• ENTJ

25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 12341252102 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He doesn't seem very inward, does he? I'd buy ENTP. Definitely P.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Cool. A show I actually watch. New show tomorrow?

T for sure, (or a really, really, screwed up F). He has issues, that can make him more cold and mean, but I really don't see any internal dynamic causing him to switch from F to T.

Definitely abstract in his approach to medical problems (and he approaches everything in life the same way, which also seems to indicate an NT). So I would say N.

He is a misanthrope, but he cannot keep his mouth shut in many of the situations he'd in.

I would have initially pegged him for an extroverted NT. But there are a lot of moments where simply wants to be left alone to think.

E/I is hard to say. His approach to problem solving screams ENTP to me (based on ENTPs I know IRL) and not at all like ENTJs, INTJs, or INTPs I know in real life (possible circular reasoning here).

He is decisive and directive, but it seems like that only applies on the job, where he knows his stuff and is the boss. INTPs/ENTPs I know at work (confirmed by tests) can be equally adamant, decisive and directive about what they want done (but are much more easy going outside of work).

He defies authority (SP/NT usually), but the way he does it has a very "Richard Feynman" feel to it (Which points me to ENTP).

Rule breaking is part of his own system clashing with the established one, not really based on a pragmatic motive to make an impact. So again I am thinking NT.

Cognitive Function-It may be due to the shows presentation, but if you watch the plane episode where he is trying to make a diagnosis, and another one where he is dreaming while making a diagnosis, he is almost useless without the people he has to bounce ideas off of. Seems very Ne to me (it will be interesting how well he actually does without a team). I would say the way he does things strongly points to an iNtuitive function in charge not a Thinking function (Cutty on the other hand seems to be lead by Te).

Interaction Style-
    • At first it may seem like he likes being in charge, but I believe her really feels a lot more comfortable knowing Cutty is the boss.
    • Foreman seems like the iconic Chart-the-Course style (and I think is a good INTJ candidate) but it is clear that his style is different from House's more free-flowing style of leading differential diagnosis.
    • The only clear Behind-The-Scenes one on the show was Chase (who I think is an INxP, seminary, UFOs, ...).
    • House's style seems to me to be a Get-Things-Going style, contrasted with Cutty's, Foreman's, and Chase's.
    • Cameron, I am not sure about.

In sum, I am going with ENTP.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Cool, I don't have to make the argument myself!

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Cognitive Function-It may be due to the shows presentation, but if you watch the plane episode where he is trying to make a diagnosis, and another one where he is dreaming while making a diagnosis, he is almost useless without the people he has to bounce ideas off of. Seems very Ne to me (it will be interesting how well he actually does without a team).
    The plane episode is key. He recruited a useless team for no logical reason other than to have an audience to play to.

Extravert!

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd never thought of extraverts as being misanthropic. Cool.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

[*]Foreman seems like the iconic Chart-the-Course style (and I think is a good INTJ candidate) but it is clear that his style is different from House's more free-flowing style of leading differential diagnosis. [*]The only clear Behind-The-Scenes one on the show was Chase (who I think is an INxP, seminary, UFOs, ...).
    Hmm, I've always seen Chase as an ISTP. Definitely T, and he doesn't seem much like the INTPs and INFPs I know. I could also see INTJ.

I would also put House as ENTP for the reasons described above, though he has INTJ tendencies at times.

My guesses for the rest of them:

Cuddy ENfJ
    Cameron IsFJ
    Foreman eNTj
    Wilson IxFx (ISFJ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Hmm, I've always seen Chase as an ISTP. Definitely T, and he doesn't seem much like the INTPs and INFPs I know. I could also see INTJ.

I would also put House as ENTP for the reasons described above, though he has INTJ tendencies at times.

My guesses for the rest of them:

Cuddy ENfJ
    Cameron IsFJ
    Foreman eNTj
    Wilson IxFx (ISFJ?)
    Yeah, I guess Chase could be an ISTP, but he seemed a bit too flaky. Also, he seemed a lot like a male F, trying to seem more T. He is actually a lot like an INFP I know. He was unfortunately also the most flatly drawn character. I base my impressions mainly on God vs. House, the alien chip in the kids neck, the way he reacted to his father's death, and his final relationship with Cameron. I think it shows more Behind-the-Scenes interaction style than Chart-the-Course.

Hmm. I could see Cuddy as an F too (Though, compared to House everyone in the story can seem more F). I think she fits the In-Charge style (ETJ+ESTP+ENFJ) very well (not just because she's in charge). Still, I saw her as an ESTJ, she seemed Guardian in temperament. But I have few real life comparissons.

Cameron seems all over the place. But seemed Idealist in temperament.

Foreman seemed introverted to me. Very Chart-the-Course also, and very Ni (his reason for leaving the team, his reason for learning from House in the first place, and his response to Cameron with regards to friends/collegues). Possibly ENTJ also, but he seemed to be lead by iNtuition, not Thinking.

Wilson-No clue. He didn't remind me of anyone I knew, and I saw no strong preferences of any sort.

Typing is definitely more fun, as a parlor game

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ

Foreman seemed introverted to me. Very Chart-the-Course also, and very Ni (his reason for leaving the team, his reason for learning from House in the first place, and his response to Cameron with regards to friends/collegues). Possibly ENTJ also, but he seemed to be lead by iNtuition, not Thinking.
    The reason I think Foreman is an INTJ is I knew what he was going to do in those instances you describe before he did them - or rather, I knew what I would have done. Not scientific, by any means. I identified with him.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I'd never thought of extraverts as being misanthropic. Cool.
    Actually, misanthropy probably is more of a TJ trait.

xSTJs are more inclined to be misanthropic when they see the "youth" not following traditional protocols.

xNTJs are more misanthropic when observing people mindlessly observing meaningless traditions and acting a certain way because that's how everyone else acts. NTs are cynical by nature. They question the meaning of things, but understanding the value is something a bit harder to do.

NFs will also be more apt to question meanings, but with their people orientation, they understand the value, too.

The difference between E and I misanthropes is that E's are more expressive in their views. I's prefer to avoid conflict.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'll buy Foreman as INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Mmmm fascinating
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss