First 816171819202868 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That was almost as good as a box of chocolates! My hero!
    Errm I think that's a good thing.

Thanks
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Errm I think that's a good thing.

Thanks
    Yes. A box of chocolates is a wonderful thing.

Are you female?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    House is almost definitely NOT an ENTP because there is no ISFJ in it at all.

ENTPs are aware of social norms and have a set of them as principles. If people cross those then they are lambasted and criticised for their lack of awareness of such things. When ENTPs cross those boundaries I've always seen it as being done in full knowledge of what they are doing and a sense of being cheeky by doing it. This is also reflected in the playful side of ISFJs.

Basically what the ENTP supporters are NOT doing is looking beyond the first layer past the skin. House is designed as a complex person and the initial layer is the defence, the second layer is how he presents himself and about two or three layers down is the core of the man.

Like INTJs he crosses societal norms with feigned regret at most but if you watch closely he does regret annoying or upsetting people. His manner of celebrating is over the top like an ESFP which shows his shadow well.

This whole thing about drawing energy off people is also far too black and white. Introverts draw energy off people the same way that extroverts do, just to a lesser extent. You can't site one instance of a person being happy to see people and wanting people about and then jump about singing extrovert it just isn't that simple. If it was then every last person you know is an extrovert because at one time or another they leapt into the air and shouted "yippee look at me I'm great".

I know one ENTP and one INTJ in my regular circle of friends and yes they are similar at points but the ENTP harps on a point to a far greater extent than the INTJ does. In terms of deduction the INTJ is far more likely to go through his thought processes and check the logic of them where as the ENTP will almost fly by the seat of his pants (though externally it can look the same as not too many can see the INTJ's internal processes).

Basically the gaping flaw in the whole "House is an ENTP sez I" is one of letting people alone. An ENTP, even one who didn't like people, would still be attracted to getting involved in other's problems just for the new problem to deal with. An INTJ most often is unbothered by other's problems and situations and will leave people to their own devices. This is precisely what House does. It's not that he doesn't like people, he's just not bothered if they can't see the solution which is often so obvious to him. He doesn't pull solutions out of the air with patients precisely because it's such a challenging field. That's why he's doing it.

The reasoning behind House being an extrovert is flawed for these reasons and the more obvious pattern of introverted behaviour. Function order be damned. Function orders are more difficult to pick up and are less reliable measures of a person than behaviour taken as a whole.
    First of all, the function order is deduced by observing behavior as a whole. It's not like I watched only one episode and saw a little moment that looked ENTP. I've been watching the show for years and seeing him use Ne and Ti since then.

I can topple your entire argument by saying simply that since you use personal experience and try to contrast House with your ENTP friend instead of using the actual science of the system. Forget the online descriptions. They're talking about MOST ENTPs or INTJs. Not all.

Also, everything you've said about ENTPs and INTJs ranges from different to contrary to my experience. That means, that experience isn't the way to decipher these things, because it can be wrong.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    lso, everything you've said about ENTPs and INTJs ranges from different to contrary to my experience. That means, that experience isn't the way to decipher these things, because it can be wrong.
    Have you ever considered writing your own Type test...? It seems like it would be a lot more accurate than MBTI.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Have you ever considered writing your own Type test...? It seems like it would be a lot more accurate than MBTI.
    Yes, but I don't think it would be better. Tests are a joke anyway. People lie. It's easy to ascribe behavioral characteristics that you think are positive. A lot of people (I know because I've seen it happen) will put false answers on tests because they think that somehow it makes it true.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Yes, but I don't think it would be better. Tests are a joke anyway. People lie. It's easy to ascribe behavioral characteristics that you think are positive. A lot of people (I know because I've seen it happen) will put false answers on tests because they think that somehow it makes it true.
    Everything is flawed.
    What makes you arbiter of this subject?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Everything is flawed.
    What makes you arbiter of this subject?
    I study with god.

MBTI
    ISTP

So you are a... behaviouralist typist...? My head hurts. Well, why not, that's what Jung did anyway. Course, it was MBTI that actually created the factors in a structured (and more behavioural way)... Yup, there it is again... my head hurts.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    So you are a... behaviouralist typist...? My head hurts. Well, why not, that's what Jung did anyway. Course, it was MBTI that actually created the factors in a structured (and more behavioural way)... Yup, there it is again... my head hurts.
    I wouldn't have a problem with the tests if people didn't lie to the tests to convince THEMSELVES of things.

Take some advil.

MBTI
    ISTP

I wouldn't have a problem with the tests if people didn't lie to the tests to convince THEMSELVES of things.
    Yah, I guess that's like how I feel about people typing others behaviourally.