User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is House?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    74 18.09%
  • INTJ

    121 29.58%
  • INFP

    2 0.49%
  • INFJ

    2 0.49%
  • ISTP

    4 0.98%
  • ISTJ

    4 0.98%
  • ISFP

    2 0.49%
  • ISFJ

    5 1.22%
  • ESFJ

    6 1.47%
  • ESFP

    5 1.22%
  • ESTJ

    3 0.73%
  • ESTP

    1 0.24%
  • ENFJ

    1 0.24%
  • ENFP

    1 0.24%
  • ENTJ

    25 6.11%
  • ENTP

    153 37.41%
First 891011122060 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 1047

  1. #91
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    He's not. Do you seriously see any J in him? If you do you're not looking hard enough.
    Not being personally familiar with the series, can you elaborate on the character a bit?

    What aspect of his personality seems decidedly P, and not J to you?

  2. #92
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Night, it might be a bad idea to do this through description.
    It's already hard enough as is.

    And why do you claim to be an ESFJ?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #93
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Night, it might be a bad idea to do this through description.
    It's already hard enough as is.

    You are probably correct. I looked up a description of the character, and he seems INTx. Not sure, given my lack of exposure, as to the final carving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    And why do you claim to be an ESFJ?
    Because I don't agree with many of the stereotypes attached to MBTI classification schemes. I find that people limit their perceptual acuity to the anticipated profile traits, once Type is identified.

    I think my (approximate) MBTI is probably evident. Maybe not.

  4. #94
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not being personally familiar with the series, can you elaborate on the character a bit?

    What aspect of his personality seems decidedly P, and not J to you?
    I'd rather not describe him by use of a single dichotomy.

    His consistent rule breaking, procrastination, willingness and aptitude toward reconsidering his conclusions, and the oneuping/challenging nature of him strikes me as far one the NTP scale. E, because he's so confident in his intuition, which is not the case of the INTJ or INTP. Or at least the INTJ doesn't show it off.

    Like I've said before, you don't have to be extraverted to be E. You just have to favor the object world instead of the inner world. House does.

    Seriously watch the show and look for the Ne. It's very evident. Unless one is unfamiliar with Ne's proceedings.

  5. #95
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    His consistent rule breaking, procrastination, willingness and aptitude toward reconsidering his conclusions, and the oneuping/challenging nature of him strikes me as far one the NTP scale. E, because he's so confident in his intuition, which is not the case of the INTJ or INTP. Or at least the INTJ doesn't show it off.
    Would you say these are the primary qualities that make his character so appealing?

  6. #96
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Would you say these are the primary qualities that make his character so appealing?
    For television yes. It's interesting. I don't know if anyone listens to Tool but in the song "vicarious" he outlines (quite incisively in my opinion) that people live the dangerous parts of their lives through television. I think it's a little more broad than that. Comic books and movies should definitely be included. I don't know if there are any empirical studies done on this, (which is why I say his incisiveness is opinionated) but I think it's true. People invest themselves in TV shows that include adverse or overly heroic character because they get to experience the "wildly-intelligent, wildly-mean wildly wild wildly-whatever" parts of life that they're too scared to go out and try for themselves. Musing at it as it flashes across the screen is enough for these people. It's just enough to keep them satisfied, which keeps them showing up at their jobs.

    Call me a conspiracy theorist (really I don't mind) but I'd put money on the business owners having undisclosed psychological studies showing that people are more likely to be obedient if they have some outlet where they can get their "wild-side" through. It would certainly explain the recent influx of such shows as survivor, survivorman, mythbusters... all the other reality shows... anything where danger is involved. Pretending is close enough to experimentation for most people, and I'd bet at least SOME of what is going on on TV lately is thanks to someone capitalizing on that aspect of psychology. Keep's them showing up at their jobs.

    Unfortunately, these shows cause people's experimenting ability and drive flushes it down the toilet like it were mini wheats or something. It's where this hypochondriac mentality came from. Now everyone stays at home for a quiet evening in, or a safe drug free night out, (which isn't bad in and of itself) because of stifled desire for new experience. Humans are naturally timid creatures (thank you, evolution). This shit just makes it worse.

    But who am I to critique the system? I participate. Though, because of my awareness of the above, I try to avoid the suppressing effect these shows might have on my curiosity.

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    He's not. Do you seriously see any J in him? If you do you're not looking hard enough.
    Well, he makes very quick assessments based on very little information. That is a -J- trait.

    House--that is if we're really talking about House--is probably an INFJ.

  8. #98
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Well, he makes very quick assessments based on very little information. That is a -J- trait.

    House--that is if we're really talking about House--is probably an INFJ.
    It doesn't have to be a J trait. Just because you don't HEAR or SEE the information doesn't mean that he hasn't made the connections in his head. One thing you have to keep in mind about intuition is, it's all fabricated through inferences, expressed or not. He might be taking in more information than you can understand being an S.

    And like I've said, people shouldn't be categorized on a single dichotomy. J for NFJ is COMPLETELY different from NTJ's version of J. Just like P is different for NTPs than SFPs etc.

  9. #99
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Let me guess ... All the INTJs think House is an INTJ, all the ENTJs think he is an ENTJ, all the ENTPs think he is an ENTP and all the INTPs think he is an INTP. As an INTJ I am of course voting for INTJ.
    I think he's an ENTP.

  10. #100
    GirlAmerica
    Guest

    Default

    I usually dont watch much TV, however I was in the E.R. the other night with a friend for over 6 hours. This show came on. Not only is it full of bad acting and dramatic lighting...that main character is annoying as hell.

Similar Threads

  1. What type is Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. What type is Falcarius the dinosaur?
    By Falcarius in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  3. What type is Dr. House?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
  4. What type is he?
    By Climber07 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
  5. What type is the most pedantic?
    By Kiddo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO