Thread: NBC's Community

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    This is shocking. Abed is so INTP he's almost a caricature. Aside from maybe L (from Death Note), I'd be hard-pressed to find as clear-cut an INTP in my mind. That scene is, at best, carefully selected (and named). Even there, he's just n observer who found that he can play in terms of a certain system he observed. He's rather not so much manipulating as observing and behaving within the confines of a system.

I won't claim he CAN'T manipulate people, but he never does so for any real practical reason so much as to take his daydreams to the next level. To play at My Dinner With Andre, to pretend to be in a mafia movie, etc. And it's worth noting he spends almost all of his time fantasizing. I raise you the entire Christmas episode last year: one, long, drawn out daydream in Abed's head. Hell, these manipulations (including the mafia episode and the My Dinner With Andre episodes usually result in bad things for Abed (in terms of how the others see him): he never even considered the outcomes, he just wanted to play games.

As for the others:

Troy: ESFP. No doubt.
    Shirley: ESFJ.
    Jeff: ESTP. Too obsessed with appearances and disinterested in virtually anything else (with the exception of a few insightful moments about his friends) to be an N
    Annie: ISFJ is right. She can't abide people not playing by the rules (freaking out over the pen, she's ratted on the crew a couple times) and tends to be sly and manipulative to that end. She's also very prone to overreact emotionally.
    Britta: She's a little tough. She's clearly FP. I'd lean ISFP. A lot of her supposed political campaigning seems like a thin facade, a way to seem interesting or hip. She seems to spend a lot of time alone and in her head to me.
    Pierce: This is the hardest. I feel like sometimes the show isn't sure how to use him so he can vary. He's a schemer, that's for sure, and he drives his friends away, implying he's more comfortable alone. INTJ.
    Duncan: INTx. Lean J.
    Dean Pelton: ESFx.
    Chang: Very hard. He's riddled with mental issues.
    I agree with these.

But to the bolded.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I agree with these.

But to the bolded.
    Well, I don't think I'd consider any of the Community characters the ideal representatives for their type. I mean, they also aren't the worst, but all of them have both the good and the bad going on.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Just started watching the show. So good!

Jeff - ENFJ
    Shirley - ESFJ
    Troy - ESFP
    Britta - ENFP
    Abed - INTP
    Annie - ISFJ
    Pierce - ENTJ
    Señor Chang - ESTP
    Dean Pelton - INFP
    Duncan - ENTP

I think Jeff came off ENTP in the first episode, but he definitely seems more Fe-Ni as the show goes on.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTP

Jeff-Definitely ENTP......i've seen some folks say J, but they miss the point......the character's modus operandi is his desire to get by in life solely on his cleverness and wits, without any serious effort or preplanning whatsoever........his greatest compliment is to be seen as clever.

Britta-Some folks say ENFP, a few others ISFP.......first of all, she's definitely an NF.......she's not driven by a desire for freedom and fun but to be seen as authentic and compassionate.......she's a little too awkward in social situations to be an ENFP, however, she's definitely an INFP........

Shirley-ISFJ.......she's, again, a bit awkward in social situations, she's desires to be seen as helpful, thus her constant desire to bake, provide material comforts........and her predisposition to gossip are all hallmark ISFJ traits.

Troy-ESFP......entertainer

Abed-INTP........not sure where folks are getting INFJ from, as he's the anti-INFJ........probably because of his apparently intuitive pronouncements on everything, but this comes from his complete lack of emotional attachment and social filter.......Jeff said it best on the first episode when he noted Abed was the poster child for Aspergers.......there is no NF remotely present.......in fact, he's pretty much patterned as a character off of Star Trek NG's 'Data'.

Annie-ISxJ.....started out ISFJ.....increasingly an ISTJ as a character.......certainly demonstrating recently a tough-mindedness when pursuing her goals.

Pierce-ESFP? His character is a bit neurotic and hard to pin down......but I strongly suspect ESFP

Chang-Who knows?
    Last edited by sgtmac_46; 10-17-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

I'm inclined to think that Britta is more of an Fe user. She's found a group she can identify with (the rebels) and she defends the ideals that go with it vigorously without putting them through the sort of internal processing you'd see in an Fi dom her age.

Anyway, I'm sufficiently entertained by the show that I don't really think of the characters' types while watching it.

Jeff - ESTP
    Shirley - ESFJ
    Troy - ENFP
    Britta - ENFJ
    Abed - INTP
    Annie - ISFJ
    Pierce - ESTJ
    Señor Chang - ExTx
    Dean Pelton - ESFP
    Duncan - INTJ

- I have seen zero Ne from Jeff, only Ti. He's critical of others' flaws and hates losing.
    - Shirley is Fe-dom, self-explanatory. Si next, she likes tradition and security.
    - Troy rides on Ne/Fi 99% of the time, just look at his idea-generating manner. Rarely thinks anything through, smiles a lot.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I'm inclined to think that Britta is more of an Fe user.
    ia. She's close on Si vs. Ni, but I'm guessing Ni because of how well she reads people's inner stuff, almost unwittingly.
    - Only INTx would make charts that complex. Feeling is Abed's inferior function. Ne vs. Ni is tough, but he plays off Troy's Ne too well to be J-type.
    - Annie "expects everyone to be better than they are and herself to be better than anyone."
    - Pierce is no N, he reacts to trends and joins cults. Demanding and confident, but foolishly brash.
    - Dean Pelton wore a Gaga costume for Halloween.
    - Duncan is far too control-oriented to be Ne-dom. He's also too concerned with "being emasculated" to be anything but Te-aux.

QED

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by bertoia View Post
    - Dean Pelton wore a Gaga costume for Halloween.
    I really enjoy how well this makes your point.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTJ

Jeff - ENTP
    Britta - ENFP
    Annie - INFJ
    Troy - ESFP
    Abed - INTP
    Pierce - ENTJ
    Shirley - ESFJ

MBTI
    INFJ

I think the problem with trying to type comedy characters is that they are always blown of proportion, and they often don't actually make sense--if they were perfectly consistent and realistic, they wouldn't be as funny. So I think when typing them you should try to do it based on what you think they are SUPPOSED to be. What the overall vibe from their character is--who they are mimicking, basically.
    You guys type almost everyone as N, when in reality most of the population isn't!

This is my ever-so-humble attempt:
    Jeff: ESTp
    Annie: ISFJ
    Abed: INTP
    Troy: SP are the only ones that seem obvious
    The Dean: ESP
    Shirley: ESFJ
    Britta: ....EStP

MBTI
    ISTx

I don't think Abed is an F. I say INTP. Troy is an extrovert.