• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Carl Rogers

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've studied his work and writing. He strikes me as an INF. It's funny how much trouble I have delineating between those two types when they use different functions. His philosophy is humanistic and centered on the individual. He believes each person is ultimately the expert of their own life and the purpose of counseling is to draw out that inner understanding of what the individual desires for their life by engaging them in empathy and using techniques that mirror back their words to help structure their thoughts so they can discover their true inner intent. It is the very epitome of non-judgment and non-intrusion.

Depending on which INF type is the most thoroughly free of imposing external judgment on others, who can abandon personal preferences in respect of others, and who functions at their best in empathy, and who can hold onto idealism that the individual is ultimately good, would be the type that he is. I identify strongly with his theories although have an underlying fear that the reality of the individual might not be as ideal. I hope for it and maintain the same ideal of respect that each individual is doing their best with whatever they have encountered and have been given.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I am on one of the NFP-typen myself, but if he is an ENFP, he is the most solemn ENFP I have ever seen

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He is probably an INFP if I have to venture a specific guess.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am on one of the NFP-typen myself, but if he is an ENFP, he is the most solemn ENFP I have ever seen

I agree, his voice is sort of dry, and his words are quite formal. He's also quite uncertain, he's probably taking care to pick out the best wording. He wants to be real... that's about as Fi as it gets. Most certainly INFP.