• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rod Serling

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Serling was an ENFP, in my professional opinion. This is probably the most common type for sci fi TV directors and creators that Serling influenced and blazed the trail for, including Chris Carter and JJ Abrams.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What type was Rod Serling from the "Twilight Zone"

What was Rod Serling's mbti type? I saw him as an intuition dom, and I saw him as having Fi and Te. I could see him as an INTJ or an ENFP. What do you guys think?

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a big fan, very familiar with his work, and have read his biography.

All indications are of a strong intuitive extrovert with amazing Fi, so I conclude ENFP.

bodOG.jpg

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why Fi? (Just curious. I'm an avid TZ fan too.)

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well he's certainly not Fe.

Because?

eta: I mean I can see why someone would say he’s not Fe if Fe operated in exclusion- because there’s a strong sense of morality that pervades his stories which exposes the faults of common morality as lacking in many ways, which runs contrary to the standard definition of ‘Fe’- but Fe does not operate in exclusion. Fe or Fi do not accurately predict how much consideration a person ultimately puts into morality- any more than Te or Ti predict how much critical thought a person is ultimately capable of. It doesn’t predict a conclusion, it only predicts the process a person is likely to use in reaching that conclusion. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone has a more substantial reason for guessing Fi than just the strong moral undertones of his stories (which says NF to me more than Fe or Fi). I haven’t read his biography, I know practically nothing about what he was like as a person- all I personally have to go on is his writing (which reflects the kinds of conclusions he came to- but not the means by which he arrived at those conclusions).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Because?

eta: I mean I can see why someone would say he’s not Fe if Fe operated in exclusion- because there’s a strong sense of morality that pervades his stories which exposes the faults of common morality as lacking in many ways, which runs contrary to the standard definition of ‘Fe’- but Fe does not operate in exclusion. Fe or Fi do not accurately predict how much consideration a person ultimately puts into morality- any more than Te or Ti predict how much critical thought a person is ultimately capable of. It doesn’t predict a conclusion, it only predicts the process a person is likely to use in reaching that conclusion. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone has a more substantial reason for guessing Fi than just the strong moral undertones of his stories (which says NF to me more than Fe or Fi). I haven’t read his biography, I know practically nothing about what he was like as a person- all I personally have to go on is his writing (which reflects the kinds of conclusions he came to- but not the means by which he arrived at those conclusions).

Fi makes it's own moral values, Fe tends to take on the moral values that was bestowed to them as a child.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi makes it's own moral values, Fe tends to take on the moral values that was bestowed to them as a child.

Interesting. (I’d ask if you even read my post- in which I already explained how that understanding of cognitive functions is oversimplistic doesn't play out in reality- but I guess it doesn’t really matter.)