Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Is Jess a e3? I was hoping you'd have watched this show. Still not sure since your input in this thread hasn't been about anyone from the show.
    very well
    Light: INTJ 3w4>5w6>1w9 Sp/Sx
    L: INTP 5w?>9w?>4w5 Sp/Sx
    Misa: ESFP 2w3 or 7w6>8w7 Sx/So
    Ryuk: ISTP 7w8>9w8>4w5 Sp/Sx
    Soichiro: ?STJ 1w?>6w5>3w2 Sp/So
    Matsuda: ENFP 6w7>9w1>2w1 So/Sx
    Mello: ESFP 3w?>8w7>7w8 Sx/So
    Near: INTJ 5w6>1w9>3w4 Sp/??
    Watari: INFJ 9w1>5w6>2w1 Sp/So
    Kiyomi: INTJ 1w9>3w4>6w7 Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    I'm really loving this show so far. Anyone have any thoughts about the characters' types? These are just some shots in the dark to get the ball rolling.

Jeff - ENTP
    Shirley - ESFJ
    Troy - ESTP
    Britta - xNFP
    Abed - xNxP
    Annie - xxFJ
    Pierce - ESTx
    Se�or Chang � ExTP
    Dean Pelton � ExFx
    Jeff ENTP
    Shirley ESFJ
    Troy ESFP
    Britta ISFP counterphobic e6
    Abed INTP
    Annie ISFJ
    Pierce ESTP
    Senor Chang ExTP (Hard to call on crazie's)
    Dean Pelton ENFP maybe?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    very well
    Light: INTJ 3w4>5w6>1w9 Sp/Sx
    L: INTP 5w?>9w?>4w5 Sp/Sx
    Misa: ESFP 2w3 or 7w6>8w7 Sx/So
    Ryuk: ISTP 7w8>9w8>4w5 Sp/Sx
    Soichiro: ?STJ 1w?>6w5>3w2 Sp/So
    Matsuda: ENFP 6w7>9w1>2w1 So/Sx
    Mello: ESFP 3w?>8w7>7w8 Sx/So
    Near: INTJ 5w6>1w9>3w4 Sp/??
    Watari: INFJ 9w1>5w6>2w1 Sp/So
    Kiyomi: INTJ 1w9>3w4>6w7 Sx/Sp
    Thank you elfboy for your time as always. However this is not a death note thread and i am confused as to how you got confused.

Sometimes i have go remember that you are an enfp and these type of mistakes aren't uncommon for them .

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Jeff ENTP
    Shirley ESFJ
    Troy ESFP
    Britta ISFP counterphobic e6
    Abed INTP
    Annie ISFJ
    Pierce ESTP
    Senor Chang ExTP (Hard to call on crazie's)
    Dean Pelton ENFP maybe?
    Shirley is an introvert (isfj) and annie is an extrovert (enfj). If you aren't still in the first season you would have noticed by now that annie has the classic save the community attitude influenced by her 'idealism' through active participation and setting good example to others. If she was an isfj she wouldn't be this active and influential - unless she is an e1 - and if she was trying to save the community it would be due to a sense of duty and a firm belief of how things should be. She of course isn't driven by the latter.

Compare her to that disgusting shirley. She is a classic example of a person 'concerned' about the community due to having beliefs of how things should be (sj). Regarding shirley she is too socially incompetent to be an esfj.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Riva
    you quoted a comment I made about L, so I thought you were talking about Death Note (I was confused too given the thread title lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Jeff: ESTP (more se than ne when you think about it. A classic ESTP con artist)
    Abed: INTP (Obviously)
    Troy: ENFP (Shows his ne with Abed)
    Pierce: ISTP (Inferior fe is clear)
    Britta: ENFJ (Fe-Ni-Se-Ti fits her perfectly)
    Shirley: ISFJ (creds to Riva. Passive Agressiveness is such an ISFJ thing)
    Annie: ESFJ (seems more si than ni. Shows her extroversion in later seasons)

Dean Pelton: ENFJ (more fe than anything else. His insecurity shouldn't be mistaken for introversion)
    Chang: Whacked Out ESTJ (too much of a power tripper for ESTP)
    Duncan: INTJ works

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Emotionalogic View Post
    Jeff: ESTP (more se than ne when you think about it. A classic ESTP con artist)
    Abed: INTP (Obviously)
    Troy: ENFP (Shows his ne with Abed)
    Pierce: ISTP (Inferior fe is clear)
    Britta: ENFJ (Fe-Ni-Se-Ti fits her perfectly)
    Shirley: ESFJ (Obviously)
    Annie: ISFJ (seems more si than ni)

Dean Pelton: ESFJ (more fe than si. His insecurity shouldn't be mistaken for introversion)
    Chang: Whacked Out ESTJ (too much of a power tripper for ESTP)
    Duncan: INTJ works
    Wow that's a lot of bad typing. I am disappointed. I had standards for you.

:p

However you could be right about jeff. Maybe if i can get his enneagram and instinctual variant typed i'll be able to type his mbti type properly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Wow that's a lot of bad typing. I am disappointed. I had standards for you.

:p

However you could be right about jeff. Maybe if i can get his enneagram and instinctual variant typed i'll be able to type his mbti type properly.
    Maybe if you actually tell me which typings you disagree with I might take your criticism more seriously. As for Jeff, I think 9w8 sp/so, but he could be 6w7. The Enneagram isn't my strong suit.

Riva

First of all @Within thank you so much for recommending this show. I love it and you are awesome.

Jeff - ENTP (Enneagram 7 maybe?)
    Britta - ISFP
    Troy - ESxP < ESTP
    Abed - IXXP ( Hard to type him because he is an obvious aspie.)
    Chan - Sociopath (So it is best not to type him.)
    Pierce - not sure
    Shirley - ISFJ
    Annie - ESFJ

I am so sorry to be dragging all of you here but I really needed to say that -

(1)

Shirley - ISFJ not ESFJ (Shirley is an introvert)
    Annie - ESFJ not ISFJ (Annie is an extrovert)

I've noticed that most have typed Shirley as an ESFJ and Annie as an ISFJ. This is probably because there are two SFJs in the group and Annie seems to be the shy one and Shirley the confident one.

Yes Shirley is the disgusting bitch who tries to guilt trip everyone but she does it passively in an introverted manner, whereas Annie forces people to do things. Annie has her ideals and is ready to go down with the ship and she users force, much like an ExxJ would. Besides Annie is driven and ambitious the same way a stereotypical ESxJ would, has suffered teenage issues and is still recovering from them (which gives her an introverted vibe), whereas Shirley isn't forceful at all and her confidence (passive aggressive manipulation) is focused only on the group.

And if I am still not believable do a comparison between Shirley with Annie and tell me who the introvert and the extrovert is.

Sometimes it is better to simply stick with the basics (JTI and the E Vs I difference) than to complicate things.

(2)

And to beg you/Raz to please stay away from typing, probably for the rest of his life. I do however envy your dedication (research) to this one post. So please do not come to a decision based entirely on my recommendation.
    Loved that episode.

I'm beginning to think Annie is an ENFJ.
    I change my initial typing of Annie from ESFJ to ENFJ. She is so idealistic it's hard to ignore. Her law abiding nature is more of a do the right thing and be sympathetic Fe function than a SJ trait as I initially assumed.

Is Jess a e3? I was hoping you'd have watched this show. Still not sure since your input in this thread hasn't been about anyone from the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emotionalogic View Post
    Maybe if you actually tell me which typings you disagree with I might take your criticism more seriously. As for Jeff, I think 9w8 sp/so, but he could be 6w7. The Enneagram isn't my strong suit.
    Those are my typings.

Yes 9w8 makes sense. So maybe his tritype is 9-3-6. He surely has 3 in his and he isn't reactive enough to be a counterphobic e6. His reactions are a e9 leave me alone reactions seen in esp 9w8s.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I agree with you about Shirley.

You agree with me about Jeff.

Britta's se is childish and tertiary, not aspirational and secondary. She's a fe user, not a fi user, which is why she's such a nut for therapy. She doesn't reflect on her own emotions the way a fi user would. Her ideals are egalitarian fe ones displayed in a loudmouth extroverted manner. She has no filter whatsoever, let alone a Jungian screen between her and the external world. She suffers from a failure to think clearly and thoroughly (inferior ti) not a failure to be assertive or organized (inferior te). She's ni-se, not se-ni; her inner ideas are more important to her than the sense perception of the physical world. She's a neurotic J, not a laid-back P, although she tries to project p-ness (couldn't resist).

Pierce is an introvert, incapable of socializing outside his close circle of friends. And he has trouble even getting along with even them, even though he really wants to be part of the group. He screams inferior fe. He's an introverted sensor, just listen to the terse way he speaks. And the way he participates in his weird cult is very tert-ni (a bit like Tom Cruise, another ISTP). He's pretty clam and collected, and he never lets on, which fits a ti - dom.

I could see ENFJ for Annie, but I think ESFJ fits better. I see si, not se. She does appear more like an ENFJ later on though, when she lightens up a bit and takes on grander projects. She's still more of a nurturer than an idealist though. Compare the number of conversations she's had about abstract concepts with the number of conversations she's had about logistics. And compare her to Britta.

Troy is an obvious ENFP who put on a cheap ESTP facade in his jock days. His friendship with Abed is based in their mutual ne. He's not very bright, which makes him look like a sensor. I just don't see much se there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh right, Abed. How anyone could type him anything other than INTP is beyond me. Ne over se is obvious. I suppose he could be a rare autistic INFP, but the way he develops childish attachments is more inferior fe than dom fi. Inferior te doesn't make any sense, he's too proficient with and reliant on the thinking function. I see no latent desire for organization or control, just a strong urge to break everything down logically.