifically, the INTJ doctor thinks he's an INTJ.
    May I again point out that I don't?

Be careful with superlatives; they'll lose you many an argument. (Particularly with those damned XNTPs.)

P.S. Who is the INTJ doctor?

MBTI
    INTJ

This reminds me of my psychology prof telling the class that we will learn everything we need to know about the human mind by memorizing the textbook. It was then I realized how little people really know how to "think outside of the box". Since when could the human mind be broken down to words on a page? Facts and information can always be twisted into something with enough information to pad (distort) the original facts/information. It doesn't matter how smart someone is, we all do it at some point.

Seeing how House is a fictional character, it is very easy for us to fill in the missing information according to our own bias.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I wasn't talking about you.
    I wasn't the SP with the limited Ni you were talking about?

You left out the third option which is, observe behavior, and instead of matching it up to types, I match it up to cognitive functions.
    You observe an actors emulating behaviour of a particular type and match it up to an abstraction. It is the exact same thing as everyone else is doing... Functions were derived from behaviour.

As far as you using the "system", you are not using the MBTI approach. MBTI uses no function derived questions to determine type. Functions are only assumed from behaviour - which of course is the point. There is a reason why the functional tests are not used anywhere anytime - they don't work (although the reason for this is different).

The combinations that come up most commonly are the ones that decide his type. In this case, he connects two situations (that's how he solves the cases almost every time) and then he detaches for a moment to make sure it makes sense. Either that, or he skips the detachment period and goes to his team and asks them to make sure it makes sense.
    I'd say "have you worked with an INTJ", but I know that'd be useless. Functionally, however, it doesn't make much difference - what you wrote reads like a horoscope. Most people solve problems in a very similar manner (the "answer came to me", or "I saw this and it made me think").

Only problem is that it's missing most of the tossed around definitions (here)... and stuff like the curiousity, the open mindedness, the big picture... well, just about everything. That is, compared to the Ni view of having the information "inside of us, waiting to be found"... same goes for Ti and Te.

The key points of his character (the points that emphasise his nature) are all functionally correct for an INTJ (read: the behaviour that led to the conclusion that there must be functions are exhibited by him...).

Functions aren't some objective measurement - they are assumed based on common behaviours. When someone says "he is just like very INTJ I know" they are deducing a collective amount of behaviours that associate to the functions - exactly the same as you are doing, just with actual experience rather than an abstraction.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Final Answer = Both but INTJ.

A particular pattern has come to my attention in regard to type development. I first noted it in relation to my own type.

INTP -> ENTJ -> ESFJ
    The basic idea is that your shadow represents your weakness. To develop you are going to have to deal with your shadow and make it a strength. However to do this you are crossing a large gap and so I added a middle step. To me learning how to be more ENTJ was far easier than learning to be an ESFJ to begin with but by learning how to be more ENTJ like I was actually progressing towards learning about ESFJ too.

How does this apply at all?

INTJ -> ENTP -> ESFP

House is an INTJ. The noted instances of more ENTP style behaviour are to be expected according to the pattern I have observed.

Ergo he's both INTJ and ENTP in instances but in preference he's an INTJ.

(I realise this sounds like me fitting something to reinforce my thinking but the pattern existed long before I even looked at House. It just didn't occur that the pattern matched until I was walking home last evening.)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

One curious thing... at the end of the show last night.
    Cuddy asks, "Are the games going to stop now?"
    House retorts, "How long have you known me?"
    The implication being that he is "all about games" and therefore they're never going to stop.

Now I might be a weird INTJ, but I hate games with a passion.
    I hate silliness.
    I hate pranks.
    I think the whole world would be a lot better off if everyone stopped messing around and got serious.
    (Well, at least that's the attitude I grew up with and maybe every now and then it rears its ugly head.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

***starts wondering about experiment where INTJMom is drunk and see what happens***

You know that an INTJs shadow is ESFP right?
    How can you deny fun? It's kind of intrinsic to INTJs no matter how much they protest.

MBTI
    INTJ

(You didn't tell me: are you male or female?)

I saw that comment yesterday. The only time I act like an ESFP (as far as I know) is when there's a band playing.

One of the other points made yesterday is when Wilson pointed out that House played all these games for the purpose of controlling people.
    Then at the end, we find out he won the game when he manipulated Cuddy into letting him hire 3 people instead of 2.

(I don't need the speech about how one episode doesn't make a person.)

All the behavior should fit.

Why don't you explain shadow more for us?

MBTI
    INTJ

Or is this what you had in mind:

Recognising Stress
    As stress increases, 'learned behaviour' tends to give way to the natural style, so the INTJ will behave more according to type when under greater stress.
    For example, in a crisis, the INTJ might:

-retire to a private place and think through a problem until the INTJ has formulated a complete plan for solving it
    -try to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution
    -criticise others' ideas, particularly if they involve compromising quality
    -make errors of fact, or pursue ideas that are unrealistic

Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INTJ's shadow may appear - a negative form of ESFP.
    Example characteristics are:

-doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
    -acting very impulsively, perhaps starting off more projects than the INTJ could hope to accomplish
    -expressing emotions in an intensive and uncontrolled way
    -being very sensitive to criticism
    -asking for lots of information that is irrelevant

INTJ Personality Types

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Yup you got it girlie

Btw what does my gender have to do with it?

(Ohhh soo tempted to add "trust me I'm a doctor" )
    You realise you could track me quite easily back to my blog and everything I put on INTPc like for the last couple of years!! [man that sounds sad now I say it ]

If it alters your perceptions of me at all then I can confirm (says he holding a mirror) that I iz definitely a bloke. If you want proof then I could send you a picture of my stubble (Bet you were wondering where that sentence was going )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Yup you got it girlie

Btw what does my gender have to do with it?

(Ohhh soo tempted to add "trust me I'm a doctor" )
    You realise you could track me quite easily back to my blog and everything I put on INTPc like for the last couple of years!! [man that sounds sad now I say it ]

If it alters your perceptions of me at all then I can confirm (says he holding a mirror) that I iz definitely a bloke. If you want proof then I could send you a picture of my stubble (Bet you were wondering where that sentence was going )
    I only asked because yesterday I called you "my hero" and you responded using the pink hair girl smilie - - so I didn't know if you were actually my "heroine".

As far as tracking you goes. I live in the US and I may never get to England again as long as I live, so I think you're safe.
    (You do own a sharp looking car, though.)

BTW: you're the only male INTP whose reasoning doesn't drive me insane.