User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 35393101102103104105 Last

Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1047

  1. #1021
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    I like your tritype on House can't say I disagree at the moment.
    I'm glad. It's kind of obvious really though, except for the possibility of him being 7w8.

    No I don't expect anyone to give up.
    I've long since accepted the unbridgeable gap of these divides.
    This is more like a study for me.
    No one should expect it. It is like a study for me as well which is why I'm carrying it on.

    Your take on cognitive functions seem very misapplied in my view.
    Everybody says he is bouncing ideas off of his collegues.
    So what?
    To me it seems more like a Te gathering of info from his team.
    Cause although he know a lot he doesn't know everything.
    So he sucks them dry of info.
    And I say "so what?" to your view of his supposed use of Te. This is just an example of what I was saying in my previous post. Someone says "Oh, that behavior means this function," and the next says "No, it is actually evidential for this function."

    Foreman uses Te. Te is collective logic. This is logic everyone agrees on and works around. That's why Foreman brings up sensible routes to take when trying to diagnose, because that's what the book says. It's the logic and rules everyone has learnt. House ignores him, as per, because he has Ti.

    But when it comes to actually do something well that is very Te and Se based.
    He wants results. And they deal with Te and Se object in other words facts and objects that can be sensed.
    He doesn't want results per se - not 'Te results' anyway. He wants to figure out the truth, as if a patient is a puzzle to solve. He doesn't necessarily care if they die, or if they are healthy. A couple of episodes, the patient became healthy before he figured it out, and he forced them to stay so he could figure it out. If he was Te orientated, he'd probably just want to make sure they live, because that's his job.

    His Ni knows that is the object is sick then there will be an underlying condition.
    So all he is about is pinpointing how he can rearrange the objects to make the patients healthy again.
    How is that anything to do with Ni specifically?

    His Te/Fi is very apparent, cause the way he clashes with Wilsons Fe/Ti.
    Wilson and House can't see eye to eye on certain things, especially morality.
    To House his Fe strikes him as putting on a show, to pretend to like someone.
    House points this out in many of the conversations with his different staff members.
    Why are you reffering this too me? And they will have different Fe and Fi reasons for doing so.
    I loved the episode where Wilson wouldn't treat the homeless girl with rabies and House took it since he found it facinating that Wilson wouldn't.
    Wilson had put her squarly into the camp of the others.
    Well, House is a misanthrope, what do you expect?

    Your Ne can't consider my Se perspective as relevant as it is viewed as a joke.
    Just as I view your Ne views as a joke.

    I found it so amusing when my INFP ex had magical and totally misguided views on how basic things around us worked.
    And how objects just disapeared for her and she would never find them or knock them over.
    From a Se stance she was almost a bit "retarded" in that sense.
    I don't view your 'Se perspective' as a joke, whatever that may be. Just that it's just one viewpoint vs another, and the very nature of viewpoints is that neither is right or wrong.

    But her take on idealistic objects, like the Israel/Palestinian conflicts, oh she had views and it was so real to her.
    To me I'm like meh, that shit is so far away and is just a bunch of people being dumb as usual.
    No reason to pick "sides" or to condemn one label over the other in a war.
    Both sides are cruel and inhuman for even fighting it.
    That's ironic.

    Okay so I've said that and you'll say something and there'll inevitably be more things said but there's no point because it's all about perspective.

  2. #1022
    Member hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I'm glad.
    I was aiming for that.

    It's kind of obvious really though, except for the possibility of him being 7w8.
    Yeah that is kinda a difficult thing, I'm not good enough on the Enneagram to tell.


    And I say "so what?" to your view of his supposed use of Te. This is just an example of what I was saying in my previous post. Someone says "Oh, that behavior means this function," and the next says "No, it is actually evidential for this function."

    Foreman uses Te. Te is collective logic. This is logic everyone agrees on and works around. That's why Foreman brings up sensible routes to take when trying to diagnose, because that's what the book says. It's the logic and rules everyone has learnt. House ignores him, as per, because he has Ti.
    By this you mean Ti users can't qoute facts from books?
    Ti is more advanced than Te. Hence whatever Te can do Ti can do too.
    It just strikes Ti as very narrowminded to only consider the facts. Facts are easy, but Ti likes to think outside the facts.
    Ti likes to keep things efficient, often optimizing things for the sake of optimizing them.
    Hence the sensible route approach, this will get us from A to B most effectively IMO.
    Results are measured in a Fe frame, if everyone in our group is happy afterward it is a good result.
    House is more concerned with his inner Fi value evaluation of things.
    Saying things like "Am I the only one who cares if this kid dies or not, when others gets derailed over his Pill withdrawal."
    Ti wouldn't give a fuck about his life unless Fe thought it would mess up the atmosphere.
    We all know House doesn't care about the atmosphere, hence his inner Fi guides his approach.

    He doesn't want results per se - not 'Te results' anyway. He wants to figure out the truth, as if a patient is a puzzle to solve. He doesn't necessarily care if they die, or if they are healthy. A couple of episodes, the patient became healthy before he figured it out, and he forced them to stay so he could figure it out. If he was Te orientated, he'd probably just want to make sure they live, because that's his job.
    The truth seeking is more an 8 frame actually.
    Ti don't care about truth really, it cares about logic that balances out, if truth has to suffer, so be it.
    Who cares about the facts when we can start from such a beautiful frame of I think therefore I am.
    No need to even consider the object, all we need is to work ourself logically and subjectively from that point.
    That is Ti in essence.
    If you think Ti want honesty...
    Well you are in for a rude awakening buddy. Ti don't give a shit about honesty in and of himself.

    How is that anything to do with Ni specifically?
    Ni and Se is two sides of the same coin.
    All Ni patterns derive from Se observation of objects. House is on this axis as he clearly operate in the objective realm of sensation.
    And draws patterns out of these observations. Ni is sort of a simulation predicting how Se objects would interact in an ideal world.
    House factors in all the Te collective info he has available and run an Ni simulation following Se rules based on his personal sensation experiences.
    He is no stranger to using Se manipulation of objects to get his way.
    Si finds this quite distasteful and over the top.

    Well, House is a misanthrope, what do you expect?
    I find that label quite useless actually, it doesn't really inform me at all to give him such a stamp.
    Just as it doesn't really help to label people as say morons or idiots.
    It is just a value judgment on your part, on him, with you thinking that his actions means that he hates humanity.

    I don't view your 'Se perspective' as a joke, whatever that may be. Just that it's just one viewpoint vs another, and the very nature of viewpoints is that neither is right or wrong.
    Haha well maybe not, but then you would be a mistype.
    I've yet to see an INFP who didn't freak out over having to deal with the reality of Se.
    Se applied becomes a pressure in the realm of sensation that you guys feel is just a trick or a bad joke.
    You resent it so much that whenever the topic comes up you skirt it.
    Se is the attitude that objectifies people btw. :p
    House getting captivated by the Se reality of womens bodies are quite shall we say convincing for someone who is Se inf.

    That's ironic.
    How so?

    Okay so I've said that and you'll say something and there'll inevitably be more things said but there's no point because it's all about perspective.
    Yup and there are 8 of these perspectives basically and 9 motivations.
    And I won't budge you,
    cause you have your modell somewhat twisted out of the original Se shape trough the intermediary of Si and then shapeshifted it into Ne.
    Se/Ni doesn't speak to your sense of reality, but it certainly does to mine.

  3. #1023
    Member hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    I just saw a scene in house that made me rethink his whole type a bit.
    I can maybe entertain that he is an ENFP in a heavy Ne/Te loop.
    There is no Ti in him, but I'm willing to accept that his intuition could be based on Ne.
    But I'm not saying that he must be, only that it wouldn't break with my understanding of the system.
    I've struggled to accept his way to extroverted stance as an INTJ. Chalking it up to only 8 doesn't do it for me.

    Edit:
    Mostly he acts like an INTJ though. So the damaged ENFP theory is a streach.

  4. #1024
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    hard to say. He's got that quality you find in unhappy cynnical ENTPs. I'll go with INTP because of that rigid Ti posture, and viewing everything as a puzzle to be solved, and nothing more.

    INTJ's, believe it or not, tend to look more welcoming and friendly than INTPs, even though INTPs are really cool cats.

  5. #1025
    Chaser of Light Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    818

    Default

    @hornet A misunderstanding it would seem, the part about DSM was a multi-layered joke and not directed at you. Your right DSM is based on observable traits, which is perfect for a television show. But if you were to sit down and check off the possible mental health issues, you would be framing House in a negative and unflattering light. Which considering that typing him is essentially an ego boost and idolisation; it would be self-defeating.

    I have no boat in this race though I simply find it amusing that House is the typology equivalent of starting a thread about religion; destined to be a cyclical flame war.
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”

  6. #1026
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    I didn't even know I voted in this thread. My choice was ENTP and I agree with my past self.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  7. #1027
    Member hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    @hornet A misunderstanding it would seem, the part about DSM was a multi-layered joke and not directed at you. Your right DSM is based on observable traits, which is perfect for a television show. But if you were to sit down and check off the possible mental health issues, you would be framing House in a negative and unflattering light. Which considering that typing him is essentially an ego boost and idolisation; it would be self-defeating.

    I have no boat in this race though I simply find it amusing that House is the typology equivalent of starting a thread about religion; destined to be a cyclical flame war.
    Yeah, I'm not that invested in it either.
    Not enough to feel the need to start a flamewar over it at least.

    I've been watching it more and I guess I'm starting to see some of the points you guys have been making.
    It became really obvious in the episode where he joined the father and son doctors together just to see how the dynamic would unfold.
    That was certainly not an INTJ way to do things. But a more Ne/Fe loop thing.
    I guess ENTP is quite possible, need to rethink this a bit before I make a final verdic.
    Watch more of the series basically.
    I'm a bit surprised I missed this, but on the other hand, knowing the way I typed him...
    Not so much.
    It is easy to believe that the type one has decided for someone is the right one trough confirmation bias.

  8. #1028
    Junior Member elliefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I reckon ENTP (quite similar to myself) because he is more of an extroverted thinker than an introverted thinker and he also has the tendency to be outspoken rather than 'lost in his thoughts' like the INTP. I also reckon he's too chaotic to be a judger so there we go: ENTP :3

  9. #1029
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    I've been watching it more and I guess I'm starting to see some of the points you guys have been making.
    It became really obvious in the episode where he joined the father and son doctors together just to see how the dynamic would unfold.
    That was certainly not an INTJ way to do things. But a more Ne/Fe loop thing.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, the writers appear to be INFJ. This is what INFJs would do. The whole series is about the unfolding of personal dynamics. That's why House's insights appear to be primarily Ni-driven: it matches the INFJ understanding of intuition. He ends up being (mostly) INTJ, however, because the INFJs write him to be utterly dismissive of feelings.

    Every once in a while, though, he pokes at personal foibles in a way that only INFJs would think of, just to see the reaction, and that can lead to the conclusion that he's ENTP, since only tert Fe would suffice to explain that, what with the overwhelming NT vibe House gives off.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  10. #1030
    Member hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    ESI
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    As I mentioned in a previous post, the writers appear to be INFJ. This is what INFJs would do. The whole series is about the unfolding of personal dynamics. That's why House's insights appear to be primarily Ni-driven: it matches the INFJ understanding of intuition. He ends up being (mostly) INTJ, however, because the INFJs write him to be utterly dismissive of feelings.

    Every once in a while, though, he pokes at personal foibles in a way that only INFJs would think of, just to see the reaction, and that can lead to the conclusion that he's ENTP, since only tert Fe would suffice to explain that, what with the overwhelming NT vibe House gives off.
    But if he was going to be utterly dismissive of feeling I'd pick ENTJ over INTJ.
    As of now the only two types I can see him as is ENTP and ENTJ.

    Now sure when you have writers trying to fit good ideas into this you get differences.
    I found House to feel a bit more NTJish before House had a bet with the hospital director (keep forgetting her name)
    about him trying to go without his painpills. After he got told by one of the doctors in his office that you have changed.
    He started to manifest much more NTP qualities.
    Maybe cause I was starting to consider NTP qualities at that time.

    I don't like to say either, and my doubt right now indicate that I'm personally is in a 6ish disintegration.
    My life is falling apart on many levels basically and all I care about is what type House has.
    How ironic...

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO