• ENTJ

25 6.11%
  • ENTP

153 37.41%
First 614151617182666 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I have enjoyed watched House since the series began! He makes me howl with laughter!

Glad you see the irony in all this.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Thank you. (I thought you were being INTJish)

I'm still learning here!
    These wrong type IDs give me the wrong impression or make me think what I already believe is wrong.
    It gets me all confuzzled!
    So it's hindering analysis? Eh... probably shouldn't be learning to type people through forums, but if it works, why not?

Your little drawing violated my delicate sensibilities,
    but then I had to laugh (the INTJ in me laughed).

You did draw that?
    No I just happened across it on the internet and hot linked it. Ha, no, I'm not quite so clever as to have come up with it, but I was certainly able to see a connection, and what great timing. It was an exaggerated analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No. The most prominent INTJ in my life is my older brother, and he doesn't act like House in a lot of ways.
    I will admit that there are mechanics to the MBTI that I dislike and don't even particularly believe.
    That could make a very big difference in our opinions.
    What parts?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the meaning of J and P are reversed for Introverts.
    What the hell is that for?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the meaning of J and P are reversed for Introverts.
    What the hell is that for?
    J and P doesn't change, it tells what function is extraverted. Js have Te, or Fe, in their first two functions. Ps have Ne or Se, in there.

It's not which one comes first. I think you're thinking like scionics (which has a more logical layout IMO, but fails in other places). Socionics uses J and P to figure out which comes first, and then the name of the function is decided by T/F or N/S respectively and the attitude determined by I or E.

I say, forget MBTI, and look at the cognitive functions. It's basically agreed that House uses intuition as his first function and thinking as his second. Either Ni Te (INTJ) or Ne Ti (ENTP). The attitudes of these functions really are present if you watch the show carefully (with the functions in mind).

See, everyone sees that house is a mean bat who doesn't like people and immediately hug the introvert tree, ignoring that I and E is irrelevant to liking or disliking people. At the same time though, the presence of intuition looms over his personality like an enormously thick raincloud, often storming on the ground (equated to the cases in my analogy) which combined with the cursory assessment leading to introvert brings us to INTJ.

ENTP is the better fit, as I see it, because while he doesn't necessarily enjoy the socializing aspect, he really is fed by people or objects' presence. He draws energy from working with/beside them, where the INTJ does not. INTJ may be able to work with people and objects, but his preference, being introverted is to seclude into the subjective intuition.

Notice that all of House's 'aha!' moments are while he's with other people. This is what's known as extraverted intuition, which will dip into Ti (his analysis of the case) and graft concepts to it, using the energy and ideas generated by and while around people.

Anything that house figures out on his own isn't as profound as the amazing realizations that an INTJ will figure out. He uses deductive reasoning (the definition of which is almost identical to that of Ti) while on his own. You'll see him looking at the white board quite often trying to deduce more and more until he's found a set of rules (all diseases follow rules -- the observable effect this is manifest in symptoms) so he can use those rules to find a more applicable solution.
    Last edited by Nocapszy; 11-26-2007 at 08:21 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    So it's hindering analysis? Eh... probably shouldn't be learning to type people through forums, but if it works, why not?
    Well it's just one way to see types in "action" and to sort of "verify" if I really know my stuff.. I am an INTJ after all. I don't have a lot of interaction with real people.

Like the other person who mentioned something, I haven't been deceived either, but my first reaction is to assume I'm wrong and the type someone put down is right.
    Some people get irritated if you question their type.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well it's just one way to see types in "action" and to sort of "verify" if I really know my stuff.. I am an INTJ after all. I don't have a lot of interaction with real people.

Like the other person who mentioned something, I haven't been deceived either, but my first reaction is to assume I'm wrong and the type someone put down is right.
    Yeah I understand.
    Some people get irritated if you question their type.
    Those people are either unsure of their type, but want to be sure, or they wish to be a certain type, and don't want their bubble in which personal desire is king to be ruptured. One way or another, it's probably safe to say on these forums that it's a bad habit to be in to question people's type... unless you like conflict, in which case trudge on.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah I understand.

Those people are either unsure of their type, but want to be sure, or they wish to be a certain type, and don't want their bubble in which personal desire is king to be ruptured. One way or another, it's probably safe to say on these forums that it's a bad habit to be in to question people's type... unless you like conflict, in which case trudge on.
    I didn't know Ps could be so "black & white" about things.
    You seem to be highly opinionated and definite in your judgments.
    This is normal for ENTPs?

MBTI
    ENTP

I didn't know Ps could be so "black & white" about things.
    You seem to be highly opinionated and definite in your judgments.
    This is normal for ENTPs?
    This is why I hate judging people by single dichotomies. It is the opinion of Ti, that there is only one way of viewing things. Especially seen in NTPs, the users of Ti, will continually combine systems to find THE logical truth.

Ti also is very willing to re-examine its conclusions, but in my case, I confess, I have a hard time allowing anyone else to make me do it.

But yes, it is common and likely for TPs to be stubborn - you're basically just saying I'm stubborn.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

ENTP is the better fit, as I see it, because while he doesn't necessarily enjoy the socializing aspect, he really is fed by people or objects' presence. He draws energy from working with/beside them, where the INTJ does not. INTJ may be able to work with people and objects, but his preference, being introverted is to seclude into the subjective intuition.

Notice that all of House's 'aha!' moments are while he's with other people. This is what's known as {extra}verted intuition, which will dip into Ti (his analysis of the case) and graft concepts to it, using the energy and ideas generated by and while around people.

Anything that house figures out on his own isn't as profound as the amazing realizations that an INTJ will figure out. He uses deductive reasoning (the definition of which is almost identical to that of Ti) while on his own. You'll see him looking at the white board quite often trying to deduce more and more until he's found a set of rules (all diseases follow rules -- the observable effect this is manifest in symptoms) so he can use those rules to find a more applicable solution.
    Beautiful, couldn't have said it better myself. Esp. the part about being with other people (fixed the bolded part).

Still waiting for an INTJ supporter to do this kind of analysis. fiona got fairly close, but leaned too heavily on her own experience.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Beautiful, couldn't have said it better myself. Esp. the part about being with other people (fixed the bolded part).

Still waiting for an INTJ supporter to do this kind of analysis. fiona got fairly close, but leaned too heavily on her own experience.
    Nice save. That would have really thrown a lot of my analysis off.