• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Miscellaneous 18th Century figures

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dr Samuel Johnson: ESTJ
Pepys: ESTJ
Pope: INTJ
Swift: INTJ
Gay: ENFP
Earl of Rochester: ESTP
Defoe: ENFP
Richardson: ISFJ
Fielding: ENTP
Thomas Gray: INFP

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Haven't read him but would love to know his type.

I've read "Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy Gentleman" (one of my favourite books) and I'm positive about the Ne. The whole book screams Ne, actually, so I'd say it could very well be his dominant function. I also see little evidence of Fi and lots of evidence of Ti, so I'd say ENTP would be a good fit.

I'd have to read it again though to rule out other Ne types, because as far as I can remember the only people other than me who could fully appreciate how brilliant and hilarious this book is were another two INFPs and one ENFP. I still think an NT is more likely than an NF, though - I could thoroughly identify with the style and sense of humor, but I don't think an NF would so blatantly leave their work without any message; so obviously make fun of the reader. Perhaps NFPs in particular can detect and appreciate this paradox, though.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Napoleon Bonaparte: ENTJ

Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington: ESTJ

Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre: INTJ?

Field Marshal Michel Ney: INTJ

Wolfe Tone: INTP

Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher of Wahlstatt: ENTJ

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
These are good, let's keep the ball rolling!

Voltaire: ENTP

S

Sniffles

Napoleon Bonaparte: ENTJ

Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington: ESTJ

Maximilien François Marie Isidore de Robespierre: INTJ?

Field Marshal Michel Ney: INTJ

Wolfe Tone: INTP

Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher of Wahlstatt: ENTJ

What, no Frederick the Great?
[youtube="BXDAPEUEEdI"]march of Frederick the Great[/youtube]

Theodor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Charles XII of Sweden: ISTP

A reserved soldier king who dressed and lived as his soldiers during the military campaigns that would spawn his short life. He was also a great tactian, but sucked at general strategy i.e. he won spectacular victories in battle, but made stupid political decisions.