Thread: Rod Serling

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Default Rod Serling

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of mans fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Serling was an ENFP, in my professional opinion. This is probably the most common type for sci fi TV directors and creators that Serling influenced and blazed the trail for, including Chris Carter and JJ Abrams.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the casethen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default What type was Rod Serling from the "Twilight Zone"

What was Rod Serling's mbti type? I saw him as an intuition dom, and I saw him as having Fi and Te. I could see him as an INTJ or an ENFP. What do you guys think?

I'm a big fan, very familiar with his work, and have read his biography.

All indications are of a strong intuitive extrovert with amazing Fi, so I conclude ENFP.

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Why Fi? (Just curious. I'm an avid TZ fan too.)
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Why Fi? (Just curious. I'm an avid TZ fan too.)
    Well he's certainly not Fe.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Well he's certainly not Fe.
    Because?

eta: I mean I can see why someone would say he’s not Fe if Fe operated in exclusion- because there’s a strong sense of morality that pervades his stories which exposes the faults of common morality as lacking in many ways, which runs contrary to the standard definition of ‘Fe’- but Fe does not operate in exclusion. Fe or Fi do not accurately predict how much consideration a person ultimately puts into morality- any more than Te or Ti predict how much critical thought a person is ultimately capable of. It doesn’t predict a conclusion, it only predicts the process a person is likely to use in reaching that conclusion. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone has a more substantial reason for guessing Fi than just the strong moral undertones of his stories (which says NF to me more than Fe or Fi). I haven’t read his biography, I know practically nothing about what he was like as a person- all I personally have to go on is his writing (which reflects the kinds of conclusions he came to- but not the means by which he arrived at those conclusions).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Because?

eta: I mean I can see why someone would say he’s not Fe if Fe operated in exclusion- because there’s a strong sense of morality that pervades his stories which exposes the faults of common morality as lacking in many ways, which runs contrary to the standard definition of ‘Fe’- but Fe does not operate in exclusion. Fe or Fi do not accurately predict how much consideration a person ultimately puts into morality- any more than Te or Ti predict how much critical thought a person is ultimately capable of. It doesn’t predict a conclusion, it only predicts the process a person is likely to use in reaching that conclusion. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone has a more substantial reason for guessing Fi than just the strong moral undertones of his stories (which says NF to me more than Fe or Fi). I haven’t read his biography, I know practically nothing about what he was like as a person- all I personally have to go on is his writing (which reflects the kinds of conclusions he came to- but not the means by which he arrived at those conclusions).
    Fi makes it's own moral values, Fe tends to take on the moral values that was bestowed to them as a child.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Fi makes it's own moral values, Fe tends to take on the moral values that was bestowed to them as a child.
    Interesting. (I’d ask if you even read my post- in which I already explained how that understanding of cognitive functions is oversimplistic doesn't play out in reality- but I guess it doesn’t really matter.)