25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 1018192021223070 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby
    Eh, you stereotyped me based on cognitive functions as an objective "observer", concluding my inability to see things your way comes from that. You know nothing about me and are willing to project your functional views as justification.
    I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about anyone who watches from the sideline with the desire to find out what type someone IS not what they WANT them to be. Individuals will always try to rig the answers so they get the type they want (even if they don't know what it is yet). It's called self serving bias, though usually the term is applied in relation to intelligence and 'objective' measures. In this case, it's not about who's better than someone else, except insofar as it makes someone want to be a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    You mean the actor pretending to be a character that he is not? He might be ENTP - he was a comedian and such... fits the profile.
    I'm not talking about the damn actor. I'm talking about House. Not Hugh Laurie. Maybe he is ENTP. He struck me as more of an introvert (the ACTOR not house, but I've not really seen many interviews or much of anything really with him in it except the show)

House is fictional - he is not the actor. It works only two ways;

1) You can observe a person and find out their cognitive functions... in this case, you cannot type House in this method (the actor is what you are observing.)

2) You can observe behaviour and compare it to similar types (ie: the actor can pretend to be someone by taking on characteristics that the character would have - the actor thinks differently than the character he plays - ie: you cannot determine how any fictional character is cognitively wired because the character doesn't exist, only the actor pretending to be the character).
    You left out the third option which is, observe behavior, and instead of matching it up to types, I match it up to cognitive functions. The combinations that come up most commonly are the ones that decide his type. In this case, he connects two situations (that's how he solves the cases almost every time) and then he detaches for a moment to make sure it makes sense. Either that, or he skips the detachment period and goes to his team and asks them to make sure it makes sense.

But even if I were to choose one of your bizarre methods, I would still end up with ENTP. I will not elaborate.

In case 1), as you claim, you could theoretically know how someone operates just by watching him... In case 2), you are saying that you cannot observe anyone because anyone can become someone else (thus making observation -> function impossible).

It means that you are either typing the actor and not the character or you are typing the character on a flawed model.
    Read the most previous comment.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ... you even sound like House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I was gonna say- case in point!
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    OH no! Now he's gonna say that proves House is an ENTP!

I am House.

MBTI
    ENTP

House is coming on in a few minutes actually. At least here on the east coast.

Watch it. You'll likely see him do exactly what I've described.

Enneagram
    1w2

Nocapszy's doing a fine job convincing me House is an ENTP. You INTJ fans need to step it up a notch!

Is it agreed he's at least NTFS?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The INTJs all think he's INTJ, most others think he's INTJ, and specifically, the INTJ doctor thinks he's an INTJ.

I thought the rest of this was just entertaining nocapszy and that we had long since confirmed his INTJness.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    the INTJ doctor
    This is bolded? Of all the things you could have chosen as the emphasis, you chose this?

Being an INTJ doctor doesn't make her any more an acute typist.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, nocapszy, neither the majority opinion nor the MBTI system is swaying you, which is convincing me that you just like to listen to yourself.

You could at least keep your rebelious point of view to yourself.
    The debate is over. Whether you think it's true or not, this topic has probably settled on him being an INTJ.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, nocapszy, neither the majority opinion nor the MBTI system is swaying you, which is convincing me that you just like to listen to yourself.

You could at least keep your rebelious point of view to yourself.
    The debate is over. Whether you think it's true or not, this topic has probably settled on him being an INTJ.
    Erm... I'm the only one who's using the system...

The "majority opinion" employs nothing but anecdotal information, which is not to be relied on, since we experience anomaly in all fields of science.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

... You said to forget the MBTI...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ... You said to forget the MBTI...
    Granted. Ok, I overstepped -- I should clarify by saying forget using the dichotomies to determine functions, but instead use functions to determine type.

That is, I'm using a backwards approach to the issue.

I guess I figured that would be assumed, since if it were taken literally, I wouldn't be trying to type house. Or anyone for that matter.