User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 210111213142262 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 1047

  1. #111
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default What type is House?

    New poll for the old thread, since there was some problem with adding a poll to it. I will merge the threads when the poll is complete. Keep standing by!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  2. #112
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    :rolli: If you were a doctor applying for a spot on House's team, he'd have you fired before the first commercial break with that kind of analysis!

    EEEEEExtravert!
    Yes I know you spell it differently. What's your point?



    Incisive and derisive comments are the trade mark of INTJ humour. INTPs tend to go for the throat less and are less direct about it. ENTJs don't tend to go for people and couldn't be bothered with the whole cloak and dagger approach. ENTPs are more prone to drawing you into a fight where as an INTJ will knock you out of the fight.

    Now House tends to both disect people and use it to push them away. HE discourages argument most of the time. ENTPs like to argue, INTJs don't. This is why House is a J at least. There is no discussion, no argument only his way.

    Extrovert versus Introvert.
    Has House ever raised his voice? Does he laugh out loud? In fact does he engage in any form of expressive behaviour or pursuits? No. In fact the most expressive thing about him is his humour.

    The whole thing about buying flashy walking sticks and such is more indicative of an introvert to me as it is a small styling cue that he concentrates upon where as I'd imagine to an extrovert such a thing would be small in consideration to the wardrobe.

    House never really explains his thinking, which should shout introvert, and he's unconcerned if you understand his grand scheme and appreciate his intellect or not. He's right and that's the end of the discussion. That's INTJ to me.

    Another pointer which I found revelation in was the tendency push friendships. I'm not sure of the motivation or psychology behind it but it's what my INTJ friend does when he has a downer on me. He'll push and almost seem to test if I'll retreat if he's mean to me. That's perfectly represented in House.

    Another factor is the ESFP shadow. Why does a cripple ride a motorcycle? Cause it's fun. Why does an introverted thinker desire an audience sometimes even though he dislikes being surrounded by people? Because sometimes you just have to grandstand.

    The line which I can't recall perfectly but says INTJ to me best is the whole 'patients spoil a doctors job' thing (season 1, fairly early on I think [details]). Now it would make sense to me that this was the statement of an introvert as an extrovert (even a disaffected one) would point the finger at the behaviour of patients or qualify his statement away from the whole "people bad" line but House does not. He instead squarely places the blame on the people themselves as people and not any particular behaviour they are manifesting. That's an introverted thinker.

    Perhaps if you were to expand upon your extrovert theory I may be able to see where your getting it from?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #113
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Yes I know you spell it differently. What's your point?



    Incisive and derisive comments are the trade mark of INTJ humour. INTPs tend to go for the throat less and are less direct about it. ENTJs don't tend to go for people and couldn't be bothered with the whole cloak and dagger approach. ENTPs are more prone to drawing you into a fight where as an INTJ will knock you out of the fight.

    Now House tends to both disect people and use it to push them away. HE discourages argument most of the time. ENTPs like to argue, INTJs don't. This is why House is a J at least. There is no discussion, no argument only his way.

    Extrovert versus Introvert.
    Has House ever raised his voice? Does he laugh out loud? In fact does he engage in any form of expressive behaviour or pursuits? No. In fact the most expressive thing about him is his humour.

    The whole thing about buying flashy walking sticks and such is more indicative of an introvert to me as it is a small styling cue that he concentrates upon where as I'd imagine to an extrovert such a thing would be small in consideration to the wardrobe.

    House never really explains his thinking, which should shout introvert, and he's unconcerned if you understand his grand scheme and appreciate his intellect or not. He's right and that's the end of the discussion. That's INTJ to me.

    Another pointer which I found revelation in was the tendency push friendships. I'm not sure of the motivation or psychology behind it but it's what my INTJ friend does when he has a downer on me. He'll push and almost seem to test if I'll retreat if he's mean to me. That's perfectly represented in House.

    Another factor is the ESFP shadow. Why does a cripple ride a motorcycle? Cause it's fun. Why does an introverted thinker desire an audience sometimes even though he dislikes being surrounded by people? Because sometimes you just have to grandstand.

    The line which I can't recall perfectly but says INTJ to me best is the whole 'patients spoil a doctors job' thing (season 1, fairly early on I think [details]). Now it would make sense to me that this was the statement of an introvert as an extrovert (even a disaffected one) would point the finger at the behaviour of patients or qualify his statement away from the whole "people bad" line but House does not. He instead squarely places the blame on the people themselves as people and not any particular behaviour they are manifesting. That's an introverted thinker.

    Perhaps if you were to expand upon your extrovert theory I may be able to see where your getting it from?
    I do not vexed by Greg but your avatar looks like a bland ISTJ.

    Too bland.

  4. #114
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I do not vexed by Greg but your avatar looks like a bland ISTJ.

    Too bland.
    Try digging up some Cracker episodes my feline friend. You'll soon find the cream in that picture.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    98

    Default House's dysfunctionality

    I noticed that in the first few seasons, House - Dr. Gregory House - was all about the problem. He was rude, he was impatient, he was asocial, and he barked at people, but he didn't play the kind of games he's playing now. When did that change?

    A while back, Cuddy and the ducklings decided that House had to be 'reformed'. That because (in classic INTJ fashion) he cared more about the problem than the patient, he had to be made (God help us) "more human" - i.e. brought to care about the patient. They even faked a result to make him think he had failed rather than succeeded, in order to (again, God help us) "teach him humility."

    If there's anything more calculated to drive an NT into flaming rebellion and sabotage, I have not yet discovered it. And he's still fighting that war.

    On top of that, someone sicced the narcs on him and he nearly went to prison. Realistically, in today's climate, he would have. He got out of it because Cuddy played a card that would have turned any NT's stomach unless he was able to see it as simple strategy and enjoy putting one over on the narcs.

    Then his old team quit en masse for fear of turning into him!

    Ever since that season, House has been doing such things as setting up his new ducklings to get their hands on Cuddy's panties against her will and playing "Survivor: ER" with them. Has anybody else noticed how close this is to "We are on strike"?

    Pat, INTP

  6. #116
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Damn, I forgot to make the poll public so I could cut my eyes at everyone who disagrees with me.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  7. #117
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Damn, I forgot to make the poll public so I could cut my eyes at everyone who disagrees with me.
    Eww!! No cutting eyes. No cutting eyes!!!

    Where do you get such ideas from?


    (I voted INTJ [as if you couldn't have guessed] if that helps)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  8. #118
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Eww!! No cutting eyes. No cutting eyes!!!

    Where do you get such ideas from?


    (I voted INTJ [as if you couldn't have guessed] if that helps)
    Maybe it's an American expression, it just means to narrow one's eyes in the direction of another.

    I cut my eyes in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  9. #119
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe it's an American expression, it just means to narrow one's eyes in the direction of another.

    I cut my eyes in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
    Well close on the first count but really you should recheck your definition of Pacco Roban

    I think you'll find the common conversion would be giving someone "daggers".

    Fancy saying you'll cut your eyes. That's just silly!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  10. #120
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Perhaps if you were to expand upon your extrovert theory I may be able to see where your getting it from?
    Two episodes illustrate why he is an extravert:

    Episode #64 "Airborne": He recruits three passengers that superficially resemble his team. Why? Certainly not for their medical expertise. They are an audience to bounce ideas off, and to hear himself think. Extravert.

    Episode #71 "Alone": I'll let Wilson make my case for me: "You were bouncing ideas off a janitor!!" Extravert.

    As Cuddy told him in that episode, he needs a team. Even one where he just dismisses their ideas out of hand.

    I too thought he was an introvert for the first season or so. But that has not proven itself out. The past two seasons have been such exquiste representations of NeTi at work.

    ENTP.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO